JBones

Forum Member Review - Paderson Shafts

I'm digging it when I get a hold of one hit one Sunday in the 380's into a slight wind, I think I caught a cart path. Today had a solid one out about 310 uphill. Still getting the flair though hope to get to a launch monitor soon to get some numbers.

• Like 2

I don't really have access to a real launch monitor, but i did go to a local simulator to get some number. I'll be the first to admit these numbers are inflated, but the do work for comparison. I tested 3 shafts at the 3 loft settings. My current gamer the Gilfory Bi-matrix, Paderson, and Stock Ping shaft. They are all x-flex. I took 10 swing each at 8* my normal, 5 each at 8.5* and 9*. When I installed the tip I set it up logo down at 8* setting as recommended by Paderson.

Lets start with my normal setting 8*

shaft compare 8.jpg

I am a pretty big hitter, but not average 300yrd carry big. I would say closer to 270 or 280 with the Paderson.

Next is the 8.5*

shaft compare 8.5.jpg

lower spin but didn't hit quite as well.

Finished with the 9* setting and was a little surprised.

shaft compare 9.jpg

If launch angle is correct then I got the best conditions with this setting. I also played a few round and didn't hit the flair to the right as much.

My last few round I have really enjoyed hitting this shaft and hitting it well. yesterday on par 5 7th I hit a nice draw a little farther left then i originally wanted the headed for the lake, but had enough on it to clear the water. Also on hole #6 a 364 yard dogleg right par 4 with a shortcut over some trees I cut the corner and hit the green the last 2 days including this one leaving a difficult putt. 

eagle putt.jpg

The hole was probably closer to 300 after cutting the corner,but I'm still pretty happy with the results. Yesterday I was on top side of the green and 3 putted for par to day I didnt have an issue making the eagle.

• Like 3

Regardless of the numbers being off relative to reality it was fun to see how they changed side by side with the loft adjustments.  Based on what I saw I'd think that you might want some more data.  I'm not quite sure about that 4 MPH bump in ball speed on the Paderson at 9 degrees.

Nice text though - thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Regardless of the numbers being off relative to reality it was fun to see how they changed side by side with the loft adjustments.  Based on what I saw I'd think that you might want some more data.  I'm not quite sure about that 4 MPH bump in ball speed on the Paderson at 9 degrees.

Nice text though - thanks for the info.

I'm not sure on that as well other than my best shots face wise with the Paderson were at 9*, I believe I had 2 of the 5 that went over 340 total yards just from really catching them on the sweet spot. That's also why the stock shaft was better at 8* I caught two balls really well on the sweet spot.  Most of the shots were around the center, I did get rid of the awful swings a I had about 2 duck hooks or right off the bottom of the face with each shaft. 

• Like 1