Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Theoo

Bubba gives an update about his G30

310 yards and 60% FIR, looks like the G30 is performing well for Bubba. I think it'll be a top performer in the Most Wanted Test as well.

I finally got my hands on a G30 LS Tech with a custom shaft the other day......it was DEEP. Of 10 balls hit, 3 were over 340 total distance. Was launching at 18° with only 1300rpm spin.

• Like 2

I finally got my hands on a G30 LS Tech with a custom shaft the other day......it was DEEP. Of 10 balls hit, 3 were over 340 total distance. Was launching at 18° with only 1300rpm spin.

Goodness!

• Like 2

It's been on my list to try out, but haven't had a chance yet.  Is it going to knock the SLDR out of your bag?

Hit the LS TEC head today and it was awesome! Similar spin to my SLDR but with a bit better feel and forgiveness. Now operation beat the sldr has begun with this being at the top of the list. Just gotta figure out a shaft better than the stock

• Like 2

Good lordy that makes me want to give it a shot.

Good lordy that makes me want to give it a shot.

I got to hit the LS Tec head today too. My normal spin rate is somewhere around 3500rpm (yea I know thats crazy high and not good. 

Figured out I needed an X-stiff shaft (still think I'm going to end up finding something I like better outside the Ping shaft line that helps me more) and the combo of the 2 had my spin rate down around 2000 with quite a few lower than that. Went from hitting a fade that a very nice draw. I'm sold...

What shaft Bones?

I got to hit the LS Tec head today too. My normal spin rate is somewhere around 3500rpm (yea I know thats crazy high and not good. 

Figured out I needed an X-stiff shaft (still think I'm going to end up finding something I like better outside the Ping shaft line that helps me more) and the combo of the 2 had my spin rate down around 2000 with quite a few lower than that. Went from hitting a fade that a very nice draw. I'm sold...

interesting... I should not buy a new driver. I should not buy a new driver. I should not buy a new driver.
  • Like 3

interesting... I should not buy a new driver. I should not buy a new driver. I should not buy a new driver.

But you will!

• Like 5

I kept telling myself that I wouldn't find a driver that, without lots of lessons, that would drastically improve my shot. I was wrong.................very very very wrong.......I picked up about 20 yards with just a few swings too...It was almost scary good for me....

I've got to ask an heretical question.

What if the stock shaft is the best choice?

Then that just makes it a cheaper purchase lol.

• Like 1

I'm going to try it when the demo days come by hopefully in May like last year. I do not think anything that knock by TourEdge out but there's nothing wrong with trying ;)

• Like 1

The previous G series shafts have been made by UST/Mamiya in recent versions. Worse things could happen.

When I was fit for a G20, I went with the Tour version of the stock shaft. My numbers were perfect with it. The fitter offered to let me hit exotic shafts and I passed. There wasn't any improving the numbers.

I need to get well and get my G30 fitting scheduled! Have played a G series going back to the G2. They are usually great drivers. Some were better than others, but generally, never a "dud" of a performer.

I'd still like to know how much is "turbulators" and how much is the new face tech accounting for the gains. I have a theory that I'll try to follow up with Ping on after I have a chance to hit it. Not sure they'd answer it, but I hope so.

I didn't think the stock shaft that he put me in was bad. I just think I may be able to do a little better with a different shaft. Thats all. If I got the numbers I was looking for exactly with the stock shaft he put me in I wouldn't even think about a different shaft.

Make sure to specify swingweight when ordering. The stock shafts are counter-balanced and the heads are pretty heavy. Could be a very heavy setup if the head stayed at 206g with a tip-balanced shaft.

• Like 1