Tinkering

Create your own putter (details inside)

What's the cost on this?? I would love to design my own putter I have a few ideas.

As far as creating anyone a 3d model with video and jpgs, I would take small donations for my time, but it's really not necessary.

For the actual creation of the putter, it totally depends on the design. One like I posted with straight edges I can mill up at my work in a day and would only charge for the material and shipping (again donations for my time would be accepted but not necessary).

I am not trying to push a business or make a profit here. I really enjoy modeling and milling up putters. It's a neat process.

So to summarize:

---3d modeling is free (I will take as much time as you like revising the design)

---Manufacture depends on the design, but I can quote you a price from a local shop to have it done on a cnc, which I may be able to make cheaper by roughing in the shape before sending it out.

---Shipping will be on the buyer

---If you want one sent to the usga for approval, you will have to have 2 made as they will keep the one that is sent.

• Like 1

Here is an example of a 3d model I created for someone recently. It is a 2 piece design with an aluminum insert and ss body.

Stealth Putters - Prototype 04 Assy. 1.JPGStealth Putters - Prototype 04 Assy. 4.JPGStealth Putters - Prototype 04 Assy. 3.JPGStealth Putters - Prototype 04 Assy. 2.JPG

Very nice, I am trying to create some basic putters on Solidworks as well. It's harder than I thought when taking things like weight and material into consideration.

Very nice, I am trying to create some basic putters on Solidworks as well. It's harder than I thought when taking things like weight and material into consideration.

Hey, Whiskey.

If you have any specific questions regarding designing putters in SW feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you out. 

Tim

If you are able to send a 2d hand sketch of the front, back, top, bottom, left, and right views with some basic dimensions you want I can put something together and send you pictures or a 3d video.

So can you output it in Mazatrol? AmsterDam? EIA?

Have several designs I would love to try.

Snakebit, still trying to get my around what I'd like to do before I contact you.  I keep going back and forth between a wide blade along the lines of a Piretti Matera/Odyssey #1 wide and something more like a Scotty X5/Odyssey #7.  I'm leaning more towards the wide blade.

I do have a question though, Do you mill the hosel all in the same block as the head?  Or do you have to make that separate and get it welded on?  Does it matter if it's a plumbers neck or a flow neck?

Hey, Whiskey.

If you have any specific questions regarding designing putters in SW feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you out. 

Tim

Thank you for offering to help, I'll be sure to ask questions if I run into something. I haven't had a ton of time but I'll be on break in a couple weeks so I can toy around with the design then.

Snakebit, still trying to get my around what I'd like to do before I contact you. I keep going back and forth between a wide blade along the lines of a Piretti Matera/Odyssey #1 wide and something more like a Scotty X5/Odyssey #7. I'm leaning more towards the wide blade.

I do have a question though, Do you mill the hosel all in the same block as the head? Or do you have to make that separate and get it welded on? Does it matter if it's a plumbers neck or a flow neck?

I would not be able to mill a hosel with my equipment, but that could be done at another shop. And as long as they rough the shape first, the CNC time to make the hosel and head one piece would not be that bad. Time for any of these designs is the killer. Material for a putter is dirt cheap, it's the time programming or writing a cam program that costs you. At my last work place I could have programmed or cammed the design for you guys for a really good price but I switched a few months ago and do not have the same tools at my disposal. I will quote a couple of designs soon to give you guys some ball park numbers.

So can you output it in Mazatrol? AmsterDam? EIA?

Have several designs I would love to try.

I do not believe we have any direct conversion software, but many companies with CNC capabilities do. What I can do is send a solid model in many formats which can be converted in a 3d milling program if you have access to that sort of thing. I have some experience with mazatrol but that was with a camming program or manual programming at the machine.

If you are able to tell me what format you would like the solid model in, I can tell you if I can do that.