Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Wilson Staff Announced the GolfSpy MBP neXus Stand Bag!

GolfSpy Barbajo

Big news from Wilson Staff!!  

Do you guys remember last year's neXus Stand Bag Design contest? That contest was won by none other than our own GolfSpy MBP!! Well, Wilson announced yesterday the new "Mann Bag," as we're calling it, is finally ready for sale. This was posted on Wilson Social Media yesterday...

Wilson Mann bag.jpg

Nice bow tie!

Anyway, Dan's design was one of over 3,200 entries in Wilson's design competition. The three finalists were chosen by a committee of Wilson Staff staff, and the "Mann Bag" beat out two others in a week-long social media competition - edging out two other designs that were, quite frankly, nowhere near as cool as Dan's!  

"I really wanted a yellow bag," ways Dan, "and no one had a nice one. This was my chance to get exactly what I want. And I really wanted a Wilson bag since I saw a badass Ionix bag in a store.

"The color scheme really pops, but it's not offensive and should work for a broader range of golfers."

nexus-full-big.jpg  nexus-standing.jpg

Those of us lucky enough to know Dan know he's a stylin' dude. And since he's been showing off his neXus, he's getting even more attention,

"It's a head turner, that's for sure," says Dan. "Everyone wants to know where I got and where they can get one!"

The Wilson Staff neXus won the 2014 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag Most Wanted competition (click here), and finished a very strong 2nd in the 2015 competition (click here).  

The Mann Bag is now available on Wilson's website (click here).

And here are some shots of Dan's own version -- enjoy!

nexas-tag-MGS.jpg

nexus-full3.jpg

nexus-sidepocket.jpg

wilson-nexus-backpad.jpg

wilson-nexus-mgscover.jpg

wilson-nexus-pockets.jpg

wilson-nexus-staff.jpg

nexus-stand.jpg

nexus-water-laser.jpg

wilson-nexus-top.jpg

wilson-nexus-zips.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

it really is a good looking bag. That front pocket customization is sweet too!

Is it removable? 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Sharp. Headcover is sweet too.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Very nice!  How does it fit on a push cart and a riding cart?  Specifically, do cart straps cover zippers?  (I hate that in most bags).  It looks like the foot pivots quite a bit.  How does that work?

Love the look!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Very nice!  How does it fit on a push cart and a riding cart?  Specifically, do cart straps cover zippers?  (I hate that in most bags).  It looks like the foot pivots quite a bit.  How does that work?

Love the look!!

I have yet to cart it but plan to try on both the bagboy and bigmax blade

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Congrats MBP I always knew you were a genius! BTW What is the weight on that bag? And darn it don't you have more than 3 clubs to put into it? Never mind on the weight I saw it on the first pic after I posted of course no one ever said I was a genius either

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived