TESTERS WANTED! ×

Clubs currently on your radar

Zeasy

My self imposed exile from club purchasing and swapping is now 2 months strong. Last year got out of hand (10 drivers, 4 fairways, 5 hybrids, countless shafts...). Now don't get me wrong, I'm a smart buyer and made some great purchases. When it was all said and done, I had more value in the bag and cash on hand than when it started. However, the feeling I was left with I imagine compares with an addict after a binge, dejection. I made the hard decision to get fitted and am happy with the results so far. So happy, that I can say I'm more comfortable with the current driver (fitted for it) than anything I have ever gamed. 

Now that the ho ways are out of the system (you can break a habit in 63 days, 14 hours, 3 minutes and 57 seconds, can't you?), I am seeing some issues with my hybrid and fairway. I won't breakdown and purchase immediately, but the two clubs are not great fits for my game. My 3 wood yields some truly awful results and my hybrid exists in this weird stage where it is too short to find a green on a 5 par and too long to use on long 3 par's. This has me contemplating the retirement of a 3 wood and a reshuffling of the top end of the bag. 

Clubs currently on my radar:

16* and 18-20* hybrids, especially the Callaway XR Pro Hybrids (love that LZ shaft)

Why? I've crunched the numbers and am giving up a lot of strokes on 5 pars. Not the super long ones, where I have to lay up to a comfortable distance and get up and down from 80-100, the ones that I am sitting 220 - 240 out on that have huge greens just begging to give up Eagles. There are 5 pars where lay ups work and there are 5 pars with loose morals that can help you score quick and turn a round around. Hybrid tech has really come a long way since the Snake Eyes Quick Strike became my go to club in the late 90's. Sure, they are still great get out of trouble clubs, but now they're also beasts in the low loft versions with the length of a wood and accuracy of an iron.

So what clubs are currently on your radar and why?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I'm thinking of selling my XCG7 and getting the beta one instead. I'm looking at replacing my wedges and putter also. Wedges, well, everyone seems to like Scor. I'm not 100% sold on them. I actually tried the nack daddy 2 the other day and was impressed. For my putter, I want the softest, milled putter and I find without paying the Scotty Cameron boutique prices. I'm not looking at the big names either, will consider anything resonably priced with an excellent milling, anser style for sure and 340-350g head. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I filled the gap that I had, by reshafting my Nickent 7dt 17* and cutting it to actual 2i length.  I also closed the gap a little by going to graphite iron shafts and picking up 4-5 mph of ball speed with all my irons.  I already purchased a Ping Ketsch, which is absolute money.....smoothest rolling putter I've ever hit.  I'm really happy with everything in my bag, but I feel like I may be leaving a little distance and accuracy on the table with the 430 SLDR.  So, the below drivers are on my hit list.

Nike Vapor Pro and Flex

Titleist 915. I didn't have good results with the Titleist 915 10.5* with Rogue shaft, but I saw a 7.5* with Diamana White 73X at the store the other day that was almost begging for me to hit it.

Cobra Fly-Z +

Callaway XR

Boy - you're really trying to resurrect my inner club ho, aren't you?

Well, the Wilson lineup is definitely on my radar -- V4 irons are awesome, and I've really liked hitting the D200 driver, hybrid and especially FW wood during demos.

Really want to find out more about the Hogan offering -- just a sweet feeling iron.  Bridgestone and Srixon irons are also on the radar.

And the Cally Alpha DBD is high on my list, too -- have LOVED hitting it at GolfSmith. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It's two putters for me; the Ping Cadence Tomcat (heavy) and the Wilson Infinite Southside.

I very much like centre shafted putters and these two look the business to me, finding a shop that stocks both to have a side by side trial may prove tricky though.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Boy - you're really trying to resurrect my inner club ho, aren't you?

Well, the Wilson lineup is definitely on my radar -- V4 irons are awesome, and I've really liked hitting the D200 driver, hybrid and especially FW wood during demos.

Really want to find out more about the Hogan offering -- just a sweet feeling iron.  Bridgestone and Srixon irons are also on the radar.

And the Cally Alpha DBD is high on my list, too -- have LOVED hitting it at GolfSmith. 

Almost bought a DBD. It finished in a close second (very close) to my gamer. Huge improvement over the '14 Alpha. 

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Almost bought a DBD. It finished in a close second (very close) to my gamer. Huge improvement over the '14 Alpha. 

Agreed - like night and day for me. Original Alpha didn't do a whole heck of a lot for me - but I'm liking everything about this one.  At least indoors....

And for the price - don't ignore the D-200. The stock shaft is way to light but with the right one it can do some damage.  

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Iron shaft swap-out is the big thing for me. Wasn't real pleased with my iron play to end the season. Felt like I was fighting the shafts. Aerotechs are in order for two sets, and may try some Recoil protos. That will be the biggest change in equip for me for a long time. 

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Agreed - like night and day for me. Original Alpha didn't do a whole heck of a lot for me - but I'm liking everything about this one. At least indoors....

And for the price - don't ignore the D-200. The stock shaft is way to light but with the right one it can do some damage.

I'm too young to see wilson has a legit equipment company. It will be a long time for my perception to change.

I'm too young to see wilson has a legit equipment company. It will be a long time for my perception to change.

As Crash Davis sorta once said, "Don't think, Meat. Just swing..."

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It's two putters for me; the Ping Cadence Tomcat (heavy) and the Wilson Infinite Southside.

I very much like centre shafted putters and these two look the business to me, finding a shop that stocks both to have a side by side trial may prove tricky though.

Wilson South Side was a top choice for some of us during our testing in Portugal. Bettinardi, Scotty and Wilson - that's my top 3. Only negative about Wilson is that they always try their best to make their putters look cheap. Too many lines on the South Side, Use something to get rid of some of them. 

I don't have any real club wants on the horizon, however, I am looking to replace the MP-68's, I don't have a lot of money to do so, so I am looking at used, I would really like to stay with mizuno, however, their lack of love for lefties in the JPX 800, and JPX825. in a pro model, have me looking elsewhere, a friend plays the TM rocketbladez tour and loves them, I can get those for a good price in LH. I don't know enough about other brands to know whether or not their tour or pro models are any good, since I cant go to the store and see any of these in LH models.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Prob for me it'll be a straight swap of wedges and then possibly looking at replacing my driver or 3 wood. 

Just bought a 4 irons so that should hold me off.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I am looking at new irons. My MP 68s have had a lot of use!!! Thinking about the Mizuno JPX 850 forged and also looking at Nike's new Vapor line. 

Upgraded 3W to the new 915 Fd and also changing my hybrid to the 915 Hd. 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.0*/Accra Tour Zx475 75 x stiff
Fairway: Titleist TSi2 13.5*/Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 85 x stiff
Hybrid/ Driving Iron: Titleist U505 3 iron 20*/ Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff
Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 4-PW/ KBS C Taper stiff hard stepped once
Wedges: Vokey SM9 50*F/ KBS C Taper x stiff
Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200
Wedges: Vokey Hand Ground 58*T/ TT DG Tour s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"
Ball: Titleist Pro Pro V1

For those looking at wedges, don't overlook Cobra. They beat the Scor wedges out of my bag, mainly due to forgiveness and aggressive sole design for the thick Bermuda rough.

I'd love to hit the Ben Hogan irons, but that doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future...especially since I'm a lefty.

Nothing on the driver front as there really hasn't been any sort of innovation for 2015. I'll probably swing a G30 LS Tec on some hyped launch monitor, see the added 7 yards over my TE XGC7, seriously ponder an over priced exotic shaft only to walk away realizing 7 yards for $500+ ain't worth it.

I'd like to find a 2/3 iron hybrid/thick sole iron for off the tee and fairway. The Adams DHY is failing miserably after being deadly at Top Golf.

....and I'm sure I'll buy some putters that I don't need...like right now as I wait impatiently for my B60 to finish up at LabWorx.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I'm looking for a couple of clubs to help the top end of the bag. May go the 3w 5w route if the hybrid doesn't workout. May even do it anyway to have options. I'd like to get a 3 iron, the RSI TP is the one I'm looking at since it will match my MCs pretty well. Other than that I'm pretty much set.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Think I'm finally happy with my bag! New driver, hybrid, and putter this year. Hope the Paderson driver shaft works out for me. Just have to get get everything dialed in.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

For those looking at wedges, don't overlook Cobra. They beat the Scor wedges out of my bag, mainly due to forgiveness and aggressive sole design for the thick Bermuda rough.

I'd love to hit the Ben Hogan irons, but that doesn't seem likely to happen in the near future...especially since I'm a lefty.

Nothing on the driver front as there really hasn't been any sort of innovation for 2015. I'll probably swing a G30 LS Tec on some hyped launch monitor, see the added 7 yards over my TE XGC7, seriously ponder an over priced exotic shaft only to walk away realizing 7 yards for $500+ ain't worth it.

I'd like to find a 2/3 iron hybrid/thick sole iron for off the tee and fairway. The Adams DHY is failing miserably after being deadly at Top Golf.

....and I'm sure I'll buy some putters that I don't need...like right now as I wait impatiently for my B60 to finish up at LabWorx.

Didn't know it was possible to hit a driver better than you hit the XGC7.

I tend to look for clubs on the downslope of their product cycle = cheaper than at launch :D. Believe it or not, a Jetspeed hybrid (close out?) I hit a couple of times impressed. I must be getting old lol.

Others tend to be old classics that just can't be passed up - A Becu Ping Anser 2 currently heads that list.

Wilson South Side was a top choice for some of us during our testing in Portugal. Bettinardi, Scotty and Wilson - that's my top 3. Only negative about Wilson is that they always try their best to make their putters look cheap. Too many lines on the South Side, Use something to get rid of some of them.

Thing is Furu, they are cheap aren't they? £69 I think, so about $99 (probably a bit less in euros).

If you've got one hanging around and the lines are annoying you, happy to remove it from your sight!

Seriously though, how good is it that a relatively cheap putter can hold its own, looking forward to seeing how it fairs in the 2015 putter test.

I might also have said I wanted a Ketsch again, but every time i do Ping discontinue it.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I will check out the hogans but don't see laying out the cash unless I go with a 56, bend the 53 to 52 and then make some adjusts to reduce the clubs in the middle of my bag. I don't see that happening though, I'm very good in the 80-129 range and I'm certainly good enough to fit a ball into an area that big if I'm aiming for it.

The one purchase I'm sure to make is 5 hybrid. If I like the x2 Hot enough I will find a used 5 out there somewhere.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great thread Zeasy.......

Last year I tested the Cobra Bio Cell irons w/steel shafts(Dynalite 85s) and really liked them. That said I found a short set of Mizuno JPX 800 Pros (6 - PW)with my Fav shaft, the Project X 5.0 graphite. So I am now experimenting to see if I need to return to graphite (age 64). The Mizzies left me short for the long irons, so I picked up a JPX 800 5 hybrid(25*) for the 152 - 162 distance, then put my Powerbilt 4 hybrid in for 162 - 172 yds. That said, my Cobra Bio Cell 5 wood covers the 170 - 180 yd distance.

As I won a Powerbilt a DFX with Adila RIP Beta, I am experimenting with it versus my Cobragolf Bio Cell. The DFX is longer but the Bio Cell is more accurate.

Currently, I am watching for a Ping Ketsch(33").

With all that said, there really isn't much on the market that I am interested in. I love the Hogans, but don't think I am game enough to handle them right now.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hit a boat load of clubs last night at Golfer's Warehouse in Rhode Island -- Cally BBADBD is still the beast, but took another whack with last year's Cobra Bio Cell+ driver -- mercy, how did I miss that one?  

Also hit all 3 of the Ping G-30's - not as exciting.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Really eyeing up the new callaway XR lineup and big berthas. Reshafting or replacing my wedges in probably should be at top of the list but the pull of a shiny new driver may throw a wrench in those plans. 

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Looking to replace my ancient Hybrid. The Adams Red is high on my list to hit.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

This year is hybrid year. I currently play Titleist 910's and I love them. Unfortunately they are the wrong lofts and I have a large 20 yard gap between my 5 iron and my first hybrid. My 17 degree hybrid also is too much club and I don't need it either.

I am going to get fitted for new ones, I will try the new Titleist's as I really like the 910's, but I'm open to any other brand so it should be a lot of fun!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Didn't know it was possible to hit a driver better than you hit the XGC7.

I missed a fairway with it last week...it's obviously broken.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

The one thing really tempting me right now is a set of Srixon Z-545's.  I don't want to buy them online and won't purchase until I can swing them again and see if I get the same feeling I got at the PGA Merchandise Show.

No place around here has any in stock, so at this point I'm trying to justify a trip to 2nd Swing Golf for a fitting.  I would already have made the trip if my furnace didn't need replacing a few weeks ago... :(

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

The one thing really tempting me right now is a set of Srixon Z-545's.  I don't want to buy them online and won't purchase until I can swing them again and see if I get the same feeling I got at the PGA Merchandise Show.

No place around here has any in stock, so at this point I'm trying to justify a trip to 2nd Swing Golf for a fitting.  I would already have made the trip if my furnace didn't need replacing a few weeks ago... :(

Love the 545's and 745's.  It would be cool if you could build a COMBO set between the two....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Going for a driver, wood, hybrid fitting March 8th. Will be hitting Tour Edge and the Mizuno JPX 850 line which I'm excited about. Also still eyeing the Mizuno JPX Fli Hi hybrids that I was able to hit at my iron fitting. I like the idea of them having the same shaft as my irons and able to be bent. Interested to see how they compare to my current gamers that were off the rack/eBay.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Archived