Sign in to follow this  
Severtheties

Bowlers?

Our Sponsors

I'm not taking a picture of my SEVEN balls.......yep, I'm that guy. I only took three into the alley with me.......the rest stayed in the vehicle unless I needed them. Lol

I've got a 3 more older bowling balls, I need to get them re-drilled I order to use them, one of them is my Dads old ball that has been through a lot, including the ceiling of the bowling alley, but that's another story

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

If i took a picture of my basement you'd see probably 25-30 bowling balls...some even new in the box..........my dads basement (my brother lives at home too because he just graduated college) probably has 40-50 between them....we bowl a lot........

• Like 2

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

We used to bowl a lot in the winter, but never really got into the bigger leagues that were around, when we were kids my mom had opportunities to give it a go in the lower professional ranks but with 6 kids and being by herself she really couldn't afford to take the time off to really give it a good effort.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My problem with league is that it's 35 friggin weeks; thats not doable when you have two young kids.  The most fun I've had in a league was a Monday night 4-man league that didn't start until 9:30PM and was only like 20-25 weeks.  I would love to do something like that again, since my kids would be in bed at that point.

• Like 1

My problem with league is that it's 35 friggin weeks; thats not doable when you have two young kids. The most fun I've had in a league was a Monday night 4-man league that didn't start until 9:30PM and was only like 20-25 weeks. I would love to do something like that again, since my kids would be in bed at that point.

I've been pushing for a long time to make shorter seasons. I think we'd ger more interest for the exact reasons you put above. I called it "semester bowling".

I grew up in a my dad's bowling alley back in the 50's and 60's. Bowled for a while on the PBA Tour during the late 60's and early 70's. My first traveling partner was a fellow by the name of Earl Anthony... we had the same sponsor. With today's equipment, the game has to a point where a 69 year-old guy like myself can average 225-230 on a "house" condition. Sad to see actually...

I grew up in a my dad's bowling alley back in the 50's and 60's. Bowled for a while on the PBA Tour during the late 60's and early 70's. My first traveling partner was a fellow by the name of Earl Anthony... we had the same sponsor. With today's equipment, the game has to a point where a 69 year-old guy like myself can average 225-230 on a "house" condition. Sad to see actually...

The PBA product of today is concerning to me. Im only 29 but I don't like it either. Its almost TOO easy. I could go on but I'll save that for another day.

On another note - that is absolutely awesome you traveled with Earl. I watched the TOC last week and Carmen Salvino bowled. It was so cool to see him still bowling a major tournament. 

My league just wrapped up last week. Sixteen weeks from October to February definitely helps keep me occupied during the offseason. Granted there's probably going to be a bit of time here in Ohio before we can actually see the course again. I think it dropped another couple inches again this morning here in Cbus. Yay. 

Adjusted signature: 

In my RotoGrip bowling bag:

15 Lb DV8 Hellraiser Terror

16 Lb Track Havok

Scariest part is I have a massive delta drill press, bowling ball drilling jig, two sets of bits and various sizing tools and practice balls currently taking up space in my basement. I got them when my old job told me to just toss it all in the trash. Drill press is still brand new and like some of the older golf gear in the basement with it, I'm not sure why the hell I still am holding onto it at this point. 

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

I bowl in a winter league. It is a long season. Ours is 30 weeks. Not having a good go at it this year though. Only averaging 189, down 10 from last year. I'm Blaming a new ball this year. Picked up a Motive Tribal, and this thing hates the oil! Can't get used to my new mark. Unlike buying clubs, buying a bowling ball is the worst. Your basically buying blind. You can talk to the guy at the Pro Shop. Try and guess your house oil pattern and where you want the ball to break. Pin up, down, left, right. Get it drilled. Roll it, and.......... Nothing! Now I have a $225 spare ball. Sometimes I think these bowling pro shop guys are worse than the kid at the big box telling me how I need to buy a hybrid just because it goes the farthest, not because it fits my set. They just don't listen! So it's back to my old ball. The nice thing about my league, is the guys I bowl with are great (league champs last year) and we have a golf tournament at the end of the season.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

My league just wrapped up last week. Sixteen weeks from October to February definitely helps keep me occupied during the offseason. Granted there's probably going to be a bit of time here in Ohio before we can actually see the course again. I think it dropped another couple inches again this morning here in Cbus. Yay. 

Adjusted signature: 

In my RotoGrip bowling bag:

15 Lb DV8 Hellraiser Terror

16 Lb Track Havok

Scariest part is I have a massive delta drill press, bowling ball drilling jig, two sets of bits and various sizing tools and practice balls currently taking up space in my basement. I got them when my old job told me to just toss it all in the trash. Drill press is still brand new and like some of the older golf gear in the basement with it, I'm not sure why the hell I still am holding onto it at this point. 

Want to sell the press? lol

Where do you bowl Duffer? I'm in Columbus as well.

I bowl in a winter league. It is a long season. Ours is 30 weeks. Not having a good go at it this year though. Only averaging 189, down 10 from last year. I'm Blaming a new ball this year. Picked up a Motive Tribal, and this thing hates the oil! Can't get used to my new mark. Unlike buying clubs, buying a bowling ball is the worst. Your basically buying blind. You can talk to the guy at the Pro Shop. Try and guess your house oil pattern and where you want the ball to break. Pin up, down, left, right. Get it drilled. Roll it, and.......... Nothing! Now I have a $225 spare ball. Sometimes I think these bowling pro shop guys are worse than the kid at the big box telling me how I need to buy a hybrid just because it goes the farthest, not because it fits my set. They just don't listen! So it's back to my old ball. The nice thing about my league, is the guys I bowl with are great (league champs last year) and we have a golf tournament at the end of the season.

A good pro shop guys is VERY difficult to find. There are some OK guys around here but I drive 3 hours to get my stuff drilled from where I live.

^^^ The parallels to golf are astounding. ha!

• Like 1

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.