Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

14 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Will do. I sure hope I don’t.  Everything was a nice baby draw with the D version so I’m hoping at worst it will straighten that out. While some golfers prefer to eliminate the left side of the course, I prefer to eliminate the right.  I’m guessing the D version was what I should have went with but a straight up trade and a diminishing season sealed the deal.

There is a pretty long WRX thread about the SIM and SIM Max being fade biased. I have been tinkering to try to reduce the fade bias, just need it to be slightly less fade biased. Once in a while will hit a big push fade so far right that I wonder where that came from.

@yungkory - you still having the right miss with the SIM Max?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

There is a pretty long WRX thread about the SIM and SIM Max being fade biased. I have been tinkering to try to reduce the fade bias, just need it to be slightly less fade biased. Once in a while will hit a big push fade so far right that I wonder where that came from.

Well that isn’t what I want to hear as that is usually my miss. I have worked hard the last couple years at eliminating the slice that plaqued me for years. Now the big push fade comes into play when I get lazy. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Just ordered some Spyguy tee shirts from the main site in black and olive green. They're running a flash sale at $10 a piece for the next few hours and I couldn't turn it down. I did have to make two separate orders as ordering two in one order for the price up to $17.50 each. Glitch, maybe? Been wanting a MyGolfSpy tee for a while and finally got a couple. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just ordered some Spyguy tee shirts from the main site in black and olive green. They're running a flash sale at $10 a piece for the next few hours and I couldn't turn it down. I did have to make two separate orders as ordering two in one order for the price up to $17.50 each. Glitch, maybe? Been wanting a MyGolfSpy tee for a while and finally got a couple. 

I was talking to Harry today when I was buying mine; yes it is nice to be able to buy in person,  and he thought it was supposed to be $10 off.   I showed him the twitter post so I just paid $10.  He also mentioned that it was only supposed to be for one with discounts on other purchases.  Sounds like you worked around the system.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I was talking to Harry today when I was buying mine; yes it is nice to be able to buy in person,  and he thought it was supposed to be $10 off.   I showed him the twitter post so I just paid $10.  He also mentioned that it was only supposed to be for one with discounts on other purchases.  Sounds like you worked around the system.  

They look like really great shirts and I got pretty excited about them. Hopefully Harry won't put me in timeout for gaming the system. 😁

22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

They look like really great shirts and I got pretty excited about them. Hopefully Harry won't put me in timeout for gaming the system. 😁

I wish they had the winter hats in-stock. Getting ready for the colder weather.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Haven't played in over a month because of lockdown 2.0 but, probably!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Haven't played in over a month because of lockdown 2.0 but, probably!

Maybe the time off will make that nonsense go away 😉

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

1 minute ago, mr.hicksta said:

Maybe the time off will make that nonsense go away 😉

Yes, not practicing at all will magically make me a better golfer!

Time to get on Patreon and start a subscription service selling my secret for $8.99/mo

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Yes, not practicing at all will magically make me a better golfer!

Time to get on Patreon and start a subscription service selling my secret for $8.99/mo

Bump those numbers up and get that paper!!! 😂

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

On 9/14/2020 at 7:46 PM, Grand Stranded said:

The Rogue X irons I've been playing are so strong lofted my set A wedge is 46*. That forced me to change my wedge setup to 52* & 58*. Those two 6* gaps never felt right, and although I loved full and pitch shots with the 52*, I struggled on longer bunker shots, and the 58* wasn't enough.

Now that I'll be gaming PXG 0211 irons, I wanted a 54* & 58* setup. I went into the PGASS looking to simply exchange my Vokey 52* under the playability guarantee. That's when chaos ensued....

The salesman told me to try the Glide 3.0 first, and I'm glad I did, They looked great, felt lighter (which I like) and should be a touch more forgiving, so goodbye Vokeys, hello Pings. Then, because enough is never enough... I also tried the Evenroll ER5 Hatchback putter. Even with a 35" I was rolling it beautifully. The PXG Closer I ordered won't even begin to be built until 9/30, so I canceled that order and a 33.5" ER5 will be in the bag instead.

Yeesh!!! My head is spinning, and the 0211's won't even be built until next Monday. 🙄

How do you like the Glide wedges? I’m looking to replace my MD3 wedges and my first choice at the moment is the Cleveland CBX2. I’m in search of more forgiveness.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Every club I own now is either new or new-to-me outside of a putter and a Square Strike Wedge. Starting From the top:

Drivers: Tommy Armour Atomic, GigaGolf GXz (with a steel shaft. I wanted to try it), Honma TW 747 460 on the way (I thought I lowballed a bid on eBay since it was new, but won it)

Woods: GigaGolf GXz 15* (steel shaft), GigaGolf TRX (graphite) on the way

Hybrids: 15* F-35 Heater (eBay club caught my curiousity), GigaGolf GXz 17* and 23* (steel shafts), GigaGolf TRX 18* and 22* on the way (graphite, wanted better gaping at the top)

Irons: GigaGolf TRX Power Slot 5-PW

Wedges: GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*,55*,60* and Cleveland CG11 46*, 54* and CG15 60* (wanted to try a "scoring wedge" style PW)

Putter: Ray Cook M1 mallet

Fortunately, I bargain shop and (as you can see) play the non-big brand GigaGolf primarily. All in I'm still well south of $1000 on everything, but still I think I'm done for a bit. Buying clubs gets addictive.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

How do you like the Glide wedges? I’m looking to replace my MD3 wedges and my first choice at the moment is the Cleveland CBX2. I’m in search of more forgiveness.

I've hit the glides, they are nice. But they aren't a Cbx2... The new Callaway is probably with a look for you, but the CBX2 series are so easy to hit. 

The caveat to that is, they don't do well if you try to open them up and hit them that way. They are purely for keeping the face square. I tried a CBX2 56*, it lasted for 2 rounds. I just wanted to open it up around the green and in bunkers and it caused lots of issues, so went back to a traditional blade style for my 56.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

I just got the Glide wedges yesterday, and I don't want to put them in the bag until I get my PXG irons next week. There would be too big a gap (8*) between my Rogue X AW and the Ping 54*, so I borrowed two MD4 52 and 56 wedges from a rental set in our club's Pro shop before I played today. 

I had the MD3's in the bag for two years, and loved them. I also had a very brief fling with the original CBX wedges. I liked the 52 on full shots, but the SW just didn't suit my eye both in the bunkers and around the green. It just looked too bulky to me. Most people like them however, so that's a me thing.

The Glide 3.0 wedges strike me as somewhere in between the two. A little more forgiving than the MD3 maybe, and not as bulky as the CBX. Visually I don't think it's close. the Pings are beautiful looking wedges, and when compared to the CBX I don't think anyone would disagree they look better. 

I wish I could tell you more about the way the Glides perform, but I haven't hit them outside yet,  only in the store. Hopefully I can give them a workout tomorrow in our short game area before Hurricane Sally blows through.

Edit

@Thin2win I just saw your reply above mine. I couldn't agree with you more. You explained my issues with the CBX much better than I did. 👍

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

@MattWillGolf

Not to get off on a tangent here, but I honestly think the "forgiveness" aspect of wedges like the CBX and the new Callaway offering is very overrated. On full swings they might help a little bit, but the short game is a combination of feel and technique in my opinion.

I just think that if a player doesn't have the proper technique, they're going to blade and chunk a CBX the same way they would with a Vokey, and if he doesn't have the imagination(?) or confidence to try a certain type of greenside or bunker shot, he's unlikely to pull it off with a cavity back wedge also.

Edited by Grand Stranded

I see your point on the looks I the CBX wedges. I’m trying to not let the aesthetics cloud my judgement to override the forgiveness/performance. I love the looks of my MD3 matte black wedges. (I even customized them with paint fill (Testers Military Flat) .) But if I’m being honest about my game, I need the forgiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

2 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I see your point on the looks I the CBX wedges. I’m trying to not let the aesthetics cloud my judgement to override the forgiveness/performance. I love the looks of my MD3 matte black wedges. (I even customized them with paint fill (Testers Military Flat) emoji23.png.) But if I’m being honest about my game, I need the forgiveness.

Sounds like they're worth giving a shot then.

Now it's my turn to ask you... how do you like your 0211 irons? I can't wait for mine to arrive....

BTW I just saw your location. GO ORANGE!!!!!!

Sounds like they're worth giving a shot then.
Now it's my turn to ask you... how do you like your 0211 irons? I can't wait for mine to arrive....
BTW I just saw your location. GO ORANGE!!!!!!

I really like them so far. I only have 4 rounds in with them. I love the feel compared to my Ping G25 irons. I’m also in the middle of swing changes so it’s tough fully judge at moment. Shots are going left for the first time ever. LOL. Not sure why I love this game.

1 minute ago, MattWillGolf said:

I really like them so far. I only have 4 rounds in with them. I love the feel compared to my Ping G25 irons. I’m also in the middle of swing changes so it’s tough fully judge at moment. Shots are going left for the first time ever. LOL. Not sure why I love this game. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm assuming you're a righty ( I'm lefty). Have you always played your irons 2* upright? I was fit a while back for clubs 2* flat, and I was hitting everything left. I asked on this site if it was the lie angle, and a few guys said it likely was. Turned out they were right. I sent them back to Callaway and they adjusted them  Problem solved. 

Yes, I’m a righty. My Ping irons that I was fitted for were Green dots 2 degrees upright. So I matched that when I ordered the 0211 irons. As a life long slicer, I’ll take left LOL.

Two years ago I stumbled onto the only 3 wood I've ever been able to hit consistently well, a Callaway Rogue 15* with an Aldila Quaranta shaft. I've also been playing Rogue X 3&4 hybrids the same amount of time, and love them, in fact the #3 hybrid might be my favorite club in the bag. I've been thinking for a while about trying a 5 wood though, but I wouldn't do it until I found a Rogue with the same Quaranta shaft. For a Lefty that was like trying to find a needle in a haystack... until today!!!

I just picked one up in Like New condition on CPO. After trading in an old FW and wedge, I'm out $19, LOL. So I scratched an itch, get to goof around on the range with a new club that might work out well, that could end up in the bag.

Worst case scenario? It turns out to be meh, but I have a 14th club for the set I plan on leaving on Long Island when I go back up for the Holidays in November.  

Had a driver fitting today and ended up with a Ping G410.  By far the most consistent driver head for me, brought my spin numbers down over 1000.

Only problem is lead time for the driver is about a month.  Looks like an excuse for some cold weather golf before snow comes.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

6 hours ago, ED13 said:

Had a driver fitting today and ended up with a Ping G410.  By far the most consistent driver head for me, brought my spin numbers down over 1000.

Only problem is lead time for the driver is about a month.  Looks like an excuse for some cold weather golf before snow comes.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat here in NH. Probably only got a month left maybe a bit longer of the really cold weather holds off. If for nothing else it makes me miss the game a bunch and affirms my passion.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

So the day that I thought would never come has come.  My Scotty Cameron is coming out, probably never to return.  In it's place, this bad mama-jama...

1874867397_PutterPic1.jpg.008748dfea5383af6cf7e893175d55f6.jpg486514617_PutterPic2.jpg.86ff846afb328bea65faae6e2dc04bd8.jpg70183563_PutterPic3.jpg.58ec430f7704bd0d4f18723c45442a39.jpg1696767815_PutterPic4.jpg.652ef3ed45af6d410aca56c6ef9a490b.jpg570123147_PutterPic5.jpg.efb2e0a8911e2a60d3b72d4f6434ec81.jpg

EVNROLL ER2B.  Yeah, the MGS "Most Wanted" rating had me curious, so I picked it up having no intention of buying anything, ever.  Big mistake, an hour later it was in my bag.  

I did the responsible thing and got fit, and compared several others, but this was a clear winner for me. I like the look of a blade over a mallet, so a wide face-balanced blade is a perfect compromise/solution for me.  

I've gamed the Scotty for 6 years and was fit for that too, but 4 years ago I switched to left-hand low and haven't looked back, and about that time became a Dave Stockton believer, so a straight-back straight-through motion and a new grip meant the toe-balanced Scotty really wasn't a good fit anymore.  But, I love that putter and I made it work for a long time.  The feel of this thing is great though, and the Sweet Face tech is no joke.  Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

17 hours ago, ED13 said:

Ebay is your solution. or BST

Updated 07/15/2022

I just recently bought a Taylormade Spider Interactive.  Haven't had a chance to play any rounds with it but I have been getting in some strokes on the putting mat.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

image.gif.1a3652b120d19ac841acbe991483fbf9.gif

big order today:

Titleist T100 4-PW, dynamic gold x7 shafts, standard loft, 1* flat

Cobra utility 2i, tensei AV white am (2) shaft, 100g, extra stiff

all with golf pride tour velvet 360 white grips 

Edited by Chip Strokes

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour