TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Picked up another Hogan TK15 wedge, a 51* to go with my 2006 Hogan Apex set. While I didn’t love the TK15 design in the higher lofts, for sand wedge or lob wedge for example, I do think the Ft. Worth and TK15 are a great design for the 3- Gap wedge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

On 5/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Grabbed up a new PING G410 7-wood to fill my ugly gap between 5I & 5w. It fits nicely!😁

Have had some chances to hit this thing a few times during play and man is it a great club for me. I like hitting fairway woods from the deck anyway and this one is no different. My gap between 175 & 195 has evaporated and I have high confidence that I can get there with it every time.

Had one shot (second on a par-4) from the right rough to a thin green protected with a long steep bunker in front that I did want to challenge and try to get over. The pin was way left and barely peeking out from the edge of the sand, but had no visible green to hit to. To the right away from the bunker, there was way more green exposed so I chose to hit it there even though it meant a very long lag putt would be required. One of my playing partners was nearby and I explained what I was seeing to him and stated that my intention was to aim toward the garage of the house behind my selected spot and if it went well, I should be on the green to the right. I executed perfectly and he was impressed. So too was I with the flight of the ball and it landed softly on the sliver of green right where I wanted it.

3-putts later...😖

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Bye bye Leupold GX-5i3. Hello Bushnell Pro XE!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Ignore the dirty truck floor but got an F8 with a PX Hazardous shaft for $120 today. Couldn’t pass it. 57989663768__08A41309-D2E6-4F81-96F1-5AD2C46EAE0E.JPG57989664791__E8AF3ED6-DD3A-4643-AFB0-BF1F8F390056.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

On 5/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, mr.hicksta said:

Custom 2.75" and 1.5" Epoch golf tees from Evolve Golf!

So you can get tees cut to your preference height wise?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

So you can get tees cut to your preference height wise?

No they sell packs that have 40 long tees and 10 short tees. I’ve been using the regular ones for years and decided to give the custom ones a whirl!

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀.     My Squire Strike Wedge will be sitting it's green butt in my truck toolbox for a period of unknown timeout......

Cleveland

Just now, Shankster said:

I looked at one of those at the demo day OG, they look fun! Enjoy the new tool!

It's a riot to play with!   I'll head out this evening and work with it some more. Tomorrow it will be put to  test when I tee it up with the old geezers at my club. 

Cleveland

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀

... Nice pick up! Not sure about sore feet but you now certainly have a "tasty" wedge. Butterflies have taste sensors on their feet, and by standing on a leaf, they can taste it to see if their caterpillars can eat it.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I picked up a Callaway SureOut 62 degree wedge.  My new golf course has mounds all around the greens and I could not use my bump and run style of chipping.  I went out yesterday and this wedge is fricking awesome! It checks up like a butterfly landing with sore feet. I was able to hit high soft shots over sand traps, little pitch and stop shots from flat areas and all sorts of fun stuff. The darn thing is slicker than a buttered down ear of corn on the cob......  😍🐷  WOW where has it been all these years 👀.     My Squire Strike Wedge will be sitting it's green butt in my truck toolbox for a period of unknown timeout......

I have been using my SureOut for bunkers.  I was horrible out of the sand because I played for 22 years on a course with no bunkers.  Now I get out all the time.  All of those big bounce wedges are great, but I liked the grooves across the entire face of the SureOut for those shots off the toe.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Nice pick up! Not sure about sore feet but you now certainly have a "tasty" wedge. Butterflies have taste sensors on their feet, and by standing on a leaf, they can taste it to see if their caterpillars can eat it.

So, just like Aimpoint... standing on the green, a golfer can taste the slope to see if their ball will find the hole.  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So, just like Aimpoint... standing on the green, a golfer can taste the slope to see if their ball will find the hole.  😉

... If you have wings? Absolutely! 😜

Not bought, but TMAG came to the party and is sending out a new M5 for me. The only issue is that it won't get to the shop until the 31st...they must have given it to some dude on a bicycle and told him to start peddling!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

59 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have been using my SureOut for bunkers.  I was horrible out of the sand because I played for 22 years on a course with no bunkers.  Now I get out all the time.  All of those big bounce wedges are great, but I liked the grooves across the entire face of the SureOut for those shots off the toe.

Yea it's a winner for me already and I can't believe how much spin I get around the greens with it.  We have some huge green side  traps too so this will shave several strokes off my short game.   

Cleveland

Bought my son his 3rd pair of golf shoes in 3 years. Darn kid won't stop growing. Picked up some Adidas Adicross spikeless for him that hopefully last until the fall. Also picked up a Maxfli glove for him at DSG when we were there trying on shoes. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

So I will be adding a new driver and three wood to my bag this week after some time with our head pro at my club. I saw him yesterday for a quick peek at my swing and was told to bring my old irons to the lesson and not my Rogue Pros, was not sure why but went with it. Dusted off the Titleist TMBs and went and hit some balls. He had noticed with the lighter shafts in my Rogue Pros my tempo was all over the place and I struggled on full shots. The heavier weight of the shafts in my TMBs corrected that immediately. The main point of the lesson was to look at the driver as I have been fighting a two way miss all season so far. Hit about 35 balls with my Epic Flash and just couldn’t feel it. He had someone from the shop bring out a TS3 and I was just smoking it. We watched the video of swings with both and there was not much difference in my swings with either just seemed the TS3 fit me better. Cut a trade deal with a buddy of mine for a 9.5* TS3 head and also worked out a TS2 15* fairway head as well. The driver will be getting a HZRDUS hand crafted yellow and the three wood will be getting my trusty Diamana blueboard that I have had in my three wood for years. So technically I didn’t buy anything but put new irons and woods in my bag this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

A P2 TOUR Aware grip in black/white and a KBS CT Tour double bend putter shaft in brushed chrome. 

Decided to rebuild my KZG’s with some R300’s instead of the R300 High Launch in there now. Figured I’d give them some bling so I ordered these. I think I’ll do the paint fill to match.

251DA140-F6D8-4C51-892B-2FE3A874C65D-942-000000A9D72E33BF.jpg

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

One of my golfing buddies at the office heard I was playing Bethpage Black in Sunday and asked if I had a light bag. I really did not so he cut me a great deal on a Titleist Players 4 bag and it is even in my college colors. Well worth hosting him for a round at my club next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Ordered two dozen more of the new MaxFli Tour CGs while they're still $25 on sale at Dick's (when buying 2 or more).

After only one round with them, I'm a believer - these balls are legit!

This time around I got the X version to try - which .. of course .. I should've done the first time, ie. get one dozen of each version... duh.... (but hey I know I can use them: "it takes a lotta balls to play golf the way I do!" 😆)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

21 hours ago, deejaid said:

Decided to rebuild my KZG’s with some R300’s instead of the R300 High Launch in there now. Figured I’d give them some bling so I ordered these. I think I’ll do the paint fill to match.

251DA140-F6D8-4C51-892B-2FE3A874C65D-942-000000A9D72E33BF.jpg

Please post pics of that when you are done--- I guess you are doing the "teardrop" CBs as I call them----- Don't see many KZGs around anyhow much less full custom

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Please post pics of that when you are done--- I guess you are doing the "teardrop" CBs as I call them----- Don't see many KZGs around anyhow much less full custom

Yeah, the teardrop cavity backs. I looked for the funkiest, 1970’s looking ferrules I could find. My Hogan’s and Wilson are all very proper looking, I figured it would be fun to go crazy with the KZG’s.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

On 5/20/2019 at 10:31 AM, ole gray said:

Or as we say it sits like a butterfly with hemorrhoids.😜

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 minutes ago, deejaid said:

Yeah, the teardrop cavity backs. I looked for the funkiest, 1970’s looking ferrules I could find. My Hogan’s and Wilson are all very proper looking, I figured it would be fun to go crazy with the KZG’s.

I can subscribe to that after all you are from California and California and funky go hand in hand------ By the way I refer to all hybrids as "little funkys" all hybrids look funky to me. We can refer to them as the Funkadelic KZGs from now on. Rock On

Edited by BIG STU

G

On 3/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, TSauer said:

Rukket was running a good sale, so I decided to pick up their 10x7 net that comes with a swing trainer similar to that of an orange whip. Can finally start practicing at home.

How much was did you pay for the set at the time? Is it holding up well?

Driver: :taylormade-small: M4 D-Type

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 2 Max 3HL

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Rogue X 18*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21*

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue 5-AW

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7 54*08M, 60*04L

Putter: Wilson Infinite West Loop

:Arccos:

I can subscribe to that after all you are from California and California and funky go hand in hand------ By the way I refer to all hybrids as "little funkys" all hybrids look funky to me. We can refer to them as the Funkadelic KZGs from now on. Rock On

Haha, I like that! The KZG Funkadelics.

I tell you Stu when I’m hitting the persimmons well I do, as George Clinton says, “get a little glide in my stride and a little dip in my hip”.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

4 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I can subscribe to that after all you are from California and California and funky go hand in hand------ 

... From Days of Thunder: "If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything."

You really need to get some good sunscreen for your neck Big Stu! 🤣