JBones

Forum Member Review - Paderson Shafts

Looks like I'm last. I'll have mine up tonight. I wanted to give this thing a real review, and not some bullshit THP review. Played it on about 2 dozen courses, under all conditions. It does not measure up on Trackman, but narrows the gap in the real world.

• Like 2

I would just like to add that the Diamana/ Razr Xtreme combo is my gamer again. The SLDR/7M3 combo were stupid long but a little unpredictable 

It got very old having to try and take draw swings wit the Paderson to hit the ball straight. That isn't my natural swing.

I would just like to add that the Diamana/ Razr Xtreme combo is my gamer again. The SLDR/7M3 combo were stupid long but a little unpredictable 

It got very old having to try and take draw swings wit the Paderson to hit the ball straight. That isn't my natural swing.

"Different Strokes for Different Folks" is especially true in golf.  One size won't fit all, and in the long run you've got to be able to use a swing that's comfortable and repeatable for YOU!

"Different Strokes for Different Folks" is especially true in golf.  One size won't fit all, and in the long run you've got to be able to use a swing that's comfortable and repeatable for YOU!

That being the case I'll take Rory's swing.

• Like 2

For sure! I feel as though it was a very good shaft just not meant for my swing. My launch monitor results showed much better dispersion and no loss in distance when I took soft controlled swings with this shaft. 113-114 seemed to be a good number for SS to max out the results for myself with this shaft. I just don't like taking that much off of a driver swing.

• Like 1

For sure! I feel as though it was a very good shaft just not meant for my swing. My launch monitor results showed much better dispersion and no loss in distance when I took soft controlled swings with this shaft. 113-114 seemed to be a good number for SS to max out the results for myself with this shaft. I just don't like taking that much off of a driver swing.

You definitely don't want to take off enough to match MY swing speed!!

Even with my lower swing speed, the Paderson performs best with a controlled tempo.  If I really try to "get on it," I'm more likely to miss the fairway even though it goes a long way.

• Like 1

You definitely don't want to take off enough to match MY swing speed!!

Even with my lower swing speed, the Paderson performs best with a controlled tempo.  If I really try to "get on it," I'm more likely to miss the fairway even though it goes a long way.

Good to know I wasn't the only one. These shafts seem to be better for "swingers" rather than "hitters." I wonder if a good rule of thumb would be to go up a flex from your normal flex choice if you are a "hitter."

• Like 1

I'm actually going to be able to kind of test that idea Undershooter.

The shaft I won is my desired shaft flex, but if you were to chart me I'd fall right on the borderline of Regular and Stiff. With these playing a little stiff to flex and my swing definitely being that of a hitter (thanks baseball) I will put that theory through it's paces...

• Like 3

I'm actually going to be able to kind of test that idea Undershooter.

The shaft I won is my desired shaft flex, but if you were to chart me I'd fall right on the borderline of Regular and Stiff. With these playing a little stiff to flex and my swing definitely being that of a hitter (thanks baseball) I will put that theory through it's paces...

Just to clarify, I would not consider these stiff to flex. Quite the opposite if anything. I felt like the X was a soft X. Maybe that's just me though. #ActualResultsMayVary 

• Like 2

I know that this shafts behaves best when I swing smoothly.  Actually I've found that to be the case since I've gone to a longer shaft in my driver.  I could go after it pretty hard at 44.5 but have to stay within myself at 45.5.  My tempo is very nice with the driver now though so there has been an unintended positive consequence.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, I would not consider these stiff to flex. Quite the opposite if anything. I felt like the X was a soft X. Maybe that's just me though. #ActualResultsMayVary 

I agree, the Paderson seems more "springy" my Fujikura driver shafts.  Although, I'm not sure if that's necessarily because of the "flex" per se, or the bend profile of the shaft.  It also launches higher than those shafts combined with my Titleist heads.  With the Fujikura EXS and Speeder 596 shafts, I use 11.25* loft, with the Paderson I'm set to 9.75*.  The Paderson can launch the ball like a rocket but some may find it difficult to control.  #ActualResultsMayVary 

• Like 1

Undershooter,

I was referencing one of the reviews where a tester said the CPM's were a little stiff to flex VS his gamer. One thing that I'm interested in doing with this is to start with a longer shaft and see how I respond, and then cut it down from there. I've always just played a shorter shaft, but I wonder what will happen if I try a longer option instead. Driving the golf ball is by far my worst area, so something different might be a game changer.

Unless your swing is pretty solid, a longer shaft is going to be more difficult to control.  Even with a smooth tempo swing, it takes a little while to get used to q longer shaft.  If the tempo is fast, I am not sure if a longer shaft will even work.  My tempo is what I would call moderate, but smooth and I have had to spend a lot of time getting used to longer drivers.  Short ones are must easier to hit consistently straight.  

• Like 1

Back at Shawn - go see the fitter, there are a few reasons for shaft length one of which is the ability to hit the sweet spot - It may be that a longer shaft actually helps you center the ball, it may be not, you won't know unless you try and it's best not to have to try at $200 for a new longer shaft. :)

• Like 2

It's really interesting you bring that up Rev.

I just went and had a lesson today. It started with some routine 37 degree irons, I was hitting them well, and he asked me what I've been struggling with and what I wanted to work on today. Which the worst part of my game is always my driver. So we worked on that.

We did some position work, and I started talking to him about the Paderson shafts. He knew what I was talking about as he always visits the PGA show in February and saw their booth.

So anyway he was talking to me about the shaft and what the differences might be compared to the new one, and we decided to set them to the same length as what I currently play, and to have them also set to obviously the same loft setting. Which is interesting because I get to compare it side by side with the Ping shaft I have in my gamer. So I'm excited for that! I have another lesson scheduled for next week, and am looking forward to comparing them side by side.

• Like 1

The shaft gets out of control for me if I take my normal swing at it.  If I slow things down it is easier to control , but that is hard to do after swinging the way I do for so long.  I also agree that the shaft flex feels a bit soft compared to my gamer.  My dad can kill it though, has about the slowest most undercontrol swing I have seen - everything else in his game is horrible though.

• Like 1