Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

markb

Any idea on the other iron shaft? The nickel one I think? Is it the same shaft as well? I know the weight was a gram heavier

It's not the same shaft, but I do not know exactly what the differences are.

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the same shaft, but I do not know exactly what the differences are.

Was just curious. I'm excited to see how they work for you.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I am going to test 4,6,8, and pw side by side with my current set this afternoon and will get some data on my es14. If you have a better idea, please share

Send it all my way and let me do it for you ;) good luck!

= bad idea. However, it was worth a try

Its a great idea... For me :)

You on the other hand, not such a great idea lol

Ok, the more I hear about these shafts, the more I want to try them, although I'm not sure what version to try.

However, who here buys this claim?

Screenshot_2015-03-06-20-45-26.png

Generates energy? Increases frequency when greater force is applied? Hmmm.

It could be more efficient at transferring energy, but generating energy? No.

Can the frequency change based on the load? Easy enough to test with a frequency meter. Pull it down 2 inches and release it and then pull it down 4 inches and see the result. Shafts vibrate at the same frequency regardless of the applied load. Does anyone have a frequency meter to test this? I have one in my garage in New Mexico, but not up here. I don't have a Paderson shaft to check out either way anyway though.

This isn't meant to take away from how the shafts perform, which sounds impressive so far. But some things in a sales pitch just jump out at you and make you say, "Wait a minute.".

Okay, so I hit the iron shafts...it was 45* outside. Once I got lose, club head speed with 8 iron was right at 118 mph per es14. Distance was very consistent one warmed up I was 178-180 yards. The main thing is how stable they were. I was hitting shot after shot with the same ball flight. So, a graphite shafted iron shaft holds up to the 118 mph 8 iron swing. Impressed? I was

here are a few pics before I put the grips on.  I don't have the grips that are going to be on here permanently, but thank to the technology of pure grips, I can take the ones I have on and off.  This combination is a thing of beauty!  They also feel really good and perform pretty well for a guy with a bummed shoulder (working on letting it heal which means no working out) hitting 3/4 8 irons.

paderson irons 2.jpg

paderson irons 3.jpg

paderson irons.jpg

@Blade I suppose it's the ridiculous marketing claim that rubs the wrong way. I'm going to start a thread on it. This one didn't bother me because I didn't read it closely enough. Thanks for pointing it out.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not a mechanical engineer. I do construction related survey and 3D computer design and modeling for 3D machine control/guidance applications. I moved to Colorado to do sales, support and training for a Trimble dealer (SITECH Rocky Mountain) for the construction and mining industries.

The house in New Mexico is East of Abq off I-40 in Edgewood. I doubt we'll move back at this point. It's rented out right now. Will probably sell it.

here are a few pics before I put the grips on.  I don't have the grips that are going to be on here permanently, but thank to the technology of pure grips, I can take the ones I have on and off.  This combination is a thing of beauty!  They also feel really good and perform pretty well for a guy with a bummed shoulder (working on letting it heal which means no working out) hitting 3/4 8 irons.

Sweet looking clubs!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Okay, so I hit the iron shafts...it was 45* outside. Once I got lose, club head speed with 8 iron was right at 118 mph per es14. Distance was very consistent one warmed up I was 178-180 yards. The main thing is how stable they were. I was hitting shot after shot with the same ball flight. So, a graphite shafted iron shaft holds up to the 118 mph 8 iron swing. Impressed? I was

Very nice looking sticks sir. What was the ball flight compared to the px 7.5? Also did you get a spin rate difference?

You have to be getting some insane spin numbers, because I'm hitting my 8i that length with 15mph less swing speed.

You have to be getting some insane spin numbers, because I'm hitting my 8i that length with 15mph less swing speed.

Maybe it was the artificial lighting messing up the speeds. Maybe it was the range balls. I don't know, but if I were to hit an 8 iron only 180 yards and hit it as accurate as I did with them, I would take it all day.

Maybe it was the artificial lighting messing up the speeds. Maybe it was the range balls. I don't know, but if I were to hit an 8 iron only 180 yards and hit it as accurate as I did with them, I would take it all day.

Are you going off visual distance with range balls or the es14 distance? I can see 180 with range balls, that's probably closer to 200 with gamer balls. Does that es14 give spin rates? I'm just curious as to what kind of spin you generate with that type of SS in a short iron.

Are you going off visual distance with range balls or the es14 distance? I can see 180 with range balls, that's probably closer to 200 with gamer balls. Does that es14 give spin rates? I'm just curious as to what kind of spin you generate with that type of SS in a short iron.

Yes, it gives spin numbers...however I know the spin is not correct at all.  Thats the one downfall to it.  However, for the price and the accuracy of the distance...It's worth it.  I will try and get some numbers on a flightscope. I have tested in side by side against an GC2 and the distances were identical.  The spin rates were a good bit different, way higher on the ES14.  (I spoke with Ernest Sports about this and I will be sending it back to them for a firmware update which is supposed to help.)

I just got my replacement (Kevlar Green) shaft delivered on Friday and was able to hit with it for the first time this morning.

All I'll say for now is, it's a MUCH better fit for me!! ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I just got my replacement (Kevlar Green) shaft delivered on Friday and was able to hit with it for the first time this morning.

All I'll say for now is, it's a MUCH better fit for me!! ;)

Yeah!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming most of us are waiting on more data and will put it in the reviews.  Personally I have a dilemma...Just got a Titleist 915D3 and now I'm debating if I continue testing with the SLDR or pick up a Titleist tip and start testing with that.  I'm leaning towards taking out the SLDR heads and having a shoot out.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Same problem here hckymeyer. I just got an 8* Sldr that I'm wanting to try out but I'm going to try and hold off until either I'm done testing or I will only hit that driver on days where I don't swing my current gamer.

I played two rounds this past weekend and had to use the 915, it was the shiniest tool in the shed so to speak.  I really liked the way it set up and hit some very nice drives.  I don't feel like it was any longer than my SLDR though. 

Hoping to get out Friday again and I plan on taking both SLDR's with me.  I have a 9 (set to 10) and 10.5 (set to 11).  Diamana in one and Paderson in the other.  I'll hit both drivers on every tee and then swap shaft/heads at the turn and see what happens.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Seems like you have it figured out man. All I can comment on so far is feel. I love the feel of this shaft. Haven't gotten enough time with it yet to say more.

I still have more testing to do, but so far the Paderson is continuing to impress me, particularly with the feel and consistency.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I get my baby back from my club guy today. He just got back from Traverse City so it's been sitting in his house after he put the adaptor back on with 24 hr epoxy. Headed STRAIGHT to the range after work.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

• SPY VIP

I'm liking the irons, loving hybrid and FW but not overly impressed with either driver shaft so far. No trackman data yet, but suspect I'm losing a few yards. Swing Caddie tells me my swing speed is up with the heavier shaft, but it just seems like it's losing energy at impact.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'm liking the irons, loving hybrid and FW but not overly impressed with either driver shaft so far. No trackman data yet, but suspect in listing a few yards. Swing caddie tells me my swing speed is up with the heavier shaft, but it just seems like it's losing energy at impact.

Swing caddie isn't the most reliable machine with a driver. Irons and wedges it works great. I am ordering the heavier NI driver shaft soon. I believe this will be the best shaft for me with a faster swing. Thinking it will help tempo and increase fairways hit. The most accurate of shafts as well as one of the longest was around 92 grams. I'll know if this is the same for me soon

Archived