Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

New Job?

Severtheties

So back at the end of November I unfortunately lost my job. I was an executive in the banking industry and have had trouble finding a new position since then. I came across this article and thought to myself "HEY! Maybe a new career direction is in order!" 

Also - is anyone is hiring in Ohio please let me know! haha

Yesterday 11:00AM ET

WEIRD GOLF NEWS Convicted drug trafficker claims he got rich from retrieving golf balls. Judge doesn't buy it (obviously)

By Alex Myers

A convicted Australian drug trafficker has been ordered to give back nearly $1 million in property and cash, according to The Queensland Times. What's so weird about that? Get a load of his excuse.

Related: More weird golf news

Robert James Upson, 60, claimed he made the money legitimately by . . . wait for it . . . retrieving and selling second-hand golf balls!

Unfortunately for Upson, Justice Philip McMurdo either has a working knowledge of the used golf ball market or simply a solid grasp on reality. The judge didn't buy Upson's story.

blog-used-golf-balls-0225.jpg

"I have to say that having regard to the evidence of Mr. Upson work and business history, this is a surprisingly high figure for Mr. Upson to have had from legitimate sources in the subject period," McMurdo said.

"There is also Mr Upson's claim that he was making very large amounts from retrieving golf balls, but this is unsupported by any documentary evidence." 

Upson was appealing his eight-year jail sentence for selling his own-grown marijuana for more than a decade -- during which time court documents showed he made 347 cash deposits totaling $1,282,943.93. It is not known if Upson will appeal again, but if he does, he should probably come up with a better reason for having all that money.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Maybe I should start diving for golf balls lol or get good at not being caught selling Mary Jane

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

You'd have to be high to jump into an Australian pond.

I swear 99% of the world's venemous animals live in Australia! No thanks!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

That's probably why it's working out Mr. Divots, no one else will do it.  We have people who do that here in Florida and I wonder about their sanity.  You should have seen the size of the Gator that we met on the course last week.  He was not that far from the green on 17 and not far at all from my friend's ball.  He quick hit that one.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I read an article once about what those guys are up against. Gross and dangerous way to make a living for sure!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

They had an article in one of the golf mags (rags) about guys that do that for a living.

No thank you, I'd rather not meet an alligator.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I think they also featured this on Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe if I'm not mistaken.

While it was on the air, there was a show calle Ball Hogs....that featured a team of divers recovering golf balls.  It was funny, but the network went off the air.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I might have to see if I can find that on youtube. Sounds entertaining.

I know a group of kids that live off of my home course that do it, and they make a lot of money off of the lakes on four and seventeen.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Archived