TESTERS WANTED! ×

I Spy... Srixon Z-star Balls for Testing!

Damon

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

• SPY VIP

Received a package in the mail today:

http://flic.kr/p/qcfXty

Everyone should post the actual box the balls came in. I didn't have much in the way of small(ish) box inventory in the house, so some guys got boxes bigger than they needed to be for 1 dozen balls. FedEx probably thinks I'm insane.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Everyone should post the actual box the balls came in. I didn't have much in the way of small(ish) box inventory in the house, so some guys got boxes bigger than they needed to be for 1 dozen balls. FedEx probably thinks I'm insane.

I'm trying!  But I cannot figure out how to get the photos from Flickr into the post.  I'm striking out with everything I am doing (they are set to public in Flickr).  Help!

EDIT - I can get the photo to link, but it is showing the BBCode in the background.  Anyway to get rid of this?

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

I think you could have fit a good 8 dozen balls in my box.  I was super excited there for a minute! :)

Ok - quick initial impressions, and test 1.  Most comparisons I make will be to the Callaway Hex Black ball.

Quick Impressions:

I like the color.  It is white whereas the Callaway has a bit of grey to it.

The cover feels a bit slick to me.  I was expecting something a bit tackier if that makes sense.  The last ball I played that had a similar feel was the Top Flight Tour v2.  I don't know if it was the cover, or whatever - but I crushed my irons with that ball - a good club longer than any other ball. 

Bedroom Carpet Putt Test:

I used a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 putter.

The Srixon has a softer/more solid feel than the Callaway.  If feels "heavier" if that makes sense.  The Callaway seems to pop off the face a bit, whereas the Srixon seems to hang on the club face and roll off.  As for sound, the Srixon has a deeper tone.  I'm sure this has something to do with the feel.  Overall, I really like the feel/sound off the putter.

Next, I'll head to the chipping and putting green.

Let me know if you have any testing requests/suggestions.

I thought the box Srixon sent me was large! Well done! LOL!

The sleeves tend to get a little mooshed, but I've sent stuff like this out before in padded mailing envelopes, or USPS flat rate boxes. But the proto sleeves are cool. Don't wanna crush those!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Was rolling these on the Big Moss green last night with some '13 PV1 and PV1x.

Boy, the Z-stars feel NICE off the blade. So soft. ZSx is close, but just a tad firmer feeling.

Both felt nicer than the PV1 or PV1x.

If the Z745 irons work out, I very well could be all Srixon/Cleveland this year. Wow.

Funny thing: I've had the same balls downstairs for some time to practice with. I didn't realize I had worn the covers off of them so much. My putting felt so much better with the new balls. LOL!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Got mine!

Yes, the box is big!

image.jpg

But zee balls, are beautiful!

image.jpg

I shall tee one up on Tuesday morning, and see how they feel. Looking forward to it!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played my first round with the new balls, and let me just say, it will be worth reading the reviews when done. Let's just say I look at Srixon Z Star balls a little differently now...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Archived