Damon

I Spy... Srixon Z-star Balls for Testing!

Received a package in the mail today:

http://flic.kr/p/qcfXty

Everyone should post the actual box the balls came in. I didn't have much in the way of small(ish) box inventory in the house, so some guys got boxes bigger than they needed to be for 1 dozen balls. FedEx probably thinks I'm insane.

Everyone should post the actual box the balls came in. I didn't have much in the way of small(ish) box inventory in the house, so some guys got boxes bigger than they needed to be for 1 dozen balls. FedEx probably thinks I'm insane.

I'm trying!  But I cannot figure out how to get the photos from Flickr into the post.  I'm striking out with everything I am doing (they are set to public in Flickr).  Help!

EDIT - I can get the photo to link, but it is showing the BBCode in the background.  Anyway to get rid of this?

I think you could have fit a good 8 dozen balls in my box.  I was super excited there for a minute! :)

Ok - quick initial impressions, and test 1.  Most comparisons I make will be to the Callaway Hex Black ball.

Quick Impressions:

I like the color.  It is white whereas the Callaway has a bit of grey to it.

The cover feels a bit slick to me.  I was expecting something a bit tackier if that makes sense.  The last ball I played that had a similar feel was the Top Flight Tour v2.  I don't know if it was the cover, or whatever - but I crushed my irons with that ball - a good club longer than any other ball. 

Bedroom Carpet Putt Test:

I used a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 putter.

The Srixon has a softer/more solid feel than the Callaway.  If feels "heavier" if that makes sense.  The Callaway seems to pop off the face a bit, whereas the Srixon seems to hang on the club face and roll off.  As for sound, the Srixon has a deeper tone.  I'm sure this has something to do with the feel.  Overall, I really like the feel/sound off the putter.

Next, I'll head to the chipping and putting green.

Let me know if you have any testing requests/suggestions.

I thought the box Srixon sent me was large! Well done! LOL!

The sleeves tend to get a little mooshed, but I've sent stuff like this out before in padded mailing envelopes, or USPS flat rate boxes. But the proto sleeves are cool. Don't wanna crush those!

Hi all,

Srixon Testers please check your private messages - you have one from me. If you didn't get one or you can't access it, please email me - golfspy_brad@mygolfspy.com 

thanks

GSB

Was rolling these on the Big Moss green last night with some '13 PV1 and PV1x.

Boy, the Z-stars feel NICE off the blade. So soft. ZSx is close, but just a tad firmer feeling.

Both felt nicer than the PV1 or PV1x.

If the Z745 irons work out, I very well could be all Srixon/Cleveland this year. Wow.

Funny thing: I've had the same balls downstairs for some time to practice with. I didn't realize I had worn the covers off of them so much. My putting felt so much better with the new balls. LOL!

Got mine!

Yes, the box is big!

image.jpg

But zee balls, are beautiful!

image.jpg

I shall tee one up on Tuesday morning, and see how they feel. Looking forward to it!

Played my first round with the new balls, and let me just say, it will be worth reading the reviews when done. Let's just say I look at Srixon Z Star balls a little differently now...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    derek.hansen14

• By Golfspy_CG2
      The results of the My Golf Ball ball study generated a lot of discussion and also questions as a result.  If one of those questions you had is, which model of Srixon ball will work best for me, the Z Star or the Z Star XV, then we may the answer for you.
      Four of our members were sent a dozen of each, and will be putting them in play on the course and putting green over the next 4  to 5 weeks to see which one works best for them.  They will report in regularly along the way with results form both.  So feel free to chime in with questions and read both their stage reviews to get their full thoughts. 

Our Four Testers Are:
      @Reesedw               Stage 1                  Stage 2
      @pulledabill             Stage 1                  Stage 2
      @ChasingScratch    Stage 1                  Stage 2
      @golfertrb                Stage 1                 Stage 2
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      With JB Holmes highlighting it, Srixon had a big day on Sunday with 3 worldwide wins.  Here's the Srixon Equipment for each of them.   Note they all had the new Srixon Z-Star ball in play. 
      J.B. Holmes – PGA TOUR – Genesis Open – Pacific Palisades, CA (5th PGATOUR win)
      What’s in J.B.’s Bag:
      ·       Srixon Z U85 Utility Iron (20º)
      o   Alternates this utility with an 18º depending on the course setup.
      ·       Srixon Z 785 Irons (4-PW)
      ·       Cleveland RTX 4 (50º MID, 54º MID, 60º LOW)
      ·       Srixon Z-STAR XV
      o   On a day that got more and more difficult as the wind wreaked havoc on players ability to control their distances, J.B. leaned on the stability and consistency of his Z-STAR XV and hit the shots he needed to coming down the stretch.

Ryan Fox – European Tour – ISPS HANDA World Super 6 Perth – Perth, Australia. (1st European Tour win)
      What’s in Ryan’s Bag:
      ·       Srixon Z 785 Driver (10.5º)
      o   Known as one of the longest player on the European Tour, this was just Ryan’s second week of competition with the new Z 785 driver. 
      ·       Srixon Z U85 Utility Iron (20º)
      ·       Srixon Z 785 Irons (4-PW)
      ·       Cleveland RTX 4 (50º MID, 54º MID, 60º MID)
      ·       Srixon Z-STAR XV

Miguel Angel-Jimenez – Champions Tour – Chubb Classic – Naples, Florida (7th Champions Tour win)
      What’s in Miguel’s Bag:
      ·       Srixon Z-STAR

• By hckymeyer
      Official Forum Member Reviews

Snell MTB Black & MTB Red

MTB Black:

03trdblack                           Stage 1     Stage 2
      HighontheHog                     Stage 1     Stage 2
      Theedpatt                           Stage 1     Stage 2
      dhartmann34                      Stage 1     Stage 2
      Derek666                            Stage 1     Stage 2

MTB Red:

kingcscott                            Stage 1     Stage 2
      Rickp                                   Stage 1     Stage 2
      MaxEntropy                         Stage 1     Stage 2
      golfergirl1                            Stage 1     Stage 2
      PING Apologist #9               Stage 1     Stage 2
    • By MmmmmmBuddy
      New setup from Driver to LW.
      I'm kinda excited.
      Driver: Srixon Z785 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Orange Stiff
      FW: Srixon Z785 13.5°,  Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Orange Stiff
      UT: Srixon ZU85 #2 & #4, Aerotech Steelfiber 110i CW
      Irons: Srixon Z785 5-Pw, TTDG TI S400
      Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50°, 54°, 58° TTDG TI S400

• By Golfspy_CG2
      SPOTTED: 📺 Just saw the @SrixonGolf #MostWanted commercial on @GolfChannel ! pic.twitter.com/qZeuKJ93rZ
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!