Zeasy

Hardest Course You've Ever Played (in the U.S.)

Our Sponsors

I'm playing Trump National Bedminster tomorrow. Supposedly the greens are running around 13

Have fun, heard it's a tough one!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fantasy valley in Maryland. Not the best course but my

God did it play tough. Narrow and thick rough couple times it fell like my wrist was going to break.

Where in MD is this?

Penobscot Valley Country Club in Orono Maine. Not a long course, and not a narrow course, but turtle back greens made my round adventurous haha. I hit the ball really well, but chipping and putting were awful.

I would have to say the Palmer Course at Geneva National in Lake Geneva, WI. It's hard to say, though, because I was still pretty new to the game when I played it, so the perceived difficulty might have had a lot to do with my skills or lack thereof.

• Like 1

I would have to say the Palmer Course at Geneva National in Lake Geneva, WI. It's hard to say, though, because I was still pretty new to the game when I played it, so the perceived difficulty might have had a lot to do with my skills or lack thereof.

Yes tough course, played it on a business trip many years ago.

• Like 1

Royal New Kent in New Kent, Virginia just east of Richmond.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Isn't royal New Kent closed at the moment?  I read something not long ago that a deal had been reached with a prospective new owner, but they indicate that the course won't re-open until next year sometime.  I've enjoyed that course every time I played it, it would be nice to see it in good shape again.

https://clubandresortbusiness.com/2018/06/sale-royal-new-kent-gc-reported/

Isn't royal New Kent closed at the moment? I read something not long ago that a deal had been reached with a prospective new owner, but they indicate that the course won't re-open until next year sometime. I've enjoyed that course every time I played it, it would be nice to see it in good shape again.

https://clubandresortbusiness.com/2018/06/sale-royal-new-kent-gc-reported/

I haven't heard anything recently so as far as I know it is still closed. Probably would take a year to catch up on the maintenance that probably hasn't been done.

Erin Hills on a Father's Day weekend when they placed the pins in US Open spots. That course is brutal in the wind and when they don't cut the fescue down for the crying pros.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Hands down Oaktmont CC. Shot 100 (after 4 straight rounds in low 80s at other courses).

Granted the caddy and I didnt see eye to eye and after starting out with 35 on the first 5 holes, I told him just give me a distance and carry my bag, I'll decide what and where to hit. 65 on the last 13 holes.

The greens are as tough as Ive been told they are, if you didnt drain the putt it ran by the hole 5-10 feet. If you miss small, you're in a bunker.

Still one one of the most amazing courses but it was toughIMG_6164.JPG

• Like 2

Granted the caddy and I didnt see eye to eye:

Yep. That is the reason every time. (Face palm)

• Like 1

Granted the caddy and I didnt see eye to eye:

Yep. That is the reason every time. (Face palm)

Shot an avg of 2 strokes lower per hole when I quit listening to him...

Just examples, first hole was 140 out, he said hit your 120 club due to the wind and downhill. I hit it pure and was 15 yards short. 2nd hole, said I was 30 yards out, again great shot, went 30 yards, right in to a deep trap, he goes oh, I think I was wrong on yardage, double checked it, it was 50 yards.  Another time said club up to 210 club, I said I dont think I should. smoked it well over the green. 

Black Diamond in central Ohio. Built over and around Appalachian foothills it has little room for error.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's a little over an hour from my house. Seems like a good location to have a meet-up with Columbus and Northern Ohio guys?

Satellite view looks very intriguing. It looks like some of the fairways neck down to barely more than 3 mowers wide. I assume that's not the target, but it would still be intimidating to look at.

• Like 1

Ruffled feathers in the Chicago area. As you may not be aware, Canada doesn't have any Pete Dye designed courses,so when I was in Chicago,I had to try this one out. i heard Pete Dye was a mashocist. They aren't kidding.

One thing I noticed is that the Chicago area has so many good golf courses.

• Like 1

TPC Harding Park was the most difficult and the most fun for me

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Probably Chambers Bay for me

Promontory Golf Club in Park City. I played the tips...8,100 yds. Yes, I know it's a higher elevation but Nicklaus is an absolute d*** when it comes to green complexes. I hit 14 greens and shot 79. I was on point off the tee and hitting greens...problem is I was usually in the wrong area of the green because the pins were tucked on ledges and sharp shelves. F that man. Great golfer but a real jerk course designer. /rant. 

• Like 1