TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Just picked up a new set of Cleveland 588 Altitude irons, 6-GW graphite A-flex. Only played 1 round so far but, I really like em.

Hitting at least 1 less club than my old Cleveland CG4's and very straight.

588 irons 1.jpg

588 irons 2.jpg

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Just picked up a new set of Cleveland 588 Altitude irons, 6-GW graphite A-flex. Only played 1 round so far but, I really like em.

Hitting at least 1 less club than my old Cleveland CG4's and very straight.

One of my Buddies has been gaming them for about a year.......he doesn't hit them far, but he does hit them straight!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

One of my Buddies has been gaming them for about a year.......he doesn't hit them far, but he does hit them straight!

Yeah, I don't hit as far as I use too but, I used to use my TM mid rescue #5 to hit about 150 yards,

But, the new 588's I can hit the 6 iron that far, in the cold. I'm hoping for a little more when it warms up.  It was only about 42 degree's Sat when I played.  I couldn't hit my Cleveland CG4 6 iron near as far and it always faded right. 

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

Back on Jan 25 I mentioned I was going to consider buying a new Driver. Either the 2015 Cobra Fly-z or Fly-Z+. Today the clubs/shafts came in and I got on the LM at my local dealer fitter guy. I hit a number of shot with both clubs. The FZ+ was set at 11* loft with the flip weight forward and fitted with a Adila Tour ADX-65g 4.5t-R shaft. The Fly-Z was set at 10.5* loft with standard weight that comes with it set in the rear. The FZ only sits in the rear on this model. I don't know what the removable weights weigh for either club. The shaft I tested for the FZ is a Aldila Tour ADX-65g 3.6t-S shaft. I'm comparing these clubs and their performance to my SLDR which generally speaking I hit very well most days. So why change everyone asks? Because I want to and because I liked the review and data MGS did last year in the Most Wanted Driver. My comments are not technical at all. Here is what I experienced today...

First off I liked the looks of the FZ+ slightly better than the FZ. The FZ+ has a slightly deeper face where the FZ has a more elongated head with less "pear" shape to it. I could like either club but today I'd choose the FZ+ on looks alone.With the FZ+ I gained about on average 12-15 yards. Some of my better shots with a gain of 20-22 yds. I'll take that anyday. With the FZ I was slightly less with around 10 yards average gain. Shot dispersion with both clubs was rather tight. In the middle mostly in about an 8-10 yard circle. Hard to beat I think and very pleased. The FZ+ is 1/2 shorter than the FZ. The FZ being 45" and the FZ+ 44.5". The FZ+ felt better hitting shots and quite frankly I could tell it was shorter than the FZ before we measured them. I know you're curious how far the LM was saying I hit these shots. My longest drive with the FZ+ was 244yds and about the same with the FZ. I don't really believe those numbers/distances too much. So do I believe my shot dispersions? Sort of maybe... because I generally play in the fairway but more to the left side due to my easy draw.

Tomorrow I'm taking both clubs and will play both during my warm-up and during my round. I'll measure my distances. I average 248-250 with my SLDR during the green grass season. Here in the winter with dormant Bermuda I get much more roll averaging more like 265yds. I'll take the tool with me tomorrow and might switch shafts around and play with the forward vs rear weight position on the FZ+.

Today I'm leaning to the Fly-Z+. I have two rounds to play over next few days so I should be able to get a good feel for both clubs. I might take them over to another club this next week and do some more testing at their performance center. They have Trackman with out door hitting. I like using a LM much more when you can hit outdoors. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I played both models of the Fly-Z today with mixed results. However... I'm giving the edge to the Fly-Z over the Fly-Z+. On the front I used the FZ+. Didn't hit one fairway. My drives were too low and I was hitting a cut. Hit one OB right. The club felt solid and had a muted thud/whack sound to it. I didn't like the ball flight at all. Early on the front 9 I moved the weight to the rear position but didn't see any difference in ball height. The loft was set at the highest position of 11.5d. 

On the back nice I played the Fly-Z set at 12* loft with the Aldila Tour Blue S shaft. My first tee shot went OB right. After re-teeing I hit this one long and straight down the right rough. No draw as I was expecting. The next hole I hit driver on I ripped on long and straight down the middle 265 yds. I was gaining a little more height but still not as high and with a draw like my SLDR.

On 18 I hit a good shot with a mid-height slight draw to 270 yds. Best drive of the day with either of the FZ's.

Tomorrow I'm going out to the practice tee and work with changing shafts in the FZ. I'll also try the FZ+ again. Alongside my SLDR.

Today's conclusion: I like the feel, sound and results of the FZ best. But still not as well as my SLDR. Also, I think the initial LM work I did yesterday was all BS. I have said and thought before that all the launch monitors in the world can't tell me what I see with my own eyes on a golf course. I trust my eyes. It's going to be hard for me to give up my SLDR. For now anyway.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

PJ- I have the Aldila tour blue in my FZ+ and love it

( my fitting was without LM, all eyes and feel), but sounds like you're SL DR still leading the pack. would you put blue in your SLDR?

I'm almost done finishing another Spalding TPM 12 putter, i'll post a pic once it's all assembled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

PJ- I have the Aldila tour blue in my FZ+ and love it

( my fitting was without LM, all eyes and feel), but sounds like you're SL DR still leading the pack. would you put blue in your SLDR?

I'm almost done finishing another Spalding TPM 12 putter, i'll post a pic once it's all assembled

No casey. Should my testing of the two the Fly-Z models prove to be non-starters then I'll keep playing my SLDR as is. There is no need to make any changes in that club. I'll go out later today and work with both of them a bit. Then tomorrow I'm going to select either the FZ+ or FZ and play 18 with it. We'll see.

I've got a like new Method 001 on the way with original HC.  Guy used it sparingly.  I didn't need it and I don't use that design, but it wa a good deal I couldn't pass up on Nike's best design of a putter so why not?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've got a like new Method 001 on the way with original HC. Guy used it sparingly. I didn't need it and I don't use that design, but it wa a good deal I couldn't pass up on Nike's best design of a putter so why not?

Nice. Love mine

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

No casey. Should my testing of the two the Fly-Z models prove to be non-starters then I'll keep playing my SLDR as is. There is no need to make any changes in that club. I'll go out later today and work with both of them a bit. Then tomorrow I'm going to select either the FZ+ or FZ and play 18 with it. We'll see.

Good point, if it ain't broke...

My problem is it is when I don't get a chance to play ( like the last 5 months) I keep connected by tinkering

Which makes NO sense whatsoever , but that's how my mind works

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

PJ, be sure and try the Fly Z+ with the weight in the rear....not quite the same as the Fly Z and more like the Cobra King LTD...according to some reviews I have read.

I have been experimenting and find that I really like the Fly Z + especially with the Paderson Kinetix shaft. Getting 10-20 yes more than my Bio Cell.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Just ordered a Carbon Ringo 1/4 putter. One day I will be like Jmike.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

PJ, be sure and try the Fly Z+ with the weight in the rear....not quite the same as the Fly Z and more like the Cobra King LTD...according to some reviews I have read.

I have been experimenting and find that I really like the Fly Z + especially with the Paderson Kinetix shaft. Getting 10-20 yes more than my Bio Cell.

Just got back from more testing with the Cobras. FZ and FZ+. I also had my SLDR gamer along as my reference driver. Well, today both Cobras lose out to my SLDR. I'm guessing perhaps if I go any further I'll need to try some higher launching shafts. The green shafts are low launching which I didn't know prior to last night. The Blue shaft is mid-height. I've also moved the weighting around front/rear position on the FZ+. I just can't get a similar ball flight to my SLDR which I love and which is reliable. Most of my shots with the Cobras are lower flight and I tend to hit them right. More like a push. Not a slice. It's possible I just got lucky with the SLDR since it's a stock OTR club so to speak. This SLDR is the one I got from MGS for a review a couple of years ago. Like many guys have said.... Why change?

Just got back from more testing with the Cobras. FZ and FZ+. I also had my SLDR gamer along as my reference driver. Well, today both Cobras lose out to my SLDR. I'm guessing perhaps if I go any further I'll need to try some higher launching shafts. The green shafts are low launching which I didn't know prior to last night. The Blue shaft is mid-height. I've also moved the weighting around front/rear position on the FZ+. I just can't get a similar ball flight to my SLDR which I love and which is reliable. Most of my shots with the Cobras are lower flight and I tend to hit them right. More like a push. Not a slice. It's possible I just got lucky with the SLDR since it's a stock OTR club so to speak. This SLDR is the one I got from MGS for a review a couple of years ago. Like many guys have said.... Why change?

The SLDR is gonna be a hard club to beat I think. I haven't found anything as good as mine

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

The SLDR is gonna be a hard club to beat I think. I haven't found anything as good as mine

See, I didn't get along with the SLDR. I played it for 4-6 months and just wasn't near as consistent as my LCG.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

See, I didn't get along with the SLDR. I played it for 4-6 months and just wasn't near as consistent as my LCG.

You have one of those drivers that's just impossible to ever beat it seems.

You have one of those drivers that's just impossible to ever beat it seems.

46 tries, 46 failures... Lol. I'm trying to find more of these heads now... The SLDR was close. I played it a while. Seems like I'd occasionally hit it in a dead spot on the face or something cause it's feel like it was nuked and then I'd get to the ball and think that's it... That and it just wasn't as controllable for me. I just hate seeing the fixed hosel continuing to go bye bye... That might be part of it, the bulkier hosel in the sight picture

In The Bag

Just ordered a Carbon Ringo 1/4 putter. One day I will be like Jmike.

Better start buying in bulk then.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Just got this email from Carbon Putters:

"Thank you for your order of a Carbon Ringo ¼. Carbon Putters is very honored and humbled by the 1st place award of MyGolfSpy's Most Wanted 2015 Blade Putter. Due to the overwhelming response to this award, our inventory of the Ringo ¼ is currently too low to fulfill all of the orders we have received. We are an up and coming putter manufacturer and are taking every step possible to get your putter in your hands as soon as possible, with the tightest specifications possible.

We are committed to keeping you informed with the progress of your order. We are working day and night milling the Ringo 1/4 models, right here in our shop just south of Denver, Colorado. At this moment, our best assessment is we will be able to fulfill your order in 2 to 3 weeks.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We are excited to get a Carbon in your bag!"

Pretty cool. Looking forward to getting it.

Just got this email from Carbon Putters:

"Thank you for your order of a Carbon Ringo ¼. Carbon Putters is very honored and humbled by the 1st place award of MyGolfSpy's Most Wanted 2015 Blade Putter. Due to the overwhelming response to this award, our inventory of the Ringo ¼ is currently too low to fulfill all of the orders we have received. We are an up and coming putter manufacturer and are taking every step possible to get your putter in your hands as soon as possible, with the tightest specifications possible.

We are committed to keeping you informed with the progress of your order. We are working day and night milling the Ringo 1/4 models, right here in our shop just south of Denver, Colorado. At this moment, our best assessment is we will be able to fulfill your order in 2 to 3 weeks.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We are excited to get a Carbon in your bag!"

Pretty cool. Looking forward to getting it.

The power of MGS in action!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Was killing some time yesterday waiting for my wife to finish shopping so my son and I hit up PGA Superstore.  I was able to pick up a slightly used tour issue Vokey TVD 52* for $34 and a 64* Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind for $65.  

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Was killing some time yesterday waiting for my wife to finish shopping so my son and I hit up PGA Superstore. I was able to pick up a slightly used tour issue Vokey TVD 52* for $34 and a 64* Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind for $65.

pretty good buy right there

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

A couple weeks ago I hit the Cobra King LTD driver at Golfsmith....Wow! it felt so good.....I was driving it 2- to 30 yards farther than the fly z on the launch Monitor.......BUT the price was $292 and that was a little steep for me.....However, I have been dreaming about the Cobra King ever since....and every time I see the cobra Ad on TV, Bam! I am thinking about it.does this qualify as "What have you bought lately?" 

Was killing some time yesterday waiting for my wife to finish shopping so my son and I hit up PGA Superstore. I was able to pick up a slightly used tour issue Vokey TVD 52* for $34 and a 64* Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind for $65.

Nice. I love my 64° PM.

Been rebuilding my club selections this month.
The only thing I haven't replaced lately are the Driver and the Putter. Everything else is new and bought at great prices.

Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons 6-GW New $164.99
588 irons 1.jpg588 irons 2.jpg

Cleveland Smart Sole SW New $79.99
Cleveland Smart Sole SW 2.jpg

Cobra Amp 4 Wood 16.5 Draw setting New $44.99 shipped
Cobra Amp 4 wood 1.jpg

Cobra Bio Cell Red 3-4 Hybrid set at 16.5 Draw New $49.99 shipped
Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid 1.jpgCobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid 2.jpgCobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid 3.jpgCobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid 4.jpg

Cobra Bio Cell Blue 4-5 Hybrid set at 22.5 Draw New $49.99 shipped
Cobra Bio Cell 4-5 Hybrid 1.jpg

Titleist Velocity AAAA Near Mint 50 ball bucket $24.99 shipped
Titleist Velocity AAAA near mint bucket of 50.jpg

Lamkin X10 Oversize grips 13 of them @ $0.94 each, total of $12.22 shipped for all.
Lamkin X10 Oversize grips.jpg

Nice Rex. Hard to beat those prices.

Nice Rex. Hard to beat those prices.

Thanks, if it weren't for the prices I would have left well enough alone...lol. I just had to do it. My old irons are almost 10 years old and my hybrids about 16 years old. It was definitely time.

Nice. I love my 64° PM.

I just need to get over thinking I am going to go right under the ball and it will be a nice addition to the bag.  

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I just need to get over thinking I am going to go right under the ball and it will be a nice addition to the bag.  

I have a 60 deg Cleveland Lob and I have a tendency to get too far under it.  I am hoping the 58 Smart Sole will help me out much more.