TESTERS WANTED! ×

Playing Sick

JohnBarry

No, not to get out of school or work to go play golf, but playing golf sick. Have had a huge sinus infection, it's killing me, but I am supposed to play tomorrow. I just can't cancel because, well, I figure it's better than laying around. Anyone else play golf when you don't feel well, how does it effect your game?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I didn't sleep that well last night and woke up very achy and tired this morning. My sinuses were bothering me last night as well.

I had no energy on the course today and while I scrambled to a 74 I just didn't have it. Here's how it went. On hole 4, a 480 yard par 5, I popped up a hybrid off the tee leaving a shot on a hill I had to hit 7 iron from. Then I hit another hybrid to short of the green, hit a lob wedge to three feet and made the putt for par. On 17, a 190 yard par three, I popped up another hybrid leaving 65 yards to the pin. I hit it to two feet and tapped in for par.

Not exactly the confidence booster needed to prepare me for my match Sunday. :)

Semper Fi

My Club

I agree about the focus, but I am trying to guage if it's better to play or not to play

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I played "sick" today and it had nothing to do with illness.

There are days you hit a lot of greens and make nothing and there are days you hit few greens but scramble well.

And there are days when you drive the ball crooked, hit only a few greens and your short game sucks.

That was today.

Semper Fi

My Club

I played with my brother this morning and he was somewhere in between still being drunk and hungover.. the first couple holes were kind of shakey for him, but I think the fresh air straightened him out quick...

As far as truly being sick, I doubt I would miss my league night or a tournament, but a casual game on Sunday or a quick 9 after work, I would skip out on...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Golf is supposed to be fun. If you're truly sick then stay home. Take care of your body - it's the only one you have! :rolleyes:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Played sick, the Sinus Infection that seems to never die, and it was a bad round, the score was bad, but I actually felt I "played" well. My new swing, that I have been working on, is starting to feel more natural. The new chipping stroke, is good, but I have no distance control yet, that was my biggest leak. I did get tired at the end, and blew a few shots.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived