Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Putters i've tried this week......

westy

So my putting is still a problem and of course it's the putters fault (I know I'm delusionary) so With an impending birthday I thought it's time for a new flat stick!

So this week Ive been mostly trying putters at stores round the city.

First up came the Ping Cadence range; loves the centre shafted Tomcat (heavy) but I'm afraid to say I did not like the rest of the offerings including the Ketsch. Found all of them difficult to square, pushing and pulling lots of them - but the Tomcat was a joy.

Then worked through the TM DDL and Sider Si, great roll from both of them but felt the feel wasn't there and was pushing the DDL 2.0 quite a lot. Also just don't like looking down at them.

Then on to Odyssey. Wow I hated the white hot putters, liked the face of the Metal X but not the head designs. But tried the Works Tank 1w and I reckon that might be the best rolling Odyssey I've ever tried, face was just brilliant and with stock Superstroke it's a great offering. Go and try it folks.

Then the Wilson Infinite Southside, nice roll but stock length wasn't good and Id have had to have had that changed and grip....best putter they've done for a longtime I reckon.

So walking out of one store I find a Ping Scotsdale Piper TR with adjustable shaft in bargain bin - take it for a roll and it's as good as the Tomcat. It's centre shafted which I always prefer, can adjust the shaft done to 33.5 and it adds weight to the overall club. So I've purchased it but i know one thing; there are one or two really good stock putters out there currently. Can see one of those Works Odyssey putters coming my way one day!

Looking forward to the Most Wanted putter tests this year. Should be fierce.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

This has me cracking up.  "I have an impending birthday...................but I bought a putter on my way out anyway".  HAHAHAHA.  I do this to my wife almost every year at my birthday.  I tell her I want something, then go find something I like better and buy it.

Back to the actual topic.  I hit the Tank really well also.  I still haven't found a putter that can beat the 1st edition Ketsch.

My wife's Birthday is next month......Think I'll buy myself a new putter......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Best thing to ask for your birthday, GC to a local fitter.  You get to go get fit and truly know what fits you best.  Then you get to take said fitting and go buy whatever you want. 

Works great because your wife bought you the fitting, so she should understand it's implied that with a fitting comes new gear :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I would wish you a happy birthday westy, but according to my Russian friends, it's bad luck to do so before your actual birthday.  So, please let us know when that is.  However, I don't think it's bad luck to actually buy yourself a present any time you want!!  

I have "an impending birthday" coming up soon too.  Guess I'll start shopping.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Birthday is in two weeks....anything MGS, even a ball? Oh well I'll buy something myself!

Anyway, treating myself to a weekend in the Alps with a friend this week - birthday present to myself; Mrs Westy is 'buying' the putter!

Now what should my son get me......

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Birthday is in two weeks....anything MGS, even a ball? Oh well I'll buy something myself!

Anyway, treating myself to a weekend in the Alps with a friend this week - birthday present to myself; Mrs Westy is 'buying' the putter!

Now what should my son get me......

Golf is pretty good right now in the great Pacific Northwest!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife said that I should start a thread called putters I bought this week.  When I was in Vegas last week I picked up two flatsticks that will be coming home as soon as my admin gets them shipped to me on the east coast.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Nice work, I'm hoping that's the one club purchase of the year!

We shall see.....

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

My bday is in a couple of weeks too but this year I want a push cart. Since I quit playing hockey (I was a goalie 2 times a week) I've gained 10 lbs and plan on losing it this season walking the course ;)

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

My bday is in a couple of weeks too but this year I want a push cart. Since I quit playing hockey (I was a goalie 2 times a week) I've gained 10 lbs and plan on losing it this season walking the course ;)

....as in NJ Devils?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I buy myself birthday presents all year round, usually, golf, fishing or guitar related... no need to let the wife know. I find that once you acquire an abundance of gear, they don't notice as long as you can get it through the front door and into the garage without raising suspicion... Good luck with your new putter

....as in NJ Devils?

If that was the case I'd be a better golfer lol

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived