TESTERS WANTED! ×

Aerotech users: your wedge shaft of choice and weight?

mr_divots

I'm really happy to report my order is in for Srixon Z745's and I'm going with Steelfiber 110 stiff. I still like a fair amount of weight for feedback, but have enjoyed going a little lighter with shafts like PXi's in the last couple seasons.

I'm still playing S400's in my wedges, which I like, and know the distances and trajectories, but I'm not a real high spin player and usually "hop and stop" is about the extent of my wedge spin. Not bad, but I do wonder if the S400 doesn't mitigate spin too much for me.

For those who also game or have gamed Aerotechs:

which wedge shaft did you go with? Same model and weight? Heavier?

Different shaft altogether?

Right now, I'm leaning toward the 110's in the wedges as well. 125 I wonder if it too wouldn't be akin to the S400, if not less spin. Guess I'd appreciate any feedback on the 125 from those who have hit them.

Thank you!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I play the same model in my wedges that I do my irons (all the same length as the 9 iron), the i110. Vs the CFS and s300 I noticed lower ball flight with the same amount of spin.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I have the AT i80 in all my irons. My clubs were all MOI matched. I love how consistent my clubs feel.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Sorry you're such a beast My Divot. Can't help you here although I do have a set of 80s kicking around and I love those things. They are currently in my back up irons.

Like you I like heavier in my wedges and have KBS wedge shafts. But those are 110s I believe.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sorry you're such a beast My Divot. Can't help you here although I do have a set of 80s kicking around and I love those things. They are currently in my back up irons.

Like you I like heavier in my wedges and have KBS wedge shafts. But those are 110s I believe.

Hardly. Will be 40 in May and feeling mother time. There was a time I had a set of 110's in X flex. Even back then, those were stout mothers!

My main thing with wedges is times when brute force is needed and more shaft weight helps mash through rough, etc. which the S400 does well. But I like the idea of lightening up a touch for less strain on my body with less static weight. I fared pretty well with some PXi's in a set of Cobra Tour Trustys last season, which are 110 or 112g.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Archived