US Open at Chambers Bay is fast approaching

Our Sponsors

Chambers Bay Golf Course, 09.03.2013-10-L.jpg

106 sleeps to go! 106 sleeps to go!

I was really looking forward to Chambers Bay being my first US Open experience (spectator, not player, in case you were wondering). Alas, work schedule looks like I won't be able to make the voyage to the Pacific Northwest in time for what should be an amazing tournament in an even more amazing setting.

I'm sure some of you have visited Chambers Bay - though it has undergone somewhat of a reconfiguration in recent times. I thought I'd provide the details of what the course looks like now and the changes that have been made:

courseimprovements.jpg

2013ChambersBayImprovements.jpg

Want an indication of the excitement of the locals in hosting this tournament? The USGA says it normally takes 3-6 months to recruit thousands of volunteers to help conduct a successful U.S. Open... it look less than two days last year for 5,000 people to sign up (registration closed within a matter of weeks, not months).

Yeah, the Pacific Northwest is kind of excited about its first U.S. Open!

I love the fact that this is going to be a Major on a links course in the US - and that you and I can head along and play this public course at our leisure.

That's nothing Kenny they tripled at Bethpage Black for non-residents.  It's still a bargain though!  Both the US Open and PGA sites this year are public courses albeit very costly ones.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Great course I can't wait to move back to WA next year and play it again

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X