Zeasy

Hardest Course You've Ever Played (in the U.S.)

Another vote for Kaiwah ocean course, if its a little windy your in for a long day... in a close second, Teeth of a Dog and Ko'olau ....

+1 Ko'olau

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The (now sadly closed) Prince course in Kauai in the wind.  Beautiful course, but really tough.

Played a few on the list that people have mentioned. Toughest I have played by far is The Shattuck in Jaffrey, NH. Best described as target golf; there is hazard short, long, left and right on every shot. Bring a lot of golf balls and do. Or expect to break 80, even if you are a single digit handicapper. Best described by my college teammate, "there should be a sign on one that says welcome to hell, and when you finish 18 another one that says thanks for visiting hell."

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

yup

This course was a nightmare growing up in NE Golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

At the moment my course list isn't that long outside of Southern California. But, the first one that comes to mind in the Palm Springs area is the Stadium Course at PGA West (which some of you have mentioned). You can get in trouble real quick out there, especially if you play around when they are hosting qualifiers or other tournaments. Out in the San Diego area, obviously Torrey Pines can eat you up and spit you out real quick. Then there's also Mt. Woodson in North County San Diego. It has some crazy rock formations, and elevation changes that you have to really watch out for. 

• Like 1

The Straits Course at Whistling Straits. Wasn't very windy but the approach shots left zero margin for error. Iron play was a bit off and I doubled my way through the place.

• Like 1

yup

This course was a nightmare growing up in NE Golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shattuck killed me

Playing it tomorrow Jack Frost National tight course with lots of elevation changes and holes are so far apart you'd walk 12 miles in 18.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I am adding the lower course at Baltusrol to my list. The USGA is having an event there in a few weeks so the rough was just crazy when I played it last week. Just under 7,000 yards for an outing and not one hole was a breather.

• Like 2

Half Moon Bay Ocean course..... sand traps in the middle of fairway, because, well, why not ?????

Chambers Bay on a day with brisk Puget Sound wind.  Don't recall which tees we used, but certainly not Black.  A couple of the drives required a very healthy carry to get over waste area and, naturally, they were into the wind.  

• Like 2

Chambers Bay on a day with brisk Puget Sound wind. Don't recall which tees we used, but certainly not Black. A couple of the drives required a very healthy carry to get over waste area and, naturally, they were into the wind.

Yeah, Chambers can eat you up. You get in those waste areas, you can't get out with more than PW.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'll put a slight twist on this topic. I put together the 18 toughest holes here in my hometown of Tallahassee. I compiled this list, using every local golf course, and picking the toughest 18 holes, by hole number, that I could find.

http://woeckener.blogspot.com/2016/10/tallahassees-18-toughest-golf-holes.html

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

If you like Tobacco Road, you will love Tot Hill Farms. Playing those two courses back to back is a true test of your game

I haven't played Tobacco Road, but played Tot Hill quite a few years ago. Frankly, I thought the only thing missing from that course was a clowns mouth and a windmill. Sure, put a barn literally right next to a smallish green, and that hole that had a valley fairway but this giant cliff that juts out into the fairway that has a sole purpose of putting a cart path on it, which also blocks your view of the rest of the hole. Not sure what game you want to test with that sort of nonsense, but I just walked away from that course thinking that it was the dumbest golf course I have ever played, and I've played over 200 of them around the world.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bethpage Black without a doubt. Played from the whites and I was even par thru 3 and think I ended up shooting around 110.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Bethpage Black without a doubt. Played from the whites and I was even par thru 3 and think I ended up shooting around 110.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Agree, one of the toughest I ever played.

Fantasy valley in Maryland. Not the best course but my

God did it play tough. Narrow and thick rough couple times it fell like my wrist was going to break.

PGA National. The bear trap is no joke. Played the bear trap from the pro tees and managed to bogey my way through it.

Didn't really like the course, or Florida golf, in general.

Couldn't agree more. Florida Golf is hot and boring. The champ course is sand and water and a constant headache. I never left a green thinking wow, that was a fun hole.

I'm playing Trump National Bedminster tomorrow. Supposedly the greens are running around 13

• Like 1

I'm playing Trump National Bedminster tomorrow. Supposedly the greens are running around 13

Pictures are required Joe.
  • Like 2