TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

I had some shop credit from tournament winnings last year and recently added the Cobra F8+ with the Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 to the bag  along with Cobra King Pro Black CB/MB irons in the 6-PW with KBS C-Tapers. If you haven't hit the F8 or F8+ yet you need to! It was around 35*F yesterday where I live and I was carrying it 270+ on the range! Also waiting on a 50* Vokey SM7 that I ordered at the beginning of the month and then my 2018 bag will be complete for the tournament season.

That's some sweet shop credit right there... 

I hear ya on the F8+ but if you're a +1 hc then isn't 270 carry about average?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Had to stop at Sam's club last night. Bought a PGA tour golf shirt $14.98 couldn't refuse. Would have bought more but they were sold out of every other color/design

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Not really in the winter for me, especially when its that cold at sea level. I'm only 5'8" and with my old Titleist 915D3 I was usually around 255-265 carry in similar weather conditions with rangeballs.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Not being a smart a$$, but Why do you think that distance drives handicap? Play from the tees that correlate to how far you hit the ball, Hit the ball down the middle, avoid penalties, and make a few birdie putts. That is how you get a + handicap.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not really in the winter for me, especially when its that cold at sea level. I'm only 5'8" and with my old Titleist 915D3 I was usually around 255-265 carry in similar weather conditions with rangeballs.

Ah... gotcha... nice to hear about the F8+... I have the F7+ driver and fwy and those are some sweet sticks!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Not being a smart a$$, but Why do you think that distance drives handicap? Play from the tees that correlate to how far you hit the ball, Hit the ball down the middle, avoid penalties, and make a few birdie putts. That is how you get a + handicap.

Yep... multiple ways to get to a plus handicap.  I noticed that he had XStiff shafts in his clubs so I figured he probably had a pretty high swing speed and carried the ball pretty far.... obviously I was wrong....didn't mean to insult anyone.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

How many 15 handicaps do you know carry it 270? Hitting it far doesn't necessarily lower your handicap, rather, longer carry distance is a byproduct of having a low index.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

How many 15 handicaps do you know carry it 270? Hitting it far doesn't necessarily lower your handicap, rather, longer carry distance is a byproduct of having a low index.

I actually know a few and play in a group that has a few guys who would fit the bill mid to high handicappers who bomb it. They just aren't as accurate and have other areas of there game that are lacking and keeping them from shooting better scores and lowering their handicap. When I figured out my putting and shortgame I went from a 5 to a +2 in about a year and a half.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Yep... multiple ways to get to a plus handicap. I noticed that he had XStiff shafts in his clubs so I figured he probably had a pretty high swing speed and carried the ball pretty far.... obviously I was wrong....didn't mean to insult anyone.

Not insulted, just don't believe that there is a direct correlation between distance and handicap. We all have opinions and having discussions is great. I tried to caveat my response to try and not come off as insulted or anything; guess I failed. With an 270 carry, he has to have a swing in the neighborhood of 115/120 which I will say is pretty fast. If distance drove handicap long drive contestants would be the best players.

Please explain. How does carry distance equate to being a low handicap? As a volunteer at an LPGA event that does walking scoring, I see many players with total distance drives in the 220/230 range that have low handicaps because they don't make mistakes.

While I don't know any 15 handicappers that carry the ball 270, how does that equate to the population of golfers and their habdicaps? I just have a small pool of golfers that I know.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

been doing a lot of reading/watching/listening on breaking 80 and the majority of time accuracy and putting are the keys.  If you can keep it in the short stuff/on the green and putt well then you have a really good chance at going low....hitting driver a mile isn't a requirement...no matter how fun it is.  :D

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Please explain. How does carry distance equate to being a low handicap? As a volunteer at an LPGA event that does walking scoring, I see many players with total distance drives in the 220/230 range that have low handicaps because they don't make mistakes.

While I don't know any 15 handicappers that carry the ball 270, how does that equate to the population of golfers and their habdicaps? I just have a small pool of golfers that I know.

I am simply saying that better players often hit the ball farther. They have better swing mechanics, which leads to more consistent contact and longer distance. Also, I think we can all agree that it's easier to stick one close from 125 yards than it is from 175 yards. Maybe it is a generalization, but most players with low handicaps will hit it farther...

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

been doing a lot of reading/watching/listening on breaking 80 and the majority of time accuracy and putting are the keys. If you can keep it in the short stuff/on the green and putt well then you have a really good chance at going low....hitting driver a mile isn't a requirement...no matter how fun it is. :D

Sounds like the two of us are trying to do the same thing. I was in the try to break 70 group but my short game fell apart and my game is going downhill. Been doing a lot of research on how to get back into the 70s consistently and the strokes gained/strategy approaches are hit it far as you can and hit greens. There is no distance label on far but it needs to be in a position that doesn't require a recovery shot. Kind of goes against the hit the ball to known distances strategy.

Been looking into the stroke gained methodology and the approach the the decade program advocates. For the decade approach there is an interesting video on Youtube that discusses an approach to hitting drives.

Sounds like the two of us are trying to do the same thing. I was in the try to break 70 group but my short game fell apart and my game is going downhill. Been doing a lot of research on how to get back into the 70s consistently and the strokes gained/strategy approaches are hit it far as you can and hit greens. There is no distance label on far but it needs to be in a position that doesn't require a recovery shot. Kind of goes against the hit the ball to known distances strategy.

Been looking into the stroke gained methodology and the approach the the decade program advocates. For the decade approach there is an interesting video on Youtube that discusses an approach to hitting drives.

Cool...I'll have to check the decade vid out!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Cool...I'll have to check the decade vid out!

Here is the link. I skimmed a lot of it, but the concept is interesting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ziCTTnmGPzU

So are some of the other videos on that channel. The one on commentators and Jordan Spieth is an. Interesting listen

You could probably cut ya out three or four good hats like that out of a burlap bag...  ;)   I wear one similar and it's getting close to that time of year.  In fact I will wear it tomorrow in honor of your hat pic post.... 

Here is the one I wear: https://www.tgw.com/aussie-chiller-bushie-perforated-hats?SITE_ID=W8865&CID=PLA&msclkid=edcfd64be58b1d7268e48cc5e9cf6e45&gclid=CMeg0vWwi8gCFQEPaQodRVYDRA

I'll be buying this one before the year is out: https://www.sunbody.com/index.cfm/product/328_1/aussie-tear-drop.cfm

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Still too spinny for you?

I just got on the 2017 CS train and put it in play last week. I was less than impressed but the sample size was small. I'll chalk that one up to winter conditions (even though the conditions were good for winter) but there will be no honeymoon here.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I didn't suck any of them off the green, but I was also playing like garbage. I hit 2 GiR yesterday :(. Granted, a few of them were a foot or two off - it was still only 2. They still feel nice and soft off of every club, but Graphene doesn't warrant the price hike IMO, the Tour B checks more of the boxes for me.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bought the “4 for 3” deal on the new Callaway Chrome Soft X. Here's my personalization

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection Model 6 

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Just picked up a Cobra F8+ fairway wood 3/4.

This felt amazing.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Just bought a Z765 5 and 6 iron that I am going to reshaft with my current 5 and 6 iron shafts, so the split set is no more for now. Really liked the feel and topline of the Z765 just a BIT better.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Went for my club fitting today and ordered a Cobra F8 tour length driver. It was no contest, clearly the best numbers all around. Now the hard part. Waiting for it to get here. For irons it's between P790's and 565's. So I figured I would give it some thought before making the choice. Decisions decisions!?!

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

I picked up some labels for my clubs.  You can put your name, phone # & email on the label so you have a chance to get it returned.   I left an 8 iron last year on the range and nobody ever returned it.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I picked up some labels for my clubs. You can put your name, phone # & email on the label so you have a chance to get it returned. I left an 8 iron last year on the range and nobody ever returned it.

I need to do this. I hate that someone didn't return your club. That is just lower than low to do.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I need to do this. I hate that someone didn't return your club. That is just lower than low to do.

Yea I was pissed to say the least!  Who takes someones 8 iron and never returns it.   :angry:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Yea I was pissed to say the least! Who takes someones 8 iron and never returns it. :angry:

Dam, I found an “Indiana” headcover on the road and brought it to the nearest Starter Shack the other day hoping the guy got it back.

No reason to keep someone's clubs or belongings. Just wrong.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Playing the Elixr OnCore ball. Loving it!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

The decision has been made and the winner is P790. Looking forward to putting these in the bag.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦