Hi Everyone,

I am a Professional based in Holland and have a company called Burley Golf Development. My work involves developing Coaching, Fitting & Equipment and I am interested in feedback and keeping up to date with new developments within the world of putting. Glad to be involved and I look forward to some interesting discussions!

Stuart Burley

• Like 2

Welcome Stuart!  Glad to have you aboard.  You came to the right place; LOTS of putting discussion on this forum.  

I spent a week in Holland many years ago.  Loved the experience.

Welcome Stuart - will be interested to hear your take on fitting questions, equipment and - of course - how to play!  Glad you're with us!!!!

Welcome Stuart! I look forward to your input and glad you are here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have in my short time here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I moved to Holland from the UK 13 years ago but I get around a lot. I love the attitude to golf in the US and UK and I am constantly striving to make the Dutch a bit more golf savvy.

in the meantime you can check out my websites

www.burleygolfdevelopment.com

www.burtonputters.com

I wish that the Netherlands had more liberal immigration laws. 

I'd love to come, but last time in Amsterdam,  customs asked to see my ticket home along with my passport. (They still had paper tickets back then.)

A Mexican Dreamer would be more than happy to take my place here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I moved to Holland from the UK 13 years ago but I get around a lot. I love the attitude to golf in the US and UK and I am constantly striving to make the Dutch a bit more golf savvy.

in the meantime you can check out my websites

www.burleygolfdevelopment.com

www.burtonputters.com

Greetings Stuart from Texas.

I'd bet if you could get the Dutch to stop wearing wooden golf shoes that would help.  ;)

Welcome "gentleman mongoose" aka Stuart.  I hope that you find MGS full of ideas cocerning putting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tyler K

• By Golfspy_CG2
      It's been one of the most talked about training aids this year, and has popped up in use by golfers all over the world, including professional tours. But now you'll get to see real everyday golfers like yourself use the full Putt Out system. They'll use it indoors, they'll use it out doors, they'll use the whole system, they'll use parts of the system independently.  You can follow it all in this thread and best of all, you can get direct feedback from them on how it works for them, their likes, dislikes and most importantly see if it has improved their putting.

Direct access to their links are below.

@Kanoito                           Stage 1                      Stage 2
      @HardcoreLooper             Stage 1                       Stage 2
      @Peaksy68                        Stage 1                       Stage 2
      @tommc23                        Stage 1                        Stage 2
      @gaussman1                     Stage 1                        Stage 2                  
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      TESTERS ANNOUNCED!
      Let's congratulate these forum members:
      @Kanoito
      @HardcoreLooper
      @Peaksy68
      @tommc23
      @gaussman1
      Full announcement is found here.
      It begins with the Pressure Putt Trainer. A very simple looking plastic ramp with a hole  in it. Has to be easy right?  Well give it a go and let us know.  it in of itself would be enough practice for you. But PuttOUT has developed a full system, each of which could be used independently, but when combined make for very impressive and effective methods of practicing your putting. 
      It can be used indoors with the PuttOUT mat, it is also very effective on the actual putting green with any combination of the mirror, gate and Pressure Putt.      
      How To Apply
      This opportunity is open to any golfer who lives on the planet earth!  We are looking for five dedicated forum members who will use the system and report back their honest thoughts in a full thorough and comprehensive review.
      Please provide the following info in a separate post below...DO NOT QUOTE this post.
      First Name/State or Country
      Handicap
      Have you ever used a putting training device before 
      We'll be selecting the testers late next week, so be sure to check back to see if you've been selected.

• By Thin2win
      I've always liked that quote from Yogi Berra. It also is painfully evident to my golf game that I need to pay more attention to it. I've noticed over the years that  I tend to leave more putts short than I roll long. It is something that I haven't paid too much attention to, just aware that I should try to get putts to the hole more often.
      Watching golf for many many hours this weekend I decided to count how many putts the pro's left short... it turns out, that unless they are outside 25', they don't. They always get it to the hole, go figure.
      Checking my Shot Scope putting data... I manage to leave 72% !!! of my putts short. This has gone from minor thought in the back of my mind to 5 alarm fire that I need to address now. I have a new goal in golf, 0 putts per round left short. I have to trust that I can make the 4' come back putt.
      I don't know how many of you out there suffer from this same issue. But I challenge all of you to never leave a putt short. If you need to say it in a very marine sounding voice akin to never leaving a man behind, then please do. 
      Let me know if you can successfully pull this off. Apparently, I am only 14 putts/round from success....
    • By Mr. Shank Dawg
      Great forum, great community, and I am sure one of the knowledgeable members has come across this question before (or, can point me in the right direction).  I have used the search bar some to pin point this topic to some effect, but haven't come across the answer that satisfies my curiosity.  I already know and understand a dynamic fitting and static fitting work best for shaft fitting and it's hard to beat a good (and patient) fitter.  
      My question pertains to online iron shaft fitting/recommendations from most of the shaft manufacturers and/or online fitting services: How relevant is a question regarding iron distance (say, 6i carry) when your current 6i loft and the set you are interested in purchasing is different?  I could ,theoretically, hit my 6i 170 yards using a 26* loft but only hit my buddies 6i 155 yards using 29*...these are just relative numbers to express a questionable point... with all other variables being the same (relatively speaking) but loft.
      My interpretation of the line of questions for iron shaft recommendation is that it is generating results based on flight and dispersion preferences along with swing speed/power/carry distance.  However, if my current 6i is 26* and is allowing me to move the ball 170yds down the fairway, how good is the online fitting tool going to be if the new set I am interested in has a more traditional loft to it?  Am I totally off base in this line of thinking?  Are the manufacturers shaft recommendations useless? 
      Again, I apologize if this has already been discussed ad nauseam.  Happy golfing!
    • By cksurfdude
      Matt Saternus (used to be with MGS) of PluggedInGolf.com posted an interesting article...
      "Do wedge shafts matter?"
      https://pluggedingolf.com/do-wedge-shafts-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/
      He tested in a similar style to MGS using a variety of recreational players and identical wedge heads with different shafts, then swapping them among the players and having them hit different short game shots. Results are measured by Trackman at a Club Champion.
      The questions he was looking to "Confirm" or "Bust" include...
      Myth #1 – A wedge shaft can create more spin
      Myth #2 – A wedge shaft can change launch angle
      Myth #3 – A wedge shaft can improve accuracy
      Myth #4 – A wedge shaft can improve consistency
      Myth #5 – The same shaft will fit all your wedges
      Interesting and informative article .. worth a look!
      https://pluggedingolf.com/do-wedge-shafts-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!