JBones

Forum Member Review - Paderson Shafts

I know that this shafts behaves best when I swing smoothly.  Actually I've found that to be the case since I've gone to a longer shaft in my driver.  I could go after it pretty hard at 44.5 but have to stay within myself at 45.5.  My tempo is very nice with the driver now though so there has been an unintended positive consequence.

"swing smoothly?" I am unfamiliar with that concept...

• Like 2

When I got home last night, a package was waiting for me .

kinetixatthedoor_zps7gosqts4.png

It's Fivesome's Paderson Kinetix shaft!  Since Fivesome was not going to bag the Paderson shaft,  He had seen that I had posted an interest in the shaft and it was the same one.  Now, with shaft in hand, I have ordered a Bio Cell Adapter for it.  His shaft has a TMAG adapter, which I will remove and send it back to him.  When I get the Bio Cell Adapter fitted, I will give it a go and post my thoughts, comparing the Kinetix with my Project Xv shaft.  This is terrific!  And I must say this is how it's done.  When you receive golf equipment to review and decide that it's just not your cup a tea, see if another MGS member could use it.

Padersonshaft2_zpsgsttwkym.png

I am excited!

• Like 4

Taking mine out for one last dance this weekend just to verify nothing has changed with a mid/end of season grooved swing.  Then it's heading to BK in Texas.

• Like 2

Taking mine out for one last dance this weekend just to verify nothing has changed with a mid/end of season grooved swing. Then it's heading to BK in Texas.

He almost got mine until we realized he didnt want an X.

He almost got mine until we realized he didnt want an X.

I'm curious if the X would feel more stable. It would take a lot to kick out my gamer though

I'm curious if the X would feel more stable. It would take a lot to kick out my gamer though

Oh no it wouldn't, I play with this guy who's really good at drop kicking his driver. :)

• Like 4

Oh no it wouldn't, I play with this guy who's really good at drop kicking his driver. :)

If you get really good at it you can dropkick a drive nearly as far as a normal strike!! 

• Like 1

If you get really good at it you can dropkick a drive nearly as far as a normal strike!!

I have perfected the dropkick.

Also Undershooter, if you're not interested in keeping your Paderson, let me know.

• Like 1

Not a drive... My buddy drop kicks his driver. I should write a song - My baby takes the morning train... My buddy kicks his driver high and when he's done he throws it nigh the cart and then he kicks it back again.

It might be a hit! The only problem is that he doesn't look like Sheena Easton.

Not a drive... My buddy drop kicks his driver. I should write a song - My baby takes the morning train... My buddy kicks his driver high and when he's done he throws it nigh the cart and then he kicks it back again.

It might be a hit! The only problem is that he doesn't look like Sheena Easton.

To be a hit you gotta add the following to the song:  Your Mother, Your Dog and Your Truck. Then it will surely be a country hit.

I assembled the Kinetix Green in my Cobra Bio Cell and went to the range.....after hitting a few balls with my Project xv shaft, I put the Paderson in.....my shots were instantly straighter and a bit longer.

Today I started out with a pull but I noticed that I hit 11/14 fairways and most of them were about 5 yes longer. I really like the feel off the clubhead and the smoothness of the shaft.

Can't wait to give it another go tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

• Like 1

Foz it's not if it doesn't rain it's when it doesn't rain - you'll try to play tomorrow at a time when it's not raining because there will most certainly be times when it is.

Yeah, we only got 7 in......I was putting my drives down the middle of the fairway and was actually putting great. I had 4 Polies out of 7 holes...(a Polie is when you sink a putt that is longer than the flagstick).

Oh well, maybe I can try Tuesday. Then there is all of the following week when I am in Hilton Head.

Three rounds in at HHI and I note the following:

I am pulling my drives, possibly because the shaft is 1" shorter than my Project Xv?

When I do connect they are straight down the fairway.

I had a dogleg right yesterday so I opened the face a bit when I took my stance. The ball soared and then faded to the right, around the corner! So this is a shaft that should be controllable.

I just need to figure out why I am pulling most so I can stop.

No golf today due to rain....☔☔⛳☔☔

• Like 1

I looked through this thread and  talked with Undershooter about reviewing his shaft since he was not going to bag it. We got it all worked out his cost for shipping grip and tip and we were set. I got Undershooter's shaft today and pulled his tip adapter and installed mine. I directions say to wait 18 hours for a full set. We shall see if how it feels tomorrow. I'm really excited to get started on this review. 

• Like 3

I looked through this thread and  talked with Undershooter about reviewing his shaft since he was not going to bag it. We got it all worked out his cost for shipping grip and tip and we were set. I got Undershooter's shaft today and pulled his tip adapter and installed mine. I directions say to wait 18 hours for a full set. We shall see if how it feels tomorrow. I'm really excited to get started on this review.

Hope she works better for you than for me. It was a beautiful shaft!

I'll start with a quick update before getting into a full review. I will also post some pictures a little later. The first day I had the shaft put together I couldn't wait to go out to play. I just played 6 holes had to get home, only 3 holes were driver holes. Fist drive big flair to the right, so I through down another ball got that one straight around the same distance as my current gamer Gilfory Bi-matrix. The 3rd hole was a par 5 got that one nice and straight to the top of the hill inside the 200 yard stick. I have only been here from the white tees not the blues I was playing today. Next drive was a big flair to the right finished the hole and headed home. Next time out was a 9 hole round with 6 driver holes. I had a flair on 1, inside 200 on 3 but left rough, hole 6 was a bomb it is a dogleg right with some trees blocking the corner, went over the trees and passed the green just to the left side. The score card says 365 yards, but its shorter as the crow flies. hole 7 was a par 5 little flair to right played in from 18 fairway,  hole 8 was a little flair to right played from the rough about 70 yards out. Hole 9 was a bit of a hook trying to correct the flair ended up in trees chipped out. I think I finished about 6 over but wasn't really keeping score didn't try very hard to make my last putt on 9. With most of my shots going right to way right I needed to figure out how to swing this shaft.

Last night I went to the range it was self serve with no change I only had a $20 bill so I got the group bucket 360 balls. I started swinging lots of big shots some flairs some hooks some straight bombs. Remembering that you need a smooth swing I tried to smooth out my quick paced swing. Feeling like Hideki Matsuyama slow back pause at top smooth down I started rocking every drive. Every hit that wasn't a miss hit, my fault trying new things, carried the 275 yard marker easy not sure how far they were going, but they were long. I then started working some draws and trying slight fades. Draws are pretty tough to pull off right now, and the fade worked a little too much. I need a bit more practice but the shaft is working well with the smooth swing. I even tried the shaft in my 3 wood since I have the Ping Anser for both driver and 3 wood. A nice high ball flight consistently hitting over the 250 marker on the fly. I still had a bunch of balls left from the huge bucket so I worked through my bag down then back up. after hitting most of the balls brought he driver back out and hit some more even after hitting 300 balls the driver still carried the 275 sign with every shot. I will get some numbers soon, I have to get to a simulator, as well as some more on course feedback since learned the best way to swing with this shaft. I'm looking to lower my score because I have yet to hit the high spinner with this shaft and with my current game I would get almost no roll. Looking to be closer to the green on every drive.  

• Like 3

Fun to see the number of Paderson shafts at the long driving championships.

• Like 1