I HATE WINTER

Our Sponsors

Brutal on Long Island with single digit temps and some sort of frozen snow ice mix that hit over the weekend.  At least I get to travel to warm climates for work and just booked a trip to Miami and the Bahamas for next week to my wife's chagrin.  Only bad part was I told her it was all work related so there is no way to sneak my clubs out of the house to play while I am down there.

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I blame Obama. And those liberals. Oh and the republicans too.

I hope you shanked everyone of those

I got my Game Golf unit Friday, so naturally I'm really excited to use it.  Well, we are at the beginning of a snow storm that is supposed to drop 10-14" on us.  I know thats not a lot for you in the

Posted Images

I'm with ya. This whole winter thing is for the birds. The older I get the more I think about moving south to get away from this crap.

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

Here in Yuma, Az it's 80 all week with sunny skies. 

Sad part is March doesn't look much better for the East Coast. Looks like it could be more cold and snow.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I hope your wrong. I've been too afraid to look.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I heard the some New England town police department has issued an arrest warrant for Punxsutawney Phil for predicting 6 more weeks of winter.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Here in Yuma, Az it's 80 all week with sunny skies.

Sad part is March doesn't look much better for the East Coast. Looks like it could be more cold and snow.

Oh man, Yuma.... Tolerable now. Won't catch me anywhere near there in the summer! 80 in the winter equals 125 in the summer. You can keep it. Can't play in that weather anymore than snow.

I think I'd rather play in 40* weather in the fall/winter than over 100* in the summer. But I haven't played a round in a month due to snow so pick your poison. It's 13* and snowing here right now. My goal for retirement is to find the best year round golf climate in the country. If I had won the powerball the other day like I planned to I could open an indoor facility around here with simulators and launch monitors.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Oh man, Yuma.... Tolerable now. Won't catch me anywhere near there in the summer! 80 in the winter equals 125 in the summer. You can keep it. Can't play in that weather anymore than snow.

It's a dry heat. 100+ is OK in the desert. You prepare for it and get used to it. But I don't do well when it's 90+ and 80+% humidity. I'd rather play in 20* temp than that!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's a dry heat. 100+ is OK in the desert. You prepare for it and get used to it. But I don't do well when it's 90+ and 80+% humidity. I'd rather play in 20* temp than that!

Couldn't agree more. I can take heat. Its humidity that gets me...and I live in Ohio so its always 100% humidity.

Couldn't agree more. I can take heat. Its humidity that gets me...and I live in Ohio so its always 100% humidity.

Yes, I know. I have spent considerable time in Columbus and Chillicothe, as well as up on the lake near Catawba Island and Cedar Point. Actually, my company has its HQ in Columbus right next to OSU. I have friends that play golf at the country club in Chillicothe.

Yea high humidity is horrible. I grew up in New Mexico, and live in Colorado now, so I know about dry heat. But 100 or more is miserable hot humidity or not. The sun cooks you. And I bet 100 is a "cool" summer day in Yuma from what I've heard. Maybe I'm wrong though. Never lived there. It must be nice this time of year though.

It's fridgid here. Feels like -15*. I hate ohio so much. I had an opportunity to move to Florida about 5 years ago. Should have went. Though I wouldn't have met my wife but still lol. I have her convinced to move though.

Silly silly man. But, like you, I have mine convinced to move...in 5-6 years.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well, a balmy 7° this morning, down from 70 on Saturday. We'll start warming back up now. Only got about 4" of snow. No biggie.

In all honesty, for the most part I like getting some snow. A foot wouldn't have hurt my feelings. Haven't had much yet. But we get breaks where it warms up, snow melts, played golf with my son in a short sleeve shirt Saturday for twilight.

But this stuff New England and especially Boston is getting..... Yea I think that would be a bit much.

Just heard the news. Sounds like we're getting back in the storm track. This weekend and midweek next week. Hmmm, maybe we'll get some snow afterall. We actually need it or we'll be worried about forest fires this summer.

We only got a hair over 7" yesterday, but it's not going anywhere, going to be -15 tonight with a -30 wind chill.

Yea, that's cold. Funny here, we had 15-20 below here in mid-November. But it's been rather mild since then.

Yep low of -2 thursday night, but no school today.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Silly silly man. But, like you, I have mine convinced to move...in 5-6 years.

I interview today to work for the company she works for. They have offices in every state around the country. I'm gone haha

• Like 1

I heard the some New England town police department has issued an arrest warrant for Punxsutawney Phil for predicting 6 more weeks of winter.

I have a bounty on his furry little rear end.....fortunately for me all it takes for the boys in PA is a case of Iron City to get the job done.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"