TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453499196.570792.jpg

It blends right in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Pulled the trigger a week ago on a Ebay BIN for Callaway Apex CF 16s, 4-PW.  Delayed the shipping since I was out of town till last night.  Arrived today!   I had hit them during a club fitting and loved them.  Sweet looking.  Scheduled a video practice session for tomorrow to figure out the yardages (they are really long, even adjusting for the jacked up lofts), and then to the course Sunday morning!  First new irons since 2009.

I have not played anything Callaway since 2004 and have never, ever, played a Callaway iron.  Will be interesting.  Updates to follow.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

It's time for an honest assessment in terms of buying things.

As of January, 2016, the best "woods" that I have ever owned were a set of four Titlleist PTs (early 90s).

The most hittable irons I have ever owned were Wilson 1200GEs, the complete set, #s 1-9, PW, SW, (early 80s).

I don't get rid of anything so I still have them. I obviously can't hit them the way I once did. I honestly won't ever see an index in the high single digits again. I want to hit modern stuff as well as I can, and just have a little fun with my friends. That's what golf is for me now.

I've presently got some good, new stuff that should take me to the imminent conclusion of my days as a recreational linkster.

I was never a great putter, but they won't introduce anything now that will help me putt better than I can with the collection of putters that litter my life already.

I just got new irons and wedges in 2015:

Epon AF-901______________19º

Hogan FW-15 _____________28, 33, 38, 43º

Hogan TK-15______________48, 53, 58, 63º.

I've complained that I don't hit them as well as some of my older irons, this including those antique Wilsons. Realistically , it turns out, at this point, I don't today hit those older irons any better than the new ones. That being the case, I can say that I'm all set for irons and wedges.

If I buy anything--anything at all--it will probably be one last "set" of metals. People don't buy metals in sets anymore, but I don't care. I used to enjoy have matching woods or metals, and I might like to have one more set. I don't need a driver. My strongest fairway wood has been my driver for some time. I did buy a driver, one of those new high-lofted "mini" models, and I can hit it ok. But I don't need one. Not where my game is now.

If I'm tempted to buy anything, it will probably be the Henry-Griffitts Praxis metal wood set--15.5 (which I'd use as a driver), 18.5, 21.5, and 24.5º. I can get the exact lie angles, lengths, and swingweight that I want with the shafts and grips of my choice. They're also very conservative looking, golf, dress, and grooming probably being the only ways in which I've ever been described as conservative.

I don't know that I'll spring for them, but if I spring for anything, that's probably it. Let's see how I feel.

Pulled the trigger a week ago on a Ebay BIN for Callaway Apex CF 16s, 4-PW. Delayed the shipping since I was out of town till last night. Arrived today! I had hit them during a club fitting and loved them. Sweet looking. Scheduled a video practice session for tomorrow to figure out the yardages (they are really long, even adjusting for the jacked up lofts), and then to the course Sunday morning! First new irons since 2009.

I have not played anything Callaway since 2004 and have never, ever, played a Callaway iron. Will be interesting. Updates to follow.

I've had the XR Pro irons for most of the season and I really like them a lot, they are easy to hit, and the ball jumps off the face, I think you will enjoy apex CF16's, they have a nice look to them.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I was looking at a set of Adams XDT forged irons 3 -PW with KBS C-Tapers $275 with no bids and no watchers. Put In the minimum at 9 seconds still got sniped.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I was looking at a set of Adams XDT forged irons 3 -PW with KBS C-Tapers $275 with no bids and no watchers. Put In the minimum at 9 seconds still got sniped.

Always put in an odd number of cents so people that bid to even dollars have to maybe bid twice. If you max is $275 then bid $275.07 or something like that

I really wasn't expecting anyone else. They ended up going for 279.99 still a heck of a deal for that guy. But that's a good tip I'll remember for next time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Do you ever use the auction sniper program? I've won (and lost) many a item that way

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Do you ever use the auction sniper program? I've won (and lost) many a item that way

No, my wife told me I couldn't have them so I wasn't actually going to bid but it was too good a deal. And like I said I didn't think anyone else was even looking at them.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

I've had the XR Pro irons for most of the season and I really like them a lot, they are easy to hit, and the ball jumps off the face, I think you will enjoy apex CF16's, they have a nice look to them.

Not a great day today for the first round with the new irons, but it wasn't the irons' fault.  A bit off on the tee ball, horrible sand, bad early chipping. Had two awesome birdies on the #1 and #2 handicap holes set up with very pretty 5 irons.  Only had one shot that might have been a bit better with a GI iron.  Put a good swing on a 9 iron, but a bit toward the toe, which I felt and it came up about 10 yds short and a 5 yds right.  All other shots were fine, except a few had path problems that I am guilty of.  Definitely the Apex CF 16s are keepers!  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I haven't bought anything yet. However, I'm traveling down the road to a new Cobra driver. I'm looking at either the 2015  Fly-Z or Fly-Z+. Today I'm posting a comment and initial sad experience and a happy ending. The other day I walking into the Pro Shop at my club where they had a display of drivers marked down. With this collection were both drivers I'm interested in. I picked them up and turned to one of the guys behind the counter and asked if I could take them out to test. I was quickly met with a terse... NO! I asked why and he said because they are new and not demos. I said "they are both covered in plastic" or "you can add a layer of tape across the face". Nope. They weren't going to do it. I commented that I'm a potential buyer that the club/pro shop is not user friendly and walked out to the practice tee. In my long history of playing golf and buying clubs pro shops used to always tape a face and let a guy go hit one. Granted this was before fitting carts came around and my club doesn't have a Cobra fitting cart. Later after I warmed up I stopped back by the shop to check on my tee time again and one of the assistants walked up quickly and had some tape in his hand offering to now let me go hit them. I declined.

Happy Ending

Later that day I contacted a small local golf retailer to discuss my potential Cobra driver purchase/fitting. He didn't have what I wanted in stock but jumped on my discussion and proceeded to order the two heads and a variety of shafts we can test out. He said when they come in he'll call and we can begin testing the drivers out. (indoors-Trackman) He also said I could take them outdoors and test them out. This guy at the retail shop is jumping through hoops while my club is telling me to go fly a kite. I have to admit that my club is poorly run/managed and I knew that. But now I'm thinking I'll not drop a dime in their shop anymore. At least not till they change their attitude. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Not a great day today for the first round with the new irons, but it wasn't the irons' fault. A bit off on the tee ball, horrible sand, bad early chipping. Had two awesome birdies on the #1 and #2 handicap holes set up with very pretty 5 irons. Only had one shot that might have been a bit better with a GI iron. Put a good swing on a 9 iron, but a bit toward the toe, which I felt and it came up about 10 yds short and a 5 yds right. All other shots were fine, except a few had path problems that I am guilty of. Definitely the Apex CF 16s are keepers!

Yeah, I love the irons, but sometimes the guy holding the irons is the problem.

Just added a 58* Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind to the bag. Still can't get used to the TK15 lob wedge and have been wanting to try these since they hit the market. Actually had two of them in order and cancelled when they got back ordered.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Just added a 58* Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind to the bag. Still can't get used to the TK15 lob wedge and have been wanting to try these since they hit the market. Actually had two of them in order and cancelled when they got back ordered.

I'm still bagging my 64. Love that thing.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Have a driver head on the way... An oldie but classic... Adams Launch Lab... I can't really get along with adjustable hosel drivers for some reason

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Found a mint set of used MP-54s at Golfsmith yesterday, 5-PW, with XP105 R300 and new mid-size New Decade grips. Hit the 5i on the simulator, rolled out over 180. Hit a draw, then a fade, then I bought 'em.

Took 'em out today. What feel! Mishit one 8i, but one par 3, hit a draw 8i to the stick, 10 ft over the flag: birdie. Another par 3, 6i soft draw 160 yards to 12 ft, but missed the putt.

Still getting the distances down. These are all 2* more loft than my other sets, but I love 'em.

Found a mint set of used MP-54s at Golfsmith yesterday, 5-PW, with XP105 R300 and new mid-size New Decade grips. Hit the 5i on the simulator, rolled out over 180. Hit a draw, then a fade, then I bought 'em.

Took 'em out today. What feel! Mishit one 8i, but one par 3, hit a draw 8i to the stick, 10 ft over the flag: birdie. Another par 3, 6i soft draw 160 yards to 12 ft, but missed the putt.

Still getting the distances down. These are all 2* more loft than my other sets, but I love 'em.

Love those irons.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Have a driver head on the way... An oldie but classic... Adams Launch Lab... I can't really get along with adjustable hosel drivers for some reason

Oldie but a goodie.  I think I may still have one of those heads lying around in the basement.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Going to try my version of the Jordan Spieth 3i. Picked up a Diamana D+ 92 hybrid shaft and I'm going to try it out in a Speedblade 4i head and see what happens.

If I don't like it I might throw it in a Maxfli Rev 1i just to mess around with.

Time to see if it's got anything for the champ... Wished I could just find another LCG head but no way I'm breaking apart the Elements and LCG I'm playing right now... Here's the combo I'm trying

3BD5C7B2-CD80-4DA4-882D-DF07C54AAB6F_zps

C79374BD-3302-4EB5-941A-D3097BB56150_zps

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Time to see if it's got anything for the champ... Wished I could just find another LCG head but no way I'm breaking apart the Elements and LCG I'm playing right now... Here's the combo I'm trying

3BD5C7B2-CD80-4DA4-882D-DF07C54AAB6F_zps

C79374BD-3302-4EB5-941A-D3097BB56150_zps

You'll have to store that in a fire safe cabinet, and make sure you wear a mask and gloves when handling.

Nice combo.......How's the Hzrdus shaft from Project X?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Of all the really cool, new, latest & greatest stuff at the PGA Merchandise Show, this is what came home with me. ;)

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15232-p2-putter-grips-what-i-brought-home-from-the-pga-show/

P2Classic.jpg

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I just picked up some KZG blades heads only 2-SW now i need to find some C-Taper X-flex to go with them. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Nice combo.......How's the Hzrdus shaft from Project X?

I can't comment on the models that are stock in a few drivers because they're a different, non handmade shaft. This one is a handmade version (the aftermarket) that I got back in September before they were released as one of their test team members. The shaft is a phenomenal spin killing shaft. It's mid-low launch and feels like a firecracker at impact. That's why I went to a higher loft with this head. I'm trying to find another Superfast 2.0 LCG around 10-10.5 to mate with that shaft as my gamer is 9.2 degrees and this shaft in that head launches too low. I will say this head will be pulled. I just can't seem to get it where I can feel the head. The hotmelt port in the sole is full and it's still only at D1. I really don't want to drill through the hosel to add more. Love the shaft though. It's an explosive shaft. There's a reason it leads the shaft count this week in Phoenix

In The Bag

Stopped at a local shop today while my wife was doing some shopping and picked up a Ping Anser F for $30. Have always wanted one of these since they came out and could not beat the price. All original and not a ding I the head.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Bought an Apple Watch today at Target.......it may lead to golf apps while playing?

Anyone else sportin an Apple Watch? If so, what do you use it for? Anything golf related?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Bought an Apple Watch today at Target.......it may lead to golf apps while playing?

Anyone else sportin an Apple Watch? If so, what do you use it for? Anything golf related?

Have had one since Christmas but have not used it for anything golf related as of yet. Really like it and it is great for the amount that I travel.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Have had one since Christmas but have not used it for anything golf related as of yet. Really like it and it is great for the amount that I travel.

Just got an updated iPhone, let me know what you guys think of the watch.  Hadn't really considered one until now - just another way to spend money that I don't want to tell the wife about!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo