TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Odyssey #9 ProType this morning at PGA Superstore. Went in for some grips, tape and solvent and left with another putter.

Putters "happen."

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Putters "happen."

Funny, that is what I tell my wife when she asks why I need 100 putters.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I won a Scotty Cameron Big Sur putter cut down to 32.5" on ebay yesterday, but before i could select the button to pay for it, I received the following message from the seller:

Hello, Sorry to let you know that this golf club was messed up in an incident involving my wife, her truck, and several golf clubs in my garage. It happened this morning and I just recently was able to get to my computer. I do have two other Scottys for sale that did survive the incident. I'd be happy to cut you a deal on one of them. 

I can't imagine what actually happened.....did she run over the putters?  I asked if he could reshaft and he said...I'd have to send it in to SC headquarters and they would only put the original 48" shaft back in it and that would cost around $100 so not really feasible. 

Oh well, at least I don't have to squabble about getting my money back......however i can't seem to remove it from my basket, even though the sale was cancelled. Any suggestions?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I won a Scotty Cameron Big Sur putter cut down to 32.5" on ebay yesterday, but before i could select the button to pay for it, I received the following message from the seller:

Hello, Sorry to let you know that this golf club was messed up in an incident involving my wife, her truck, and several golf clubs in my garage. It happened this morning and I just recently was able to get to my computer. I do have two other Scottys for sale that did survive the incident. I'd be happy to cut you a deal on one of them.

I can't imagine what actually happened.....did she run over the putters? I asked if he could reshaft and he said...I'd have to send it in to SC headquarters and they would only put the original 48" shaft back in it and that would cost around $100 so not really feasible.

Oh well, at least I don't have to squabble about getting my money back......however i can't seem to remove it from my basket, even though the sale was cancelled. Any suggestions?

Methinks seller didn't want to let it go at the price the auction ended at. The whole "clubs were stolen/damaged" line has been used on people quite a lot. But he happens to have a putter he'd sell you for significantly more I'd bet.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

Methinks seller didn't want to let it go at the price the auction ended at. The whole "clubs were stolen/damaged" line has been used on people quite a lot. But he happens to have a putter he'd sell you for significantly more I'd bet.

I'm with txstcatman. I would watch this seller to make sure it doesn't get relisted. What did you win it for foz?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

What price did you win it at? I'd be willing to bet it was low and the seller is reluctant to sell at that price. It'll be listed again I bet. That's dishonest of the seller. Pay him and make him refund you so you can leave him a negative

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What price did you win it at? I'd be willing to bet it was low and the seller is reluctant to sell at that price. It'll be listed again I bet. That's dishonest of the seller. Pay him and make him refund you so you can leave him a negative

$120......and I was the only Bidder.

I am sure that you are correct......and he did offer other putters at a "really good price".....LOL

I sent him an email asking for a picture of the damaged putter, saying "maybe I can reshaft it myself"........we'll see what that brings.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Here's what he replied:

Hello. I took the club over to my friends house last night, he works on golf clubs. Wanted to see if there was anything we could do. He said since the face was scratched up and the shaft broken it was garbage. He said it would be much cheaper just to buy another used one off ebay than to try and fix this one. After a couple beers and bad words it was tossed in the garbage. Currently you are out $0, I'd recommended taking the $120 that you were going to spend on this putter and buy a long big sur and just cut it down yourself to the length of your preference and put the grip on it of your preference, they are getting cheaper by the day based on the new pga rules coming into effect in 2016. Sorry this happened but I'm also out the $120 I was going to receive for the putter after paying $190 for it late last year. I still have the head cover if you're interested in it. It's my last chance to salvage anything out of this putter mess.

Either he has a very vived imagination or he just might be telling the truth....either way i don't think i would have thrown it away....could have had it reconditioned.

Here's what he replied:

Hello. I took the club over to my friends house last night, he works on golf clubs. Wanted to see if there was anything we could do. He said since the face was scratched up and the shaft broken it was garbage. He said it would be much cheaper just to buy another used one off ebay than to try and fix this one. After a couple beers and bad words it was tossed in the garbage. Currently you are out $0, I'd recommended taking the $120 that you were going to spend on this putter and buy a long big sur and just cut it down yourself to the length of your preference and put the grip on it of your preference, they are getting cheaper by the day based on the new pga rules coming into effect in 2016. Sorry this happened but I'm also out the $120 I was going to receive for the putter after paying $190 for it late last year. I still have the head cover if you're interested in it. It's my last chance to salvage anything out of this putter mess.

I'd ask for pictures as proof

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I am trading in my Adams V4's for a used set of Ping i20s. I actually found I hit the i20's straight and longer and for some reason the V4s have game from game improvement to game destroying for me.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

tell him since the putter head is worth Zero, have him send it to you and cover the cost of the postage......   :)

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

tell since the putter head is worth Zero, have him send it to you and cover the cost of the postage...... :)

Lol

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

tell since the putter head is worth Zero, have him send it to you and cover the cost of the postage...... :)

Hah classic response!

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

I told him that since the head was considered worthless, send it to me and I'll pay the shipping...To that he replied:

The putter head is in a garbage can half way across town. For all I know it's in a landfill somewhere. Sorry, I'm not wasting any more time, money, energy on this putter. How about I send you a sleeve of ProV1x for your trouble and we call it a day?

I told him that since the head was considered worthless, send it to me and I'll pay the shipping...To that he replied:

The putter head is in a garbage can half way across town. For all I know it's in a landfill somewhere. Sorry, I'm not wasting any more time, money, energy on this putter. How about I send you a sleeve of ProV1x for your trouble and we call it a day?

like others posted,  track it, then blast him if he lists it again.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

like others posted,  track it, then blast him if he lists it again.....

Definitely do this. The whole things seems like BS to me. I would definitely make sure you can leave feedback if it is somehow relisted. He should have at least tried to send you the broken putter at a big discount. It was his fault not yours.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

He sent me a sleeve of Pro V1's....I 'll get them next week.

He sent me a sleeve of Pro V1's....I 'll get them next week.

Hopefully they aren't Noodles with Pro V1 stenciled one ;)

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Hopefully they aren't Noodles with Pro V1 stenciled one ;)

I think I could live with Noodles. Now if they're Kick-X THAT would be a travesty!

He sent me the tracking number.......so it's coming from Boise, ID and will be delivered on Monday.......He saod Pro V1x so it's a small price to pay to get me off his back.  I am going to follow his ebay and see if he relists down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

What's your set composition? PW 52 56?

4-PW in the MP-H5 and 51&56 in the T5s

Well... Bought them and still haven't hit them... Course they're headed out for a little TLC currently then will be reshafted with DG TI Onyx when they get back...

C6D11ABC-3BD1-4E5A-A824-12AC96870614_zps

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Triplets... (third is the red-headed step child that's in progress on a new finish I'm trying out)

DSC_1023_zpsuxknoayh.jpg
DSC_1025_zpsa8wsp7gz.jpg
DSC_1024_zps5nrr6xiv.jpg
DSC_1026_zpskjm47jxd.jpg
DSC_1029_zpsiaxmlukf.jpg
DSC_1031_zpslsvkp2x7.jpg
DSC_1030_zpscopo7tof.jpg
DSC_1032_zpsftgtfp59.jpg
DSC_1034_zpsm80grzci.jpg
DSC_1033_zpsl9tkpc7p.jpg
DSC_1035_zpsnhcqpk0b.jpg
DSC_1036_zpsgh44b5ke.jpg

In The Bag

Ordered 3 dozen 2 piece balls from 3UP Golf.....at 30% off and also got a nice shirt.

Great peeps to deal with...too bad about their going out of the golf ball business.

Bought a Black Scotty Cameron Go Getter staff bag... And My Girl towel and bag tag that all matches it... Also bought a Tejus lizard Scotty cash cover

In The Bag

Well... Bought them and still haven't hit them... Course they're headed out for a little TLC currently then will be reshafted with DG TI Onyx when they get back...

C6D11ABC-3BD1-4E5A-A824-12AC96870614_zps

What are you having done to these?

What are you having done to these?

Rawed

In The Bag

Rawed

Nice

I just bought a Taylormade Lambeau putter off of Ebay.  Im actually perfectly happy with my current putter but what with my Wisconsin bag that Ive made, how could I not have a Lambeau putter?

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

New bag...
9B2A40E1-5A1E-4BA6-BFF3-CADC8D56FCCA_zps
ED0E9BD8-5CD8-46FF-8C89-523A6B372C00_zps
1CF952E9-BBF1-481D-875B-0288117FA71B_zps
9424E9C0-B79C-440A-988C-14BE585F6C75_zps
0778A3DF-FB8D-499E-8E8D-AF78684528B7_zps

And I picked up some wedge shafts for a few wedges I have lying around...
0320A6A6-6046-425B-9C27-77CDE0C6B8FA_zps

Yes, those are DG Black Onyx... And 2 of them will be going in raw PM Grinds as soon as I get them back.

In The Bag