JBones

Forum Member Review - Paderson Shafts

We went from cold and snow to just plain cold to cold and rainy.... Michigan is brutal right now. I have been out once so far and have had awesome results compared to my gamer shaft!

Same here, just sporadic opportunities to hit outside, but not really any extended time to play.  Forecast shows a few days of opportunities over the next week, so my fingers are crossed.

• Like 1

Getting my review together to send to Mr. Theoo but had a few observations here relative to the Most Wanted driver tests.

I hit 65 drivers today. I'm clearly in the sub 100 mph group. Depending on the LM I will range from the high 80's to low 90's mph. My AoA averaged 3.6 today which is right around normal for me. My smash factor was 1.47, 206 carry, 233 avg. distance, 17 launch, 1 degree tilt left and that's without throwing out a shot. There was 1 stinker in there I would have loved to have jettisoned.

The guys who run Four Seasons golf were blown away by how consistent my numbers were. Last 20 swings I averaged 212 carry, 239 overall, 17.2 launch, 1800 back spin, .9 tilt left 205 side spin. They said, "don't loose that shaft/head combo, you're squeezing out every inch and evry shot is in the middle of the fairway with a slight draw.

I do have a question about spin rate, is the spin rate the backspin number only or the two combined, back spin and side spin(axis tilt spin)?

Interestingly my longest drives were launched a little higher and had a bit more spin, 18-20 degrees, 2200 to 2600 when you combined the two spin rates. These would carry around 220 and roll out over 240.

I only had one drive with a spin rate above 3,000 all day. I did get off to a slow start, I may have been a bit hung over, I'm on vacation this week and had a few drinks last night. Once I shook the cobwebs out it was great.

Bottom line, I'm significantly longer with this shaft/head combo than anything the guys in my category came close to in the Most Wanted driver test. And that was without tossing my misses, I'd say I would have asked for 2 perhaps 3 to be tossed.

I launch it significantly higher with less spin than the averages obtained in my swing speed test group.

I wonder if TMag got rid of the SLDR because they just couldn't get guys to loft up enough?

• Like 1

I feel horrible! I only have two rounds in about 50 degree weather. Snowed again Wednesday and it's back to low 30's in temperature. Michigan sucks right now (easy on the college jokes ohio folks)

Michigan sucks right now (easy on the college jokes ohio folks)

Must resist.....

• Like 3

Based on the weather in Florida this is about to flip.  It's been more like June than April here the past two weeks, hot, humid and wet. 

I feel horrible! I only have two rounds in about 50 degree weather. Snowed again Wednesday and it's back to low 30's in temperature. Michigan sucks right now (easy on the college jokes ohio folks)

You just can't make it that easy....

• Like 1

The exact two spies I was thinking about when I hit post..... thanks for not letting me down Theoo and Sever

• Like 1

I do have a question about spin rate, is the spin rate the backspin number only or the two combined, back spin and side spin(axis tilt spin)?

I've always wondered why they show side spin as an independent number at all. There's no such thing as back spin and side spin combined. The ball can only spin around one axis. The axis tilt is what makes a ball curve. I've seen LM numbers that show backspin, side spin, and total spin though. That's not an accurate way to express it of course. I would rather just see spin rate and axis tilt myself.

I would rather just see spin rate and axis tilt myself.

True....me too.

Unfortunately most people can't wrap their head around that concept.....tell them how fast it's spinning "to the right" and they get it.

Awesome review! Extremely easy to read, great use of photos, and flowed nicely. Glad to hear the shaft worked out well for you!

Thanks man...much appreciated.  I hope it helps some of the folks considering this shaft.

• Like 1

Mine should be up soon - I can't wait to see what I wrote........

Great job BK as always.  I'm hopeful that the pack are going to draft one of my Huskies in the first round next week - CB - off the charts athlete, actually set a world record at the combine for one of the jumping skills.

• Like 2

Nice review BK........like you, I also game the Bio Cell with PXV.....just wish I could get your numbers.

like you, I also game the Bio Cell with PXV.....just wish I could get your numbers.

That's what I think when I see Bones' numbers :wacko:

Thank's for the compliment .... and as far as stock shafts go, that PxV is pretty darn solid!

Great job BK! Very informative and enjoyable to read. Glad to hear the shaft worked out for you. I know the hybrid shaft in staying in my bag for a long time to come.

• Like 2

Nice review BK........like you, I also game the Bio Cell with PXV.....just wish I could get your numbers.

If my adapter works on the cobra you can give mine a try next time we play. It's the bomb Foz, higher launch, less spin, seems to make it easier to find the center of the club face, what's not to like?

I've picked up 10 plus yards.

• Like 3

If my adapter works on the cobra you can give mine a try next time we play. It's the bomb Foz, higher launch, less spin, seems to make it easier to find the center of the club face, what's not to like?

I've picked up 10 plus yards.

So you picked up 10 plus yards just by switching shafts? It's KINETIXX technology. I too was amazed by my results when I first got my Paderson shafts more than a year ago. The truth is, not every shafts fits everyone, but Paderson has a shaft to fit all swing types, even will hogue who puts up 150 mph swing speed on track man. It's strange how the shafts fit a broad range of swing speeds and swing types.

I have to echo what the Rev said about squeezing every last drop out my head shaft combo.  The Paderson has maxed me out I think.   There's no more left in the tank with my swing speed.  

It is now permanently installed as my gamer and I've only had one bad round with it, in high wind where I hit a bunch of hooks followed by slices and all high.   Curiously, I didn't lose a ball off the tee on what I'd categorize as an F+ driving day, but that's only due to hitting TWO OB fences and bouncing back in.  But the next week it was right back to normal, meaning very little sidewise movement in either direction, very low spin, lowish trajectory and a bit more distance than my last shaft.   Like Donnie said, is actually workable for me.   Meaning I can hit controllable draws and fades about 75% of the time.   I'm confident enough in it that I can aim at the left and know I can bring it back to the right.   This never has happened before for me.  I could generally keep a driver shaft in play by working with its natural tendency, but never switch sides with confidence that I wouldn't lose it.