TESTERS WANTED! ×

I HATE WINTER

JBones

Our round was delayed and it did not get as warm as forecast, high 40's.  It was Sunday and the wind wasn't terrible so overall it wasn't too bad.  That colder weather made a 10 MPH wind two clubs when you were hitting into it though.

It's supposed to be 80 here on Sunday.  Florida is open guys, we'd love to have you come.

I vacation in the Tampa/Clearwater area a few times a year. Now that i'm on here I'm going to hunt down a few of you Florida guys to play with.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do,! Generally speaking the only way I play from December to Easter is when someone is in from out of town. The more people are here the more I play.

If you are here outside of that window particularly in the summer, I might even play well.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I would tee of at 39 right about now, it's -5 here.  We are experiencing record cold in southern IN.  Last year I was playing golf in short sleeves by this time.

Same as me in DC this is getting ridiculous.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

California has a lot of problems, weather isn't one of them. Cold spell right now, only 56* today with a chance of showers today and tomorrow...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Pennsylvania weather will be rough for at least another week. Got to hit some balls at Dick's today, best 30 minutes of golf in the past month haha...so sad.

• TM M1 430 w/ Speeder 757 X

TM Jetspeed w/ Fuji X 13.5*

TM UDI w/ Recoil 120 F4 21*

TM 2011 TP MBs 4-pw X100ti

TM EF Spin 52*/ATV

TM EF Spin 58*/ATV

TM Ghost Tour Black Monte Carlo

Pro V1

According to our thermometer, the "high" yesterday was -4ºF with -25 to -30 wind chills all day.

This has been a brutal cold plunge for this late into Feb. Thank goodness we don't have much snowpack this year of it would be even colder (like last year, uggh!)

Really starting to wonder how our courses will come through this year....

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Yesterday was a bit strange here. It snowed all day and into the night. It was 5° when I got up and never went up. It was 0 when I went to bed. The snow was heavy enough, you couldn't see out across the valley to the next ridge. But it was that very fine snow you get when it's really cold. Started the day with about 3" and only had about 5" total this morning. Hard to believe nonstop snow for about 18 hours would only add up to 1-1/2 or 2. We got 3" in less than 3 hours the day before. BUT, at least it's not 3 feet!

Really feeling sorry for you guys in the deep freeze.  Another sunny day today but will only get up to 50.  

HOWEVER, this year we have had very little snowfall in the mountains where we need it.  The ski resorts are really doing poor.  But unless we get a lot of snow in the next month, we will be short of water for irrigation in the late summer.  The farmers have priority so my lawn and some golf courses may look brown in Aug-Sep when the temps reach low 100's.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 degrees and wind. Bundled up and took the dog out for a walk today. Not bad, but we didn't go too far. Felt good to get back inside.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I've been trying to stay out of this thread because I don't want to be a jerk... but it dipped below 65 last night HERE IN HAWAII, so I feel like I can join the conversation now... ;)

That's Jacket weather back home

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I've been trying to stay out of this thread because I don't want to be a jerk... but it dipped below 65 last night HERE IN HAWAII, so I feel like I can join the conversation now... ;)

Haha! Must be tough! Bundle up! You'll get through it.

That's Jacket weather back home

It's 27 degrees here today.

Jacket weather for Sunny South Dakota.  I usually don't wear my winter coat until it's sub-zero!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

This last page and a half has literally had me laughing out loud. Great stuff. 

It got up to 36* here yesterday and 4-5" of snow on Saturday.  I was sitting outside in a long sleeve shirt and golf pants just willing the snow to melt.  First day it felt "warm" in about 2 months.

...and its back to 13* now (real feel 3*) with a low of -4* (real feel -20*) AWESOME!!!

TM EF Spin 52*/ATV

TM EF Spin 58*/ATV

Pro V1

I'm going hunting tomorrow since it looks like there's no hope for range time in the next week. But, it did get up to 25* today so that's a start.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'm going hunting tomorrow since it looks like there's no hope for range time in the next week. But, it did get up to 25* today so that's a start.

Nice, I didn't get out at all this year.  Got a new (to me) rifle and haven't even been out to shoot it yet.

TM EF Spin 52*/ATV

TM EF Spin 58*/ATV

Pro V1

I can imagine its tough to predict. My big contention of late has been reported temperatures. Granted, I have a hardware store thermometer outside, but the "official" temps reported at the "official" location across town are consistently 7-10 degrees warmer than anything I ever see. Global warming is easy to "prove" when they tack 10 degrees onto every temperature recorded.

Whatever that "European model" is, I wish they'd start using it if its indeed more accurate.

Sorry I missed this: 

But the Euro isn't any better per say then the GFS/NAM or American Models. They each have faults/biases... for instance the GFS tends to push storms too fast through the USA while the EURO would go so slow, the model would eventually try to make it warmer. 

As for the weather stations, the problem is a lot of them are in different areas than the rest of the surrounding area. For instance, Daytona Beach's was in the airport and was known to report fog 5-10 more days a year then the rest of the area would see based on where it was. Just some weather things you have to know if you do it for a profession.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

This whole week it's 70-80 degrees. Downside is winds are in the 10-20 range tomorrow, and I work the rest of the week.

Downside is that courses around here are charging 50 bucks for 18. And most are glorified goat tracks. 

While it's great to actually be able to play, I'd prefer not to be gouged for it.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

So I have been reading this thread over the past several days feeling sympathy for those who are afflicted. Last Saturday, I was roped into having a wonderful day with my wife. Clear blue skies and temperatures in the mid 70s.

On the weekends, I don't watch too much TV or news for that matter, choosing to zone out and relax. So as I relaxed Saturday night I mentioned to the wife that I was thinking about getting up and playing 36 holes Sunday morning. She just looked over and grinned and in her most placating voice told me that I was more than welcomed to.

I really didn't think anything of it. Right after she said that, she went and got an extra thick blanket to put on the bed. Being pregnant, her body temp jumps up and down, so I figured nothing to even think about.

Getting up at 7:00 the next morning, I quickly showered and began getting dressed as I turned on the TV for morning noise. I had just put my cup of coffee to my lips as the banner on the bottom of the TV caught my attention:"ARCTIC BLAST"

The day before, 76 for the high. Sunday:38.

I too am now a hater or winter, or specifically damn Texas Winter!

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Woke up to high 70's in Miami this morning....downside is not time to play this trip.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

So I have been reading this thread over the past several days feeling sympathy for those who are afflicted. Last Saturday, I was roped into having a wonderful day with my wife. Clear blue skies and temperatures in the mid 70s.

On the weekends, I don't watch too much TV or news for that matter, choosing to zone out and relax. So as I relaxed Saturday night I mentioned to the wife that I was thinking about getting up and playing 36 holes Sunday morning. She just looked over and grinned and in her most placating voice told me that I was more than welcomed to.

I really didn't think anything of it. Right after she said that, she went and got an extra thick blanket to put on the bed. Being pregnant, her body temp jumps up and down, so I figured nothing to even think about.

Getting up at 7:00 the next morning, I quickly showered and began getting dressed as I turned on the TV for morning noise. I had just put my cup of coffee to my lips as the banner on the bottom of the TV caught my attention:"ARCTIC BLAST"

Your wife played that well. Is she normally a couple steps ahead of you? Haha!

Your wife played that well. Is she normally a couple steps ahead of you? Haha!

How did you know?

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

So what's wrong with 38?  I've played several times this year below that temp.   Half the country would kill for 38 and would be out playing if they could.    So the question I have to ask:  Did you play 36?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So what's wrong with 38?  I've played several times this year below that temp.   Half the country would kill for 38 and would be out playing if they could.    So the question I have to ask:  Did you play 36?

38* would be a darn heatwave on Long Island.  That is close to golf and surfing weather right now.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Archived