TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Well, Dick's kept spamming me with BF offers since Wednesday. They all sucked until today when it said 20% off + free shipping. For most, free shipping is pretty meh, when you live in Hawaii, it's the difference between making a purchase and not, on most of my purchases at least.

That said, ordered a Sun Mountain 3.5LS for $183, Christmas/Bday present for me from the lady. Hoping to offset most of the cost by selling my Hoofer14 :)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Go two dozen B330S for $60.00 with $10.00 extra off = $50.00

Plus I get $10.00 gift card.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Titleist Pro V1 & X $39.95 dozen & Ori Shop. There are limits.

Bought a dozen today maybe another tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bought another doz ProV1 for $39.95. Couldn't help myself.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 dozen Chromesoft for $53 on eBay. Feeling pretty good. I didn't need balls but I've been wanting to give these a try so I went for it.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I am sooo close to pullling the trigger on the Xdream pro model. I really want it in the tour model, but the wife will kill with that one, especially with Christmas coming up, maybe I will just ask for it then, but they will need to buy it now, so may move an early gift. Hey, my Anniversary is soon too, the way to a mans heart is a new putter.

Don't know your preference but there is a big difference between the Tour vs the Pro models .. the Pro has a face insert (ie. giving it a softer feel) while the Tour is full-milled (so a much firmer feel; louder sound).

I'd been using an Odyssey with a dual face insert for a few years .. and liked it .. but after playing the MLA Tour (milled) model I now prefer that.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Don't know your preference but there is a big difference between the Tour vs the Pro models .. the Pro has a face insert (ie. giving it a softer feel) while the Tour is full-milled (so a much firmer feel; louder sound).

I'd been using an Odyssey with a dual face insert for a few years .. and liked it .. but after playing the MLA Tour (milled) model I now prefer that.

I have the ProXdream and it's s great putter. BUT if you can work it out get the Tour, the “extras” are worth it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 dozen Chromesoft for $53 on eBay. Feeling pretty good. I didn't need balls but I've been wanting to give these a try so I went for it.

In my experience with them - they're long. That said off my wedges they were spinning too much. I sucked one off the green from about 50 yards out - it pitched about a foot passed the hole and rolled back about 20 feet off the front. My friends were on the green and said "damn, nice shot...nevermind!"

In my experience with them - they're long. That said off my wedges they were spinning too much. I sucked one off the green from about 50 yards out - it pitched about a foot passed the hole and rolled back about 20 feet off the front. My friends were on the green and said "damn, nice shot...nevermind!"

Yup. I know the feeling. I've done that a few times with the B330S but still love the ball. I've been trying to play more of a low, driving shot in those scenarios to manage the "suck"

The past few years I've played my steadiest with hex chromes so I'm hoping these are the same but better.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I did not pull the trigger as much as I wanted. I think I would prefer he tour model, and I ain't putting down 2 bills for a putter I can't try first.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Black Friday has already hit my wallet. Early access at callawaygolfpreowned.com if you call in with BF2017 code

BOGO Wedges and Putters

BOGO Fairways and Hybrids

30-50% off drivers

Sweet pair of MD3 wedges heading my way, with customizations, for $125 shipped

Only works by phone, so you'll need to have an account with them and make a call

Yeah, I hit that up, too .. three times!

Have found some great deals there, plus they always seem to have the most generous trade-in values. And they sell you a return shipping label (UPS) to send stuff back for only $4.95

So now I've added....

* 2 for 1 Cally BB Fusion 3W and 5W

* almost 50% off Cally BB Fusion "Heavy" driver - this is the one with the shorter shaft and a 12g weight (vs the standard 5g)

* 3 for the price of one new wedges - though these are less than "Like New" condition and are the older gen (pre-MD series) Forged wedges.

I have a Forged 54 that I like, but haven't played in favor of an older X Jaws. But the attraction here is these all have the same *graphite* shaft.

I've been looking at that Cleveland CBX wedge for the GI features, but I really like hitting solid forged wedges. And then it hit me like the proverbial light bulb flashing on - graphite shafts may be more forgiving (in addition to a little lighter which I'm starting to like as I get older) .. I'd always thought wedge shafts were just _supposed_ to be steel and that's it.

(Yeah yeah I know I can go to a fitter and have them work this all out but I kinda enjoy testing / trial & error / learning on my own, plus I could always trade the stuff back and it would be less than the cost of a fitting.)

These wedges also have more bounce at each loft vs my current ones, and I'm thinking that can help me, too, as I sometimes can come in steep on the ball.

All the woods have Recoil shafts, which I also have in my irons and PW. And all the clubs got new Golf Pride CP2 wrap grips (which I also have on my irons and PW) for no extra charge.

So _almost_ kinda starting to standardize things through the bag!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I was browsing Amazon deals and noticed they were in on the Bridgestone B330 promo as well. I randomly decided to click the "there's a newer model available" link and it took me to the Tour B XS page with a price of $37.49.

The price looks like it's still there if anyone else wanted to grab some: https://smile.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Golf-Balls-White-Dozen/dp/B075KC9VMR/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511624173&sr=8-4&keywords=bridgestone+tour+b

Have found some great deals there, plus they always seem to have the most generous trade-in values. And they sell you a return shipping label (UPS) to send stuff back for only $4.95

So now I've added....

* almost 50% off Cally BB Fusion "Heavy" driver - this is the one with the shorter shaft and a 12g weight (vs the standard 5g)

* 3 for the price of one new wedges - though these are less than "Like New" condition and are the older gen (pre-MD series) Forged wedges.

I have a Forged 54 that I like, but haven't played in favor of an older X Jaws. But the attraction here is these all have the same *graphite* shaft.

I've been looking at that Cleveland CBX wedge for the GI features, but I really like hitting solid forged wedges. And then it hit me like the proverbial light bulb flashing on - graphite shafts may be more forgiving (in addition to a little lighter which I'm starting to like as I get older) .. I'd always thought wedge shafts were just _supposed_ to be steel and that's it.

(Yeah yeah I know I can go to a fitter and have them work this all out but I kinda enjoy testing / trial & error / learning on my own, plus I could always trade the stuff back and it would be less than the cost of a fitting.)

These wedges also have more bounce at each loft vs my current ones, and I'm thinking that can help me, too, as I sometimes can come in steep on the ball.

All the woods have Recoil shafts, which I also have in my irons and PW. And all the clubs got new Golf Pride CP2 wrap grips (which I also have on my irons and PW) for no extra charge.

WOW, gotta be the shopper of the year. I guess that's taking advantage of Black Friday deals

Rick

Left Hand, 

So now I've added....

So now I've added....

Nice haul there!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

WOW, gotta be the shopper of the year. I guess that's taking advantage of Black Friday deals

Nice haul there!

Ha, thx guys!

But a quick update:

Went to the range today, and .. looks like the Fusion 5W is going back (and the XR16 5W is staying; has a Speeder 565).

Let the laughing commence..... ;-)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

The XR16 series is amazing. It feels illegally hot off the face.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The XR16 series is amazing. It feels illegally hot off the face.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah! I really really like my XR 4H, too.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Ok Mr Cheapo went shopping tonight at his favorite store Goodwill-- Found 2 Titleist Visors new $1.99 each. One new Titleist hat in yellow that matches my old Titleist stand bag $1.99. The big find was a London Fog full brim felt hat with leather band for you guessed it $1.99

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Ok Mr Cheapo went shopping tonight at his favorite store Goodwill-- Found 2 Titleist Visors new $1.99 each. One new Titleist hat in yellow that matches my old Titleist stand bag $1.99. The big find was a London Fog full brim felt hat with leather band for you guessed it $1.99

Not Mr Cheapo it's Mr Frugal. Sounds better

Rick

Left Hand, 

Not Mr Cheapo it's Mr Frugal. Sounds better

Thanks it does sound better. The golf shop I helped run and was a silent partner in  was called McFrugals my buddy Big John (RIP) who started it named it that--- His motto was "We save you money for greens fees"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Hi MGS, I just started playing in July and I'm a +20 handicap.

After discovering, reading and even having Adam reply to my emails, I relied on MGS for gear purchases.

Based on swing speed I went with a Wilson D300 driver a few weeks ago. I really like the feel of it, way better then the 2017 Orlimar driver I was using.

After using a real club I went nuts last weekend and retooled my bag. I got a new Titleist 917 F2, and Cobra F7 3-4 hybrid. Both feel like real clubs and the F7 keeps me in the fairway.

I also helped my short game out and got a ping ketsch mid. This club shaved a couple strokes on my latest round. Solid purchase for me because I'm trying to develop a forward press on the greens. This one makes you play that way. I immediately putted better then with my 90s but in great shape with a new black ping man grip Anser2.

Didn't get fit for any of them as I went the used and new on eBay route. The titleist was legit, at least I think so, and only 150 never hit. Came with head cover and an extra draw/fade weight. Even the owners manual explaining the setup came with it.

So yeah I take data serious and I saw myself get better after one round with the new clubs. Played with a guy who works at my home course and he gave me a big tip I'll carry with me from now on. Keep a solid tempo and don't rush. 1-2

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

After discovering, reading and even having Adam reply to my emails, I relied on MGS for gear purchases.

Based on swing speed I went with a Wilson D300 driver a few weeks ago. I really like the feel of it, way better then the 2017 Orlimar driver I was using.

After using a real club I went nuts last weekend and retooled my bag. I got a new Titleist 917 F2, and Cobra F7 3-4 hybrid. Both feel like real clubs and the F7 keeps me in the fairway.

I also helped my short game out and got a ping ketsch mid. This club shaved a couple strokes on my latest round. Solid purchase for me because I'm trying to develop a forward press on the greens. This one makes you play that way. I immediately putted better then with my 90s but in great shape with a new black ping man grip Anser2.

Didn't get fit for any of them as I went the used and new on eBay route. The titleist was legit, at least I think so, and only 150 never hit. Came with head cover and an extra draw/fade weight. Even the owners manual explaining the setup came with it.

So yeah I take data serious and I saw myself get better after one round with the new clubs. Played with a guy who works at my home course and he gave me a big tip I'll carry with me from now on. Keep a solid tempo and don't rush. 1-2

Good for you and yea, a solid tempo is a very important part of golf...   Glad you joined us and keep going with your comments and contributions. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

What a great post!!

So cool to hear Adam helping you out. But not surprised that's what he has founded this site on, information to help your game.

You are right about the 917 F2, it's as solid of FW as I've hit. The 18 degree is my go to club, never a problem hitting it off the deck and the 15 degree is a killer off the tee when my driver goes wonky.

Thanks for the update. Lots of good golf conversations all over the forum. Jump right in.

It's sad to say, but such a joy at the same time, to have bought another putter this week. I got a Betty Queen Bee 7 from a demo event that was still in plastic. This makes it so I know have 4 putters from 4 different brands. IMG_1901.JPGIMG_1902.JPGIMG_1903.JPGIMG_1904.JPG

It's sad to say, but such a joy at the same time, to have bought another putter this week. I got a Betty Queen Bee 7 from a demo event that was still in plastic. This makes it so I know have 4 putters from 4 different brands. attachicon.gifIMG_1901.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1902.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1903.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1904.JPG

Welcome to the Queen B family!  That's a beauty for sure  :wub: 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Took advantage of the Budget Golf sale and got a set of the Wilson FG V4 Irons. $250 shipped 4-G

Man. Maybe I should have looked a bit harder at that sale.