JBones

Forum Member Review - Paderson Shafts

I have to agree, with my swing speed, the Paderson is giving me "all I've got."

I doubt any shaft can provide me with more distance, let alone with the control and accuracy that's delivered by the Paderson.

• Like 1

As a followup to the driver shaft evaluations, I suggest that Paderson replace ALL shafts we're currently using, for a full bag test!

I'll volunteer as a reviewer ;)

• Like 3

I've got a full bag of them right now.  Sold two Kevlar Green this weekend by simply letting the playing partners hit mine.  Irons shafts seem longer (distance) than my usual shaft by a noticable margin.  :-)

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind trying Paderson iron shafts either, but iron shafts are really a different animal.  You're trying to hit a spot, not all out distance.  I'd put much more weight into accuracy (both consistent distance and consistent left/right) than overall distance.  However; if I can pick up a half to full club of distance, with the same or better accuracy, then that's the shaft I want to play!

I wouldn't mind trying Paderson iron shafts either, but iron shafts are really a different animal.  You're trying to hit a spot, not all out distance.  I'd put much more weight into accuracy (both consistent distance and consistent left/right) than overall distance.  However; if I can pick up a half to full club of distance, with the same or better accuracy, then that's the shaft I want to play!

If the iron shafts perform for me like the driver has, that's what I'd expect.

If the iron shafts perform for me like the driver has, that's what I'd expect.

That's what my customers and I have seen.

• Like 1

the iron shafts are sick....I also just got the limited edition kNi 492 driver shaft...hoping to put this into play in a few weeks at the us open qualifier on a callaway x2hot

That's what my customers and I have seen.

I may have to contact you the next time I travel to the Twin Cities area!

• Like 2

I may have to contact you the next time I travel to the Twin Cities area!

Let's make this happen Bill. When do you think you'll be coming out?

the iron shafts are sick....I also just got the limited edition kNi 492 driver shaft...hoping to put this into play in a few weeks at the us open qualifier on a callaway x2hot

Good luck Donnie, which one you playing?

Let's make this happen Bill. When do you think you'll be coming out?

No definite date in mind yet, I'm waiting to find out if there will be any kind of MGS Golfapalooza in the Twin Cities area this year ;)

No definite date in mind yet, I'm waiting to find out if there will be any kind of MGS Golfapalooza in the Twin Cities area this year ;)

You and me both.

• Like 1

Finally got some course time with the Paderson shaft. After some loft and lie tweaks, all I can say is WOW! I will get working on my review and try to get it up by the end of this week. Really excited about this shaft!!!

• Like 2

I have struggled this year with my drivers....just cannot stay consistent with them....so today I shaved my Bio Cell and put the Powerbilt DFZx with Aldila RIP Beta shaft in my bag. I was in the fairway all day and stayed up with my playing partners. Shot an 86, with a double and two triples! Maybe I should give the paderson a try.

• Like 1

I put a Paderson shaft into my Tour Edge XCG-7 Beta head and it has proven to be a monster so far! The ball just GOES. Only problem I'm having now is i've had to play a pretty substantial cut for many years to even try to be in play so I naturally open my hip and aim left. Trying to relearn how to line up now but Ill take straight, left, and long any day over my old struggles.

• Like 2

I have struggled this year with my drivers....just cannot stay consistent with them....so today I shaved my Bio Cell and put the Powerbilt DFZx with Aldila RIP Beta shaft in my bag. I was in the fairway all day and stayed up with my playing partners. Shot an 86, with a double and two triples! Maybe I should give the paderson a try.

The Paderson reminds me of the feel of the Aldila RIP that came in the Cobra Amp, but, with a lot more pop!

• Like 1

OK, it's about time to post the full review. Here is a small snapshot. I currently use either an Oban v430 tour proto, or a GD P9003x in my 12* R11s. I am a very low ball hitter. I've been playing at 45.25 for about a decade. After reading about the stability of this shaft (in an x-flex) I decided to play this at 44.5. So, not a true apples to apples, but close. I've stayed off the Trackman, as I refuse to use it until I've p,aged the shaft. Here are my initial thoughts.

The BIIIIIG misses associated with my game are gone. I'm the worst 1 hdcp driver of the golf ball on the planet. If it's forward, and on the planet, I consider it a win. I certainly still miss, and totally still miss both ways, but the misses are smaller. My wife commented yesterday and today that I seemed to be straighter. Length? Don't really see a difference. At least not enough to jump out at me. I'll get it on Trackman after another 36 holes or so. If it continues to drop dispersion by 1/4 or more, it stays. I don't need longer. I need 2 more fairways per round. If I can put an iron on it in the fairway I'm going to shoot low scores. 68 yesterday, 73 this morning. I haven't tried to jump on it for an extra 5 yards. I will next round. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Hoping it's not honeymoon.

• Like 1

I'll have my full write up coming soon, just got back from a bachelor party in Vegas so the past week has been busy.

I've been trying to stay out of the conversations until I get it posted, but I'm curious if anyone else feels the shaft twisting at impact?  It's not the adapter, everything is installed properly and nothing is moving.  It just feel like every time I hit the ball I can feel the head twisting (torquing?) and I can't hit anything but fades.  I've probably played at least 7 rounds with it all with the same results.

I'll have my full write up coming soon, just got back from a bachelor party in Vegas so the past week has been busy.

I've been trying to stay out of the conversations until I get it posted, but I'm curious if anyone else feels the shaft twisting at impact?  It's not the adapter, everything is installed properly and nothing is moving.  It just feel like every time I hit the ball I can feel the head twisting (torquing?) and I can't hit anything but fades.  I've probably played at least 7 rounds with it all with the same results.

Sadly I'm with you hckymeyer. I've had a big consistent miss with this shaft and it's been a high spinny mega fade. I generally refer to it as a flare. I'm hoping something changes as I've put the paderson in time out for a week or two.