TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hardest Course You've Ever Played (in the U.S.)

Zeasy

Firestone Country Club North Course. I know the South Course gets all the glory, but it isn't nearly as hard as the North.... I've played both. The North is 7,125 yards. It has many lakes and streams to contend with. I'll probably never get to play it again, but at least I got to play it! I shot 86 that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Prairie Dunes in Hutchinson, KS is the the most difficult course I've played. It doesn't kill you with length (just under 7,000 from the back tees), but the native grass (or as locals call it - gunch) swallows any offline tee shot, and the greens are some of the most complex and mind bending I've ever encountered.

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably the easiest golf question for me.  It was Bethpage Black.  I was playing with a very good friend that was a former professional.  He played it from the back after showing his +2 handicap card to the starter, needless to say I moved up a couple of tee boxes.  I felt like it was an 18 hole dogfight, but managed to shoot 95 with an 18 handicap.  I am sure had I not been with my friend, I would have never been allowed on the course.  Fun day, he shot 78 which included a couple of 30 foot bombs and a chip in.  Every time I see the pros play that course it gives me an appreciation for just how well they can play the game.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:40 AM, Bendreiling said:

Prairie Dunes in Hutchinson, KS is the the most difficult course I've played. It doesn't kill you with length (just under 7,000 from the back tees), but the native grass (or as locals call it - gunch) swallows any offline tee shot, and the greens are some of the most complex and mind bending I've ever encountered.

I played that course in a Kansas/Colorado USGA event and I'd agree 100%.  If you aren't in the short grass you are in jail!  Honestly, even after missing the putts I never saw how the ball broke that direction on some of the holes.

Chanticleer course at Greenville CC.  It is long, and the greens are exceptionally difficult. 

What's in the Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS2 11.5, Diamana 70 Stiff Flex

FW - Callaway Razr X 3 Wood

Rescue - Taylormade Rocketballz 4 Rescue

Irons - Callaway Apex CF19, Nippon S. Pro 1050 GH, Stiff Flex

Wedges - Titleist Vokey S4 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter - Odyssey OWorks Marxman

In last few years, it would have to be Wolf Creek in Mesquite NV.   Terra Lago South Course in Indio CA was also a tough course.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 4 weeks later...

I would have to say Musgrove Mill Golf Club near Clinton SC. I was a non-resident member there in the mid 90s.I was an 8 hdcp on my home course here in Charlotte, but in my three years of playing Musgrove once a month I only broke 80 twice. Back then I played the par 72 6950 yard tees with a rating of 74.4 and a 153 slope. If I played there today I probably wouldn't break 100 even with my 10.8 index. 

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

40 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I would have to say Musgrove Mill Golf Club near Clinton SC. I was a non-resident member there in the mid 90s.I was an 8 hdcp on my home course here in Charlotte, but in my three years of playing Musgrove once a month I only broke 80 twice. Back then I played the par 72 6950 yard tees with a rating of 74.4 and a 153 slope. If I played there today I probably wouldn't break 100 even with my 10.8 index. 

A fraternity brother of mine has been a member there forever! He grew-up in Clinton, and had a couple car dealerships. I never got a chance to play it when I lived in Charlotte, but I always heard great things.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Harbour Town was incredibly difficult, as there is zero room for error off the tee and the course is so tight that if you’re not in the right part of the fairway you have to be able to shape your shot to have a chance at the green. Great course though, reallY enjoyed shooting over 100 there. 

20 hours ago, Hoganman1 said:

I’m not far from there, is it public? I love trying out new courses, even when they’re way harder than I should play. 

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls

On 9/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, Popeye64 said:

Pinehurst #2. The level of difficulty that is as tough as any course out there. Greens that defy description But there is also a gravity to the moment... that you are in the cathedral of golf.
I did not rise to the challenge over all. But had a string of 4 pars on the backside and a final birdie on the closing hole.
I had many big number holes that I had myself out of position and paid heavy prices for.
A place that as you leave you just want a chance to play again.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

My wife surprised me with a weekend at Pinehurst last summer and I played 2 and 7. The timing of the weekend was as terrible as it could be, as I had been working through some swing changes and they were compounded by brand new clubs that I wasn’t used to yet. I still had a blast spraying shots all over number 2, and although I didn’t have a good score, my putter was lights out. I finished with no 3 putts, 29 total putts including several made longer than 30 feet. Definitely an extremely challenging course, and as you mentioned, the atmosphere surrounding it adds another element. 

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls

Harbour Town was incredibly difficult, as there is zero room for error off the tee and the course is so tight that if you’re not in the right part of the fairway you have to be able to shape your shot to have a chance at the green. Great course though, reallY enjoyed shooting over 100 there. 
I’m not far from there, is it public? I love trying out new courses, even when they’re way harder than I should play. 

Harbor Town is definitely narrow & smaller greens, great course to play!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 1/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Watchnut33 said:

I'm pretty sure  Musgrove is private. You might be able to get a complimentary round if you call and inquire about memberships. 

Thinking about Harbour Town reminded me of Wild Dunes Links Course. I haven't played there in a long time but it's very tight. If memory serves me correctly,  missing the fairway by a few yards could easily result in a lost ball.  Hopefully they've softened it somewhat since the 80s and 90s.  

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

• 3 weeks later...

I would rate Purgatory in Noblesville, IN as the toughest course I have ever played. You can have a fun time playing the white tees, but when you play the Purgatory tees it is, well, Purgatory.

scorecard.jpg

:ping-small: G400 10.5° driver

:ping-small: K15 16° fairway

:ping-small: G425 7W

:ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

PXG GEN3 6-PW irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 50° and 54° SS wedges

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 56° and 60° Eye2 wedges

:odyssey-small: Works Tank #7 putter

:srixon-small: Z-Star

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, Watchnut33 said:

My wife surprised me with a weekend at Pinehurst last summer and I played 2 and 7. The timing of the weekend was as terrible as it could be, as I had been working through some swing changes and they were compounded by brand new clubs that I wasn’t used to yet. I still had a blast spraying shots all over number 2, and although I didn’t have a good score, my putter was lights out. I finished with no 3 putts, 29 total putts including several made longer than 30 feet. Definitely an extremely challenging course, and as you mentioned, the atmosphere surrounding it adds another element. 

I found 7 to be harder than 2.  I played both from the tips and yes, they are both long.  I just found that 7 had a ton of elevated greens with very subtle breaks that are hard to read.  The teeth of #2 is easily the greens, no doubt.  However from tee to green it is not very difficult.  I just think 7 is a beast, plus it has a higher slope rating at 143 compared to #2 at 138.  Just to be clear...Bethpage Black has a slope rating of 144.  Pinehurst 7 is one of my favorites and should be on everyone's list when they visit Pinehurst.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

TPC Sawgrass Stadium and Black Wolf Run River course are without a doubt the two hardest courses I’ve played. 

Both Pete Dye courses... Darn him, you have to wonder what mischievous thoughts were going through his mind when he designed these courses. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Top 5 hardest courses by rating (Course / Tees / Rating):
-    Erin Hills - Black – 77.9
-    Whistling Straits (Straits) – Black – 77.2
-    Blackwolf Run (River) – Black – 76.2 
-    Hazeltine National – Blue – 75.7
-    Whistling Straits (Irish) –  Black – 75.6  

The Actual Hardest Course Setup:

The hardest course I have ever played was at Hazeltine National when the course was set up for the Superintendents Revenge tournament (and we did not know about it in advance) - it was definitely playing WAY harder than than the 75.7 rating on the card... 

My buddy and I had booked a super early tee time because there was a ‘member event/tournament’ that afternoon and we had to be off the course in time for that (I don't know if we actually saw any other golfers while we were on the course that day).  The entire round we were wondering what was going on because the course was stretched to its absolute limit on the tee boxes (basically one club length from the back of the box on every hole)  and all of the pins seemed to be tucked a few paces onto the green and/or in the hardest spots to hit/putt.  It took us a few holes to really figure out that something was going on.  At first we guessed that the tee markers might have been moved all the way back so that the grounds crew could mow more easily or something like that (plausible, since it was so early), so we played the tees as marked but figured/hoped they’d get moved up by the time we were a few holes in – and tough pins aren’t exactly unusual at that course. After we were a few holes in though, the pattern was pretty evident.  We didn't know why it was set up that way, but we ended up having an absolute blast playing such a wild set up.  After we finished on 18 we chatted with a couple people who were getting ready for the event and they explained to us what a Superintendent's Revenge tournament was and that the course was set up to basically play as hard as it could (we had already figured that part out – but it was nice to have it confirmed). 

Driver:  :cleveland-small: HiBore XL Tour, Aldila VS Proto 

Fairway:   :titelist-small: 980F 15* and 19* 

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP-32 5-PW and MX-23 3 -4, Rifle 6.0

Wedges:  :mizuno-small:  MP-T4 54*, 60*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small:  Studio Design 1.5 

Ball:   :titelist-small: ProV1x

My experience is lacking compared to most of the courses here, but I once played a private course in Maine call the Woodlands. Course and slope are 73.9/145 from the back tees, which is where we played from. I was 17, so I can't remember that far back, but I believe my 9 handicap at the time shot a 90 or higher. 

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

TPC Las Vegas...lots of blind tee shots and forced carries, if you missed the fairway it was at least a one shot penalty 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 4/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

I found 7 to be harder than 2.  I played both from the tips and yes, they are both long.  I just found that 7 had a ton of elevated greens with very subtle breaks that are hard to read.  The teeth of #2 is easily the greens, no doubt.  However from tee to green it is not very difficult.  I just think 7 is a beast, plus it has a higher slope rating at 143 compared to #2 at 138.  Just to be clear...Bethpage Black has a slope rating of 144.  Pinehurst 7 is one of my favorites and should be on everyone's list when they visit Pinehurst.

I agree that Pinehurst #7 is very difficult.  I remember #2 being very difficult on approaches with long irons.  I didn't play the tips on #2 and the greens were more receptive given it had rained that week, but it was still hard getting the ball close.  I can see how it would be amazing as test for the world's best with a US Open set up.

I would say that on a typical windy, Fall day in Bandon, OR.  Pacific Dunes and Bandon Dunes are some of the toughest courses to play in America.  Even with caddies telling you where to hit it, it can still be very hard to hit and keep it on the greens and make putts.  Some par 3s were next to impossible with the wind gusts.  I learned how to take half swing 5 and 6 irons for trajectory distance control.  I should note that I was very impressed at how good the caddies were.  

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Muirfield Village in OH, and Cog Hill in IL are the toughest courses I’ve ever played myself, but I haven’t been to as many bucket list courses as some here. Recently played Tobacco Road, looks really rough but not as hard as it looks - the most unique course I’ve ever seen/played - fascinating!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 4/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, KC Golf said:

I agree that Pinehurst #7 is very difficult.  I remember #2 being very difficult on approaches with long irons.  I didn't play the tips on #2 and the greens were more receptive given it had rained that week, but it was still hard getting the ball close.  I can see how it would be amazing as test for the world's best with a US Open set up.

I would say that on a typical windy, Fall day in Bandon, OR.  Pacific Dunes and Bandon Dunes are some of the toughest courses to play in America.  Even with caddies telling you where to hit it, it can still be very hard to hit and keep it on the greens and make putts.  Some par 3s were next to impossible with the wind gusts.  I learned how to take half swing 5 and 6 irons for trajectory distance control.  I should note that I was very impressed at how good the caddies were.  

My buddy played Bandon and said the same thing!  He absolutely loved the courses.  Bandon is on my bucket list for sure.  Call me crazy, but I hope we play when it's windy as hell...I just feel like it's only right to do that.  haha

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

• 2 weeks later...

Toughest I’ve ever played was Fallen Oak in Biloxi. Beautiful course in the middle of nowhere, greens like glass. To be fair I’m no golf savant and about an 11 handicap, not well traveled golf wise, but looking to change that!! 

3 minutes ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Toughest I’ve ever played was Fallen Oak in Biloxi. Beautiful course in the middle of nowhere, greens like glass. To be fair I’m no golf savant and about an 11 handicap, not well traveled golf wise, but looking to change that!! 

Edited by Ben_Howell34

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

• 1 month later...

Hardest most difficult course I ever played was in Zionville Indiana called Wolf Run.   It had a stretch of three holes that Nick Faldo was quoted as saying were the hardest three holes in a row he has played.    Unfortunately the club closed in I believe 2017.

• 1 month later...

I'll just put this one in there as well.  Can't find the actual scorecard but numbers here are accurate.
image.png.40056ce0fd538b0d6495eb41a78787f5.png

image.png.b976292c1620a63b0b683caf83199ccb.png  Sub 70 - 849 Pro - Project X Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

image.png.b976292c1620a63b0b683caf83199ccb.png  3W - Sub 70 Pro - Project X 6.0 HL

image.png.b976292c1620a63b0b683caf83199ccb.png  5W - Sub 70 Pro - Project X 6.0 HL

:titelist-small:  4 - PW T100 - Project X LZ 6.0

:titelist-small:  50 & 54 - Titleist Vokey SM5

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 10.5c 

:taylormade-small:  TP5

• 2 weeks later...

Hardest course and best course I ever played was the Kampen Course at Birick Boilermaker Golf Complex. Pete Dye redesigned both courses at Purdue. I have to admit my bias as I am Purdue alum. Indiana has an underrated golf scene.

image.png.f1f807a30242e9f1eb47148fcc1a798c.png

WITB

Driver Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg ST-200 Set to 9° Ventus Black 70g X-stiff

2 Iron Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg  HMB KBS Tour 120g S hard stepped

4-PW Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg  MP-20 KBS Tour 120g S hard stepped

Wedges Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg  T 20 50°, 53°, 56°, 60° KBS Tour 120g S hard stepped

Putter SC.jpg.14736f817c1495461be501fb995c16db.jpg   Newport 2.6

All clubs use arc2.jpg.194a7f796bf5f1991cde65dade3cd471.jpg

• 1 month later...

Played in a charity outing at Laurel Valley in PA. Didn’t realize how prestigious it was. That being said it was the hardest course I have ever played. The greens were the fastest I’ve ever seen. Normally I am a decent putter (avg 31 putts per round) and I couldn’t hit a putt to save my life. Beautiful course though

C500CFD9-AF48-436D-B7E6-1B9FC4F251B1.jpeg

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Hardest Course I have ever played is Bellerive, and it just happened to be the week before a Mid-Am event at the club. They had the greens rolling almost a 12 on the stimp-meter, and the greens were hard and fast.

Shot 84, 14 greens in Regulation, and had 45 PUTTS. On the Day I played it was 92 degrees and we teed off at 1:30. 

:titelist-small: TSr3 8* w/ Ventus Black 6X

:titelist-small: TSr3 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

:ping-small: iCrossover 18* w/ Ventus Black 9X

:titelist-small: T100S 4 Iron - PW w/ Ventus Axiom 125X

:vokey-small: SM9 50 F-grind / 54 F-grind / 58 V-grind w/ True Temper Gold Onyx Tour S400

:scotty-cameron-1: Circle T Newport 35 Inch

:titelist-small: Pro V1

Vessel Player III DXR Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Local course in Maryland. The Club at PB Dye. Was ranked the 27th hardest course in the country in 2007 by Golf Digest. Multiple blind tee shots and approach shots. Multi tiered undulated greens. Tall fescue rough. Yeah that course can be an absolute brute if you are playing for the first time.