TESTERS WANTED! ×

Clubs currently on your radar

Zeasy

Already got my irons fitted this year, just some tweaks to lie and swing weight though, no new clubs.  Got Scor wedges at the end of last year so interested to see how those will perform in nice weather.  They were also tweaked as part of my fitting.  I was fitted for a putter this winter too, but again ended up tweaking one I already had.  Re-did the upper end of my bag last year and I'm happy with the way that worked out.  I'm still swinging the SLDR beautifully and I'll also test out the Paderson shaft in that.  So nothing was on my radar.

Then I went with to my brother in laws driver fitting and watched him go through 7 or 8 heads and 10-15 shafts before getting the right combo with a G30.  Now it's on my radar to hit, especially the LST version.  I have no interest in dropping $300-$400 on a driver this year though.  

This is a bad time of year to ask what's on the radar though.  We are over the hump of winter and the season is getting closer and closer.  It's the time of year that you forget about how much you like your current clubs and start looking at all the shiny new things that were covered during the PGA show.  Once I get swinging again and remember how much I like my current clubs it will be easier to keep things off the radar.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The new XR pro hybrid is legit. Watched a friend outdrive a guy with an 18* (vs the guy's driver). 260 total. Nice club. Definitley feels different than the X2

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Love the 545's and 745's.  It would be cool if you could build a COMBO set between the two....

That appears to be possible at 2nd Swing, since you can customize orders by selected clubs.

If I do a fitting there, I'd be sure which clubs from each set would work the best for me.

I'm getting to the point where I'd like to just get my complete setup evaluated and built as a "forever set," that may get "tweaked" as I get older (shaft, loft, lie adjustments) but stays in the bag unless I break something.

The only place within a reasonable driving distance that jas the most complete package of experienced fitters, club selection and testing equipment is 2nd Swing.

The most experienced fitter locally is currently having some health issues and has a limited selection of club/shaft options compared to 2nd Swing, so I'm planning to go to 2nd Swing when I finally "pull the trigger" for my next set.

Who knows, maybe once they've evaluated my current setup, I'll just go with some tweaks with it ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Love the 545's and 745's.  It would be cool if you could build a COMBO set between the two....

Word from my Srixon contact is they are available for custom combo orders. He sends out all their press releases, so he should know.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

• 3 weeks later...

Ping G30 is now added to the list

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Lots of guys are taking a good look at this one, it's seems for the higher capper, this club gives a bit more distance, and an incredible amount of accuracy, there is a guy on our Saturday group that picked one up at the end of last year, and his driving stats have dramatically improved

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Currently on the radar is rocketbladez tour irons, hit some today and I like them, I will be doing some switching around the bag in the next 2 weeks

Change in radar, rocketbladez tourare out, they suck for me. I have redone my list , I have ordered 5,6,7 iron XR pro, using them as 4,5,6.

Kee

Change in radar, rocketbladez tourare out, they suck for me. I have redone my list , I have ordered 5,6,7 iron XR pro, using them as 4,5,6.

Kee

Don't know what happened there. Keeping the 7,8,9,pw from the 68's in the bag, and now currently looking for new wedges, either edel, titleist, or cobra, I am leaning toward edel customizing, since I only am looking to get a 50, and 54. A totally new bag, same old guy swinging them.

I'm looking into new irons either the FlyZ+, Fly Z Pro, Srixon z745, Mizuno MP15 or 588 combos

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Word from my Srixon contact is they are available for custom combo orders. He sends out all their press releases, so he should know.

Ordered the Combo set with DG Pro's.  Srixon told my pro, 3-4 weeks ????

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'm looking into new irons either the FlyZ+, Fly Z Pro, Srixon z745, Mizuno MP15 or 588 combos

Absolutely love the 588 irons - the CB's were among the nicest feeling irons I tried last year and are currently a bargain on the 'Bay....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Ordered the Combo set with DG Pro's.  Srixon told my pro, 3-4 weeks ????

Awesome! I was told they're on backorder a couple weeks ago when my order went in. I didn't think anything of it, as I didn't expect to be playing until early April, but we're having nice weather and courses are starting to stir already.

Now I want to know when they'll get here! ha!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Absolutely love the 588 irons - the CB's were among the nicest feeling irons I tried last year and are currently a bargain on the 'Bay....

Yeah I have my eye on a set of new combos for $409

Snell MTB-X

Yeah I have my eye on a set of new combos for $409

Have you seen these in person? I was surprised as to their dimensions. Rather long heel to toe and a very high blade height as well. I kinda felt like I was swinging a kitchen door on a stick. The MB's were larger than I was expecting as well. None of the shops around me carried them and I took a flyer on a combo set. I really wanted to like them but didn't care for them. Too big, and they were quite heavy. Just another experience to offer. Of the ones you listed, these would probably be dead last on my demo list.

"Glute Activator"

Does the Aeroburner driver need to be on my list?

DJ...JB.....seeing more action than R15 it seems.

Funny....DJ's 3W is the R15 and not the Aeroburner.

"Glute Activator"

Have you seen these in person? I was surprised as to their dimensions. Rather long heel to toe and a very high blade height as well. I kinda felt like I was swinging a kitchen door on a stick. The MB's were larger than I was expecting as well. None of the shops around me carried them and I took a flyer on a combo set. I really wanted to like them but didn't care for them. Too big, and they were quite heavy. Just another experience to offer. Of the ones you listed, these would probably be dead last on my demo list.

I got them briefly a few weeks ago. They felt decent I didn't mind the looks of them. They did feel a little firmer then I like usually. I am having a hard time getting rid of my 712 combo set.

Snell MTB-X

This is slowly gaining traction on my list as well.  9 degree SLDR will be here tomorrow, but the LST version of the G30 has me very intrigued.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I retooled my entire bag in 2014 with the exception of my ancient but tried and true Maxfli Goliath 3 wood. I can't seem to get rid of it. Definitely my go to when the going gets rough. Just bought a couple dozen Duo Spins so I'm ready to go. All of my newer gear I bought on the bay and as you can see in my signature it's not all from 2014 but it was all new "old stock" with just shop wear. The C100s I custom ordered from Wilson Staff. And I just got a brand new "2011" Cleveland SL Launcher 290 with a Miyazaki stiff flex shaft......I love this driver man.

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

The 12* SL 290 is a freaking monster. Way better than the K15 and I love both drivers.

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

Waiting, I ordered clubs a week ago with 3-5 days shopping time, I hate waiting, it's driving me crazy. If thats not bad enough, I get to wait again, because I will be purchasing new wedges tomorrow, do I mention I don't like waiting

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the BB 815's 2 & 4. They had a lower spin rate then the XR pro's for me which make them excellent off the tee (Im not saying XR's arent good here, just saying I got better numbers myself with a different club). Wasn't looking for anything to score with here, just pure distance and the 815's gave me that. Also, if you hurry, Callaway has a free upgrade (no upcharge) on any shaft you put in your custom fitted clubs :) thats what I did. Even got me a set of apex pro's on this promo. I think it runs until April 4th. 

Archived