JBones

Forum Member Review - Paderson Shafts

Found this online. Padersons first long drive event, biggest field of year and finished 2nd place out of 52 guys

image.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like it captured 4th place as well, for 2 spots in the top 5!!

In a never ending quest for more distance I have noticed that I need to tee the ball lower. When I do that I reduce the launch angle a bit, to about 14.5 and get right around 2300 spin. It goes farther than 16.5, 2000.

Also there is less axis tilt so the ball flys straighter and I hit more shots on the sweet spot.

In a never ending quest for more distance I have noticed that I need to tee the ball lower. When I do that I reduce the launch angle a bit, to about 14.5 and get right around 2300 spin. It goes farther than 16.5, 2000.

Also there is less axis tilt so the ball flys straighter and I hit more shots on the sweet spot.

I've always tee'd the ball fairly low and used a higher loft than most, but that seems to keep me in the fairway better, as well.  I'd rather lose 10 yards and be in short grass.

I will say, the Paderson seems to make me longer with that setup, as well.

Very overcast today, 62* when I was playing.  Most drives were around 200-210, but in the fairway or short rough.

That's after a 3 week layoff, but about as long as I was on "good days" last year.

3 years ago I "strived" to hit 200 yard drives under the best of conditions, now I consider them short.  When the temps are 70+ I expect to hit 225-230.

That may not seem like much, but to an "old man" like me, that's a "big deal."

• Like 2

Every yard is a big deal at my age. I have found that I don't necessarily hit it lower when I tee it lower but I am more consistent. When I tee it high, I tend to do a little more spraying, but I can still hit it low at that height.

I should try a Paderson shaft, but it's a long way to a fitter that has one. After all the good reviews that you guys have given it, might be worth a trip.

• Like 1

Every yard is a big deal at my age. I have found that I don't necessarily hit it lower when I tee it lower but I am more consistent. When I tee it high, I tend to do a little more spraying, but I can still hit it low at that height.

I should try a Paderson shaft, but it's a long way to a fitter that has one. After all the good reviews that you guys have given it, might be worth a trip.

I've always prefered a high tee but I'm finding that the combo of the different COG and the Paderson shaft work better with a medium height. Just trying to do everything I can to scratch out a few extra yards particularly since I now have some extra 400 yard plus par 4s to deal with.

Yep.  New website with good info on the different styles, etc.  

I went through a period of not hitting the club and shaft worth crap, pretty sure it was more me than the shaft, but I did cut it down yesterday. I had left it long in case I needed to tip it. I was actually surprised how well I hit it but as I said, I had to make some adjustments and suddenly, I could not hit it. I hope the tropical rain will be gone in a few days and can try it out. I will report back.

It feels much better, but I did like the added distance of the long shaft, as long as I could hit it.

• Like 1

Still kinda seems like this topic just died?

That's normal got blades, there is a lot of great info here, I'm about to post my last follow up review but generally speaking reviews here are hot anticipating the review and right after.

That's normal got blades, there is a lot of great info here, I'm about to post my last follow up review but generally speaking reviews here are hot anticipating the review and right after.

Exactly.  The info is in there for readers to read.  You won't see a lot more comments but you'll see the "views" count continue to climb. Especially as more people search the web for info on Paderson.  In fact, if you Google "Paderson Shaft Review" the MGS page is the first link shown.

• Like 3

Still kinda seems like this topic just died?

Even though review threads generate less comments after the performance reviews, IMHO the follow-up review may actually be the most important.

How many times have we gotten excited about some new equipment and played with it for a few weeks, or months, only to take it out for an "old reliable" or flashy "new toy?"  I've done it far more than I'd like to admit, but they're my toys and I like to play with them.

The Paderson shaft is now the 2nd oldest piece of equipment in my game bag, next to my fairway wood/shaft combo.  Other than my driver head, hybrid, iron set, wedges and putter, I haven't made any other changes in what I take to the course on a regular basis. - lol

I'm interested in what gear really stands the test of time with a group of reviewers that tend to spend way more time on a golf blog than "normal people," and are obsessed with the latest and greatest golf gear.  

Some folks might even call them Club Ho's, but that's OK ;)

• Like 4

I would also be interested to know if Paderson shafts will be available for my 5 wood and hybrids…. I am 

truly impressed with the performance of this shaft.

Paderson has a full line of shafts for woods, hybrids, irons and wedges.

http://padersonshafts.com/overview.php