Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Feherty

hckymeyer

Not sure if anyone else watches Feherty, but I enjoy his show. I'm finally getting around to watching the two night live shows and I'm amazed at the audience. It's completely made up of white 40+ year olds. I've never seen so many white haired and balding heads in a live audience.

Just thought it was a pretty good representation of the problems golf is facing right now. This show is taking place in the same city and at the same time as both the Super Bowl and the Waste Management which is the most youthfully attended tourney of the year and I doubt there is anyone under 35 at the show.

Didn't really have a point here, just thought it was kind of funny when they panned the audience with the camera.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Not surprised. It might have something to do with the $100+ ticket prices. When my wife and I were at the Humana a few years ago, he had a live show but we decided to play golf a couple of times instead of going.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's completely made up of white 40+ year olds. I've never seen so many white haired and balding heads in a live audience.

Hmmm, when I read that, I thought how great it was that you younger guys were getting into the game  :blink:  :blink:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That's interesting, I don't watch the show often but enjoy it when I do. My wife and daughter both enjoy him so I'm surprised at the audience make up.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not surprised. It might have something to do with the $100+ ticket prices. When my wife and I were at the Humana a few years ago, he had a live show but we decided to play golf a couple of times instead of going.

I'd venture a guess to say that the ticket prices have a lot to do with it. If I had my choice to watch it on TV for free and spend my $100 on equipment or something else I'd probably pick that.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I like him in limited doses. Little too much Feherty with all the commercials and things. He comes off as forced the more you see/listen. But I love his one-liners during tournament coverage.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Love Feherty. One of the best golf stories I have ever heard was about his caddy long before David got sober. They were playing in Scotland and had to take a train from the hotel to the course each day. After a late night in the bar David got the train and his caddy was late and a bit under the weather. His caddie hurried to the next train but there was a problem.....he decided to gamble and lost thus requiring a new pair of pants. He quickly thought and decided at the next train stop he would jump out and grab a pair of rain pants (think cheap rain poncho material) from the sundry stand. Train stops and mission accomplished. Gets back on the train takes his pants off and throws them out the window of the train, goes to open his new pants and realizes the he bought a jacket by mistake. In true caddy fashion he puts a leg through each of the arm holes, zips up the jacket and heads to the range to meet with his ticked of player. It was such a site that Feherty did not say a word and they went to the first tee and played the round.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

I love "Feherty" the show.  The interviews are good, and the subjects usually are those you might not see in a normal interview format.  (Dean Beamon, Jack Welch, etc)  The live shows seem contrived and forced, especially a lot of the interview stuff.  I imagine there are a lot of outtakes and retakes during a normal filming.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I like Feherty.  I enjoy his dry sense of humor.  They released a video the other day of him heckling amateur golfers on the tee box at the course in California and it was great.  Im not sure that Id pay $100+ to see him live though.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Archived