TESTERS WANTED! ×

KBS Shafts Vs. True Temper Dynamic Golf

langesc88

I need an honest review on the standard True Temper Dynamic Gold stock shaft that come came in my AP1 712 and the KBS shafts. I was looking at the new Taylormade RSI's and they had you Standard Dynamic Gold Shaft however the Gent at Golfsmith said I should look at the RSI 2 which have the "upgraded" KBS shaft in them. The cost is about $200.00 more with the KBS. 

Is there that big of a difference on these shafts? Will you really see an impact on your game?

Look forward to your thoughts?

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

My experience between the two is I like the feel of KBS better than DG. They have a good kick to them. I have C Tapers now because I needed to lower the flight and spin a bit. Took some getting used to coming from the Tours. I don't like the feel quite as much, but it did help me just stop balls on the green as opposed to spinning them back too much. I could probably do fine with DG too as they are lower spin than the Tours. I think KBS wins on feel more than anything.

After not really playing for 6 months now and not having my indoor golf room anymore, who knows if that's even the best fit for me now though.

I need an honest review on the standard True Temper Dynamic Gold stock shaft that come came in my AP1 712 and the KBS shafts. I was looking at the new Taylormade RSI's and they had you Standard Dynamic Gold Shaft however the Gent at Golfsmith said I should look at the RSI 2 which have the "upgraded" KBS shaft in them. The cost is about $200.00 more with the KBS.

Is there that big of a difference on these shafts? Will you really see an impact on your game?

Look forward to your thoughts?

It will honestly depend on how each shaft fits your swing and personal preference for feel. Some people like DG some don't. Same for kbs.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The DG feel stiffer to me and I can feel the kick more in the KBS. The shafts I have now are DG XP S300 which are somewhat in between I think, a little stiffer feeling than KBS but not as stiff like the DG. Just because the KBS shafts cost more and are considered an "upgrade" doesn't mean they are any better because they could be a horrible fit for you but a good fit for someone else, depends on what works and feels the best to you. If custom fitting is not an option, I would hit both shafts and see which one you like the most, if you can feel a difference. I also noticed that the shafts come in different iron heads so this may impact feel and shot results since they have some different characteristics. 

You really do need to try both shafts with the heads you want to play.

I don't currently use them, but I liked the KBS shafts in the Ben Hogans I demo'd last month but not so much in my Alpha RX-1's.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I'm with the above -- best to work with a fitter and see what feels the best to you and what gives you the best numbers.  I've played PX 5.5's and KBS Tours the last few years - the Tours are my preference.  

Have had two fitting experiences since the season ended - in both cases the fitters put me into KBS C-Tapers.  While my inconsistent swing may have had something to do with it, here's a look at the impact tape from the last fitting -- comparing PX 5.5m DG S300 and C-Taper S...

fitting image.jpg

For whatever reason, this seemed to work the best - for me, but your swing is a hell of a lot smoother than mine.  When you're healthy, let's go see Thomas as 2nd Swing...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Sounds like he is trying to up sell you into a completely different set of irons. If the RSI 1 felt good and you were happy with the performance, who cares what the shafts are.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Isn't one a cast head and the RSi2 a forged head? That is going to account for most of such a price difference, I believe. I seem to recall a press release from Mizuno anyway around November '14 announcing no upcharge for steel shafts, so don't let anyone charge you $200 for KBS over a DG. KBS is pretty typical stock fair for many OEM's now and shouldn't carry any upcharge really. Srixon offers them over DG at no charge as well.

Softer feel to the KBS Tour shafts and a little higher flight. Little bit counter-balanced. If you come over the top, that can help swing from the inside a little better/avoid the hooks.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Every time I try another shaft, I remember why I always stay with KBS. I've never seen its equal.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

KBS Tours have a softer tip section and a higher ball flight. If you play in a lot of wind and hit the ball high already, I'd advise against them. They do not fight the wind. They're superb feeling shafts though and if you hit the ball lower and need help getting the ball up, KBS is your shaft.

The KBS C-Taper is their competitor to the Dynamic Gold. It's not as low as the DG, but it's significantly lower launching and spinning than the KBS Tour. It feels totally different than the Tour though, as it's got a much stiffer tip section and the audible feedback on misses is much louder.

The Dynamic Gold is the lowest launching shaft out there in terms of steel. It's the standard across the tours as well, as it's the #1 steel shaft in play and has been for a long time. It's low launch and lower spinning than anything else out there and is perfect for someone that needs to hit the ball lower.

I do have a feeling the guy wasn't exactly sure about what he was telling you though. They're not that much more than Dynamic Golds price wise, but much more concerning is that the RSI1 and RSI2 are 2 different clubs for different category of players. The RSI1 is their Super GI club that's designed for max forgiveness while the RSI2 is more of a standard player's GI iron that's a progressive set. The RSI2 has 5 separate designs throughout the 9 club set for both forgiveness and playability. The heads are smaller and less forgiving. And they also have a higher price tag as well as a better profit margin. Sounds to me like he was blowing some smoke to try and get you to spend more and he make more commission. JMO though.

Did he fit you or were you just talking to him about the clubs? If he didn't fit you, he was definitely trying to make a sales pitch for more cash out of your pocket. Because there's no way he could've recommended the proper iron or shaft with just a guess based on what you were talking about to him.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm with the above -- best to work with a fitter and see what feels the best to you and what gives you the best numbers.  I've played PX 5.5's and KBS Tours the last few years - the Tours are my preference.  

Have had two fitting experiences since the season ended - in both cases the fitters put me into KBS C-Tapers.  While my inconsistent swing may have had something to do with it, here's a look at the impact tape from the last fitting -- comparing PX 5.5m DG S300 and C-Taper S...

attachicon.giffitting image.jpg

For whatever reason, this seemed to work the best - for me, but your swing is a hell of a lot smoother than mine.  When you're healthy, let's go see Thomas as 2nd Swing...

That's an impressive grouping John

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

Sounds like he is trying to up sell you into a completely different set of irons. If the RSI 1 felt good and you were happy with the performance, who cares what the shafts are.

I know the salesman at Golfsmith. He's a great guy. Since back surgery 3 weeks ago I have not been able to try any clubs. Just getting the itch to swing and what better way than to go club shopping. I'm not set on the Taylormade clubs, but as a title sponsor to our reality show I feel I need to show a little love. Before there release I was able to hit them and they were very nice however they had the DG S300 shaft. What little experience I have had with the KBS has been on a set of custom made Scott irons with them. Those clubs were money!

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

KBS Tours have a softer tip section and a higher ball flight. If you play in a lot of wind and hit the ball high already, I'd advise against them. They do not fight the wind. They're superb feeling shafts though and if you hit the ball lower and need help getting the ball up, KBS is your shaft.

The KBS C-Taper is their competitor to the Dynamic Gold. It's not as low as the DG, but it's significantly lower launching and spinning than the KBS Tour. It feels totally different than the Tour though, as it's got a much stiffer tip section and the audible feedback on misses is much louder.

The Dynamic Gold is the lowest launching shaft out there in terms of steel. It's the standard across the tours as well, as it's the #1 steel shaft in play and has been for a long time. It's low launch and lower spinning than anything else out there and is perfect for someone that needs to hit the ball lower.

I do have a feeling the guy wasn't exactly sure about what he was telling you though. They're not that much more than Dynamic Golds price wise, but much more concerning is that the RSI1 and RSI2 are 2 different clubs for different category of players. The RSI1 is their Super GI club that's designed for max forgiveness while the RSI2 is more of a standard player's GI iron that's a progressive set. The RSI2 has 5 separate designs throughout the 9 club set for both forgiveness and playability. The heads are smaller and less forgiving. And they also have a higher price tag as well as a better profit margin. Sounds to me like he was blowing some smoke to try and get you to spend more and he make more commission. JMO though.

Did he fit you or were you just talking to him about the clubs? If he didn't fit you, he was definitely trying to make a sales pitch for more cash out of your pocket. Because there's no way he could've recommended the proper iron or shaft with just a guess based on what you were talking about to him.

No fitting yet. Just out looking while in recovery from disc surgery. Great info!!! Thanks

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

No fitting yet. Just out looking while in recovery from disc surgery. Great info!!! Thanks

I'd go elsewhere, the guy wasn't looking out for your best interests/needs, he was looking out for his margins and his commissions.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Do you take large divots? KBS shafts are known to bend for a digger.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I used the KBS tours in my new clubs. Haven't picked up any height, but hit it more constantly than ever.  I think everyone hit it on the head, he tried to pull a fast one on you. Go get fitted somewhere else and find the shaft that works for you. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I wasn't aware of that. Luckily I'm a sweeper.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I do take divots, not beaver pelts just nice size divots

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

I can't agree with this post more. Rookie was spot on with what I noticed when I got fit for my shafts. The kbs tour feel great but launched much much higher and spun a lot more. C taper was much lower spin and slightly low launch but nothing launched as low as the dynamic golds.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I do take divots, not beaver pelts just nice size divots

I've only heard issues with the C-tapers. Not sure if there have been KBS Tour issues.

For what its worth, have had about 4 or 5 sets with C-tapers without issue.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I bought Mizuno JPX-825's last Summer, and I LOVE my KBS Tour shafts.  I'm in agreement with the masses here: you need to try the clubs with the shafts to feel them, and to see the shot dispersion.  I chose the KBS Tour because the dispersion was much tighter (for me) than Dynamic Gold.  (Tried Project X too, but just not for me.  Felt like swinging a 2 x 12.)

That said, Mizuno charges $0 for most of the "upgrade" shafts.  To me, it's a bait & switch when you're already going to spend $800 +/- to nick you $20-30 a stick for the proper shaft.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I bought Mizuno JPX-825's last Summer, and I LOVE my KBS Tour shafts.  I'm in agreement with the masses here: you need to try the clubs with the shafts to feel them, and to see the shot dispersion.  I chose the KBS Tour because the dispersion was much tighter (for me) than Dynamic Gold.  (Tried Project X too, but just not for me.  Felt like swinging a 2 x 12.)

That said, Mizuno charges $0 for most of the "upgrade" shafts.  To me, it's a bait & switch when you're already going to spend $800 +/- to nick you $20-30 a stick for the proper shaft.

^^^ As I'm boxing up my MP-59's with PX 6.0's to go to my club guy for soft-stepped Aerotech 110 stiffs. LOL!^^^

"Glute Activator"

PX not in the picture at all?

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

^^^ As I'm boxing up my MP-59's with PX 6.0's to go to my club guy for soft-stepped Aerotech 110 stiffs. LOL!^^^

I love the feel of my PX 5.5. I tried 6.0 for a while and couldn't get them to work well. 5.5 is money. I've enjoyedplaying KBS Tour Stiff too, but the PX won me over.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

I love the feel of my PX 5.5. I tried 6.0 for a while and couldn't get them to work well. 5.5 is money. I've enjoyedplaying KBS Tour Stiff too, but the PX won me over.

Played PX for a number of years in 6.0 and 6.5. Actually wanted C-tapers in this set at the time, but it was right before Miz started carrying them. Went with same weight/designer anyway for the shafts. PX launch high enough for me, but I think I need more spin. Their descent angle is too strong for good green holding for me anymore. I need a more defined apex to my flight, and I think the Steelfibers will do that.

"Glute Activator"

• 7 months later...

I forgot about this thread. It's a good one since the question came back up recently. I have snapped a couple of KBSes at the tip. That was when I had a hitting bay in my house and was hitting off the mat a lot though.

Over the last year since moving, I have maybe gotten in four or five 9 hole rounds and one 18 hole scramble for a work event. I'm not swinging anything like I used to. I really think that unless I have the time to condition myself again, I need to take the C-Tapers out and move to R or R+ Tours, not to mention something more forgiving. I used to be very consistent at finding the center of the club. But I was hitting balls every day too. My swing feels forced now just because my muscles aren't used to stretching and moving like that anymore. Amazing what happens when you can't keep as active.

Anyway, good thread to resurrect about KBS vs DG.

Get fitted. I had Wilson Staff clubs with KBS Tours and couldn't get the long irons off the ground. Now I have I20's with DG S300 shafts and the ball flight is higher than with the Wilson's and much more controllable. I guess I'm an S300 guy. In terms of feel, I don't feel the difference. I feel it in the head because I went from forged to cast but I don't feel it in the shafts at all. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Get fitted. I had Wilson Staff clubs with KBS Tours and couldn't get the long irons off the ground. Now I have I20's with DG S300 shafts and the ball flight is higher than with the Wilson's and much more controllable. I guess I'm an S300 guy. In terms of feel, I don't feel the difference. I feel it in the head because I went from forged to cast but I don't feel it in the shafts at all.

The only reason this can be is either 1. its in your head or 2. You have an early release, smooth transition and controlled downswing. That would mean that the shaft doesn't matter very much to you. The club head change is what will be your big difference as far as launch increasing. These are very different shafts. See the chart

post-30969-0-67165500-1344949027_thumb.jpg

The only other possibility it that you received something that was not what it said it was. It was either labeled improperly from the ebayer or may have been tipped/hardstepped at some point and that was not disclosed.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I prefer the feel of KBS but they don't fit me well. The stiffer tip of DG suits my needs better.

That's what got me hooked on them is the feel. They have a powerful kick.

I think Undershooter probably nailed it with the smooth early release suggestion. If he's not loading the shaft in the first place, it doesn't much matter what shaft he uses as long as the weight is right for him.

Archived