TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Logix or The Grint

I have both of these apps and I find pros and cons with both apps. I was just wondering what do you guys use and/or recommend. Also which one has the better GPS. I found that The Grint is more friendly to a player who plays a 9 hole course more often. Before I spend the money for the full version, I would like to hear your opinions

As always, thanks in advice.

What's in the Bag

Bag- Sun Mountian 

Driver - Callaway Rouge 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Fairway wood - Ping G15 3 wood

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 19* 
Irons - Callaway XR 5-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588-RTX 52* 56* 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 - SuperStroke Wrist lock Grip

Honestly, I use the Grint to post my scores and keep a handicap, but I use Golfpad as my GPS and scorekeeper. $19.95 for the full version, one off fee. As a plus, they've just added tags for your clubs for $99.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've been using the golflogix for shot tracking and have found it to be off by quite a bit sometimes. Probably something to do with the satellites, but it is annoying.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I've kinda given up on GPS apps -- battery drains too fast and have simply found them too much of a pain.  Will use GameBook for scorekeeping and have used the Grint to log scores, but have slacked off on that and just enter scores into my GHIN account.  Laser works fine for me, although the downside is flying mostly blind on courses I've never played before.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

For years I used the the GolfLogix GPS hand held unit till it crapped out a year ago. I liked it for simple Front, Middle, Back numbers. I now use a SkyCaddie SGX. I still get my standard F,M,B numbers easily. As with the GolfLogix; Skycaddie also provides the shot distance feature and I use it all the time. It will also do a lot of other things that I don't use. As for recording and tracking my stats I've switched over this year to using what GHIN provides. I've tinkered around a bit with Grint but didn't like it much. I've tried a few phone apps on the course but they all seem clumsy and distracting to me. One of the most important numbers I get from any GPS device is the Front of Green number. I may this season purchase a laser range finder. Haven't decided yet.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 2 months later...

I have golfLogix on the iPhone, and it's accurate to within a yard of any GPS. I just want a decent laser rangefinder. Anyone have recommendations?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I like Swing By Swing for the phone. Doesn't seem to have the battery drain.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

I have golfLogix on the iPhone, and it's accurate to within a yard of any GPS. I just want a decent laser rangefinder. Anyone have recommendations?

Bushnell Tour V2 or Z6

Leopold GX-3 or 3i

Leupold's customer service is top notch and their stuff is awesome. I'd go with them every time!

I'm like HighFade. I want/need a good laser RF. I have an old Bushnell that's probably 6 years old. It was a cheap model then and isn't all that accurate quite frankly. I use it sometimes when I practice. I've thought about the newer Bushnell's that also offer Slope but they charge another $100? for that feature. Yes, I know slope isn't allowed in a tournament and I certainly wouldn't use such. I'm just not sure if the slope feature would be worth it.  Same for the Jolt feature. I just need to hit pins and other targets on the course. I guess what I'm getting at is do you need to spend $300-$500 to have a good quality range finder? I've seen some brands/models for under $200. Anyone have experience with the cheaper models vs high end?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I went with the Bushnell Tour V3 Patriot Pack last year. Came with a case as well as a rubber protector for the rangerfinder. Doesn't have slope. Really happy with it and would recommend it to anyone.

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-BN201460P-Tour-Patriot-Rangefinder/dp/B00IEKQ1Z6

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'm like HighFade. I want/need a good laser RF. I have an old Bushnell that's probably 6 years old. It was a cheap model then and isn't all that accurate quite frankly. I use it sometimes when I practice. I've thought about the newer Bushnell's that also offer Slope but they charge another $100? for that feature. Yes, I know slope isn't allowed in a tournament and I certainly wouldn't use such. I'm just not sure if the slope feature would be worth it. Same for the Jolt feature. I just need to hit pins and other targets on the course. I guess what I'm getting at is do you need to spend $300-$500 to have a good quality range finder? I've seen some brands/models for under $200. Anyone have experience with the cheaper models vs high end?

If you don't mind used, there are good deals to be had.

I found a bushnell pro 1m with slope for $180 used. I've had it for a few months now and I absolutely love it..

I have a V2 slope I got on eBay after mine was stolen. The slope is great if you play a lot of different courses or are like me and find new places to hit from. I used a guys rangefinder the other day when you had to stand on a steep hill to try to hit the pin. The jolt was great to know exactly when it nailed the pin.

I'd say try to find a deal on the internets yardsale. Once in awhile there's a great deal that no one else can or will catch and you get it for cheap if you're patient. I got my ES12 that way, watched the auctions and sniped one when it went cheap

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 2 weeks later...

I use golf pad. Seems pretty accurate. Best thing is that tracking shots is easy. Even has nfc tags available like game golf. After a round you can see your club accuracy off the tee and approach shots, all in the app. I prefer the fact that the pic that comes up when you look at the map is an actual photo of the course you are playing not a drawing. The newest version will suggest clubs based on recorded distances and will show on the map what club you need to reach what bunker/ part of the fairway/ green

that said I also use a rangefinder as well. I don't map all of my shots sometimes just want yardage. I got the leupold GX-3i2. Its red display is great. I prefer to see the box when it locks onto the flag and the sound it makes indicating it locked. Fog mode works great too. There is a slight blue hue to the lens but I don't mind it. In fact it helps avoid flooding with light when it is bright out like the v2 I had.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I have a Bushnell slope version of the V2. Its about to crap out on me but its been super accurate. Dicks currently has the nikon coolshots on sale that I may buy but they also have a leopold on sale as well. I have heard good things about both models and I really don't want to drop another 280 on a rangefinder.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• 4 weeks later...

I have used Golfshot Pro in the past. It has been my favorite app for my phone. I don't use it for the gps anymore but it it a pretty useful app for the price. I will log my scores into just to have something to track my scores. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Used GolfLogix for a long time. Tried the Grint for 2 rounds. Ended up with GameGolf free app. Loved it. had more features for free than others. Now use the GameGolf tags and sensor and love it. Found a SkyCaddie 2.5 for 20 bucks. works great. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

• 8 months later...

New to this site, but I've used Golf Logix for years, was thinking of getting a Garmin. I do like the golf logix app to keep the stats I want and I feel yardage is no different than my buddies GPS, think I just have the itch for something new

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I love using The Grint. I use it sometimes for my stats but I really like it for the Handicap feature. They assign you a "digital club" Which is approved by the USGA as an official club. So that makes your handicap legit. You can even get a handicap card printed up for you. It really is a great app

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

I love using The Grint. I use it sometimes for my stats but I really like it for the Handicap feature. They assign you a "digital club" Which is approved by the USGA as an official club. So that makes your handicap legit. You can even get a handicap card printed up for you. It really is a great app

Do they ask you who you played with, so you can show that you did not play alone?  USGA new rule this year.   :huh:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have both GolfLogix, The Grint, nRange, Hole19 & Golfshot......and do not use any as they drain my battery.  Since I got my iWatch, I have tried a couple apps, mostly Hole19 just to see how they work.  What i found is for it to be accurate, you MUST have your iphone in your pocket, not in the cart as the GPS is to the phone.....:(

I'll keep using my Garmin G6....I keep it on my belt and it does not get in the way.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The Grint does have a note under the scorecard entry now that says:

Note: Rounds played alone should be marked as practice

But it's not enforced, for what it's worth.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The Grint does have a note under the scorecard entry now that says:

But it's not enforced, for what it's worth.

ROFLMAO!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I use skycaddie mobile when not in my regular game and then we use GameBook for scoring (no gps). Also use SkyDroid and really like it.

As for which has the best GPS. I think most of that depends on your phones own GPS. If it's a good one then you'll get better numbers.

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an fyi for anyone looking to use GameBook. It is going to be strictly for iPhone folks for awhile. The android app is being turned off. They sent out an email to explain the decision and I get it. Hopefully when the new Droid version comes out it'll be really good. Till then I guess go old school and use a scorecard and pencil lol

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• 1 month later...

I use golf logix and haven't had any issue with the app. Use to track my handicap and track yardage. Cheaper than getting a range finder, and tbh the difference in accuracy from app to my buddy's range finder is usually 2-3 yds. But you guys better believe he tells us what the REAL DISTANCE IS every time he breaks it out.

What's in the bag:

Irons- old Dunlop DDH 431 w/Graman reg. flex graphite shafts

Driver- Cobra Biocell adjustable driver (9.5 draw) stiff flex

Moses Lake, WA

RH 21hcp

"You buy the beer, and I'll buy lunch"

Do they ask you who you played with, so you can show that you did not play alone? USGA new rule this year. :huh:

Players in your group can attest your score if they also are on Grint.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I use Golfshot for Scoring and GPS and I upload a snapshot of my Scorecard from Golfshot into The Grint. I have also used Gamebook for live scoring. This season my entire golf crew and league will be switching to The Grint as Testers for their new Grint Tour software. Its supposed to do everything and more. 

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 13 Degree
3 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 15 Degree
5 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 18 Degree
4th:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 22 Degree
5-P  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4
Gap:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Sand:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Lob:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Putter: Directed Force "Reno" Putter

Archived