Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

36 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

there’s no reason to have to choose between those two options. 

the used premium shaft market is insane. i have well over $1000 of shafts that i’m testing for my driver that i didn’t pay $400 for. 

I don’t want this to come off the wrong way. But that’s an incredible feat with the market as hot as it is.  Can you share on how you were able to find such good deals. I know BST is a great way to get better pricing but any other tips

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Gift cards used.  Trigger pulled.  STZ 3 wood, Ventus Blue 7x shaft tipped .75"

Looking forward to hitting it head to head on the course against my G410LST 3W to see if the hype is real

Was told delivery time should be about 5 weeks

Just now, RollingGreens said:

I don’t want this to come off the wrong way. But that’s an incredible feat with the market as hot as it is.  Can you share on how you were able to find such good deals. I know BST is a great way to get better pricing but any other tips

WRX Classifieds - best place to find deals on premium shafts

9 hours ago, c_zoid said:

Huge question!!! Are 350 dollar shafts ever worth the money. Would you rather have a couple year old driver with a $350 shaft or a new head with a meh shaft???

Like everyone else has said depends on you.

For me was worth every single cent. The feel for me is second to none. I have made different shafts work over the years for better or worse, but swinging different shafts has opened my eyes and if you can get a deal aftermarket for something that works for you then pull the trigger. Can always sell it after is what I say.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

10 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Gift cards used.  Trigger pulled.  STZ 3 wood, Ventus Blue 7x shaft tipped .75"

Looking forward to hitting it head to head on the course against my G410LST 3W to see if the hype is real

Was told delivery time should be about 5 weeks

I use it quite frequently. You have to be pretty quick but patient at the same time. Supply and demand is making it difficult to get optimal pricing. I’m also picky about who I purchase from. Raw length is optimal. Depending on what head it was installed in length could be less than what you are hoping for

Edited by RollingGreens

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

26 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

there’s no reason to have to choose between those two options. 

the used premium shaft market is insane. i have well over $1000 of shafts that i’m testing for my driver that i didn’t pay $400 for. 

As someone who blew too much money to try a shaft that worked "on paper" but ultimately didn't stand up to my gamer, I can confirm that this is a great way to score a deal as a buyer. I picked it up new in early 2019, have tried selling on 3-4 different forums (including eBay), and I can't even get half of what I paid for it. It worked well enough, so just keeping it as a backup / occasional change of pace instead of dipping way lower. In the past, I have picked up a couple $400-$500 shafts for the $125-$150 range on the secondary market. 

Just do whatever you can to watch for counterfeits. The more documentation you can get from the seller, the better. For example, I hang onto my receipts and other documentation to show it's (likely) legit. WRX seems to have a good amount of oversight on their BST forum, so I'd expect it to be reliable, but at the moment I don't trust eBay for high-end golf equipment (would definitely ask for authenticity documentation unless it's a known/trusted seller). 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

8 hours ago, c_zoid said:

@fixyurdivot full ping? i dont know about that

Jeez, I just realized what this means 😲.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

^^this right here.

@RollingGreens i tend to luck out because there isnt a huge buyer's market for the shafts that fit my swing.  lots of guys on WRX buy the TX versions of the high end shafts and quickly realize they can't swing them.  i come along once the listing has been sitting there for a few weeks and offer $150 for a $400 shaft that's been hit a handful of times.

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

10 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I am happily the winner of the forum pool on if you would actually purchase a new driver this year. 

As long as you hold out on irons for another 2 years I'll be able to put Xander through college in that payday. 

Oh great, my new irons will come with the millstone of Xander having to forgo Stanford 😦.  The bigger betting pool should be whether I go PING or Srixon 🙂.

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Wait, you mean everyone on WRX is not 120 mph +? 😂

haha! they are.......until they get on a launch monitor.

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I didn’t pay $350 for it, I paid $91.

This... is an awesome deal!  Mine is new and built to my specs but it was still $220.  The Srixon rep was showing me some of the XXIO drivers and shafts and what they were priced at... I feel like I stole my shaft upgrade 🙂.

2x Tourtrek 360 push carts.  

I enjoyed the fixed wheel Tourtrek cart I have.  My wife wanted a pushcart for Valentines day, then decided we each needed one 🙂   How can I disagree?  😜

648758256_ScreenShot2021-02-10at11_24_33AM.png.0419414388e5c92f8b0dc614560a626b.png

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Wait, you mean everyone on WRX is not 120 mph +? 

No no no. They do. They just have a smooth transition.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

BirTees came in today for use with the hitting mat and I can't wait to give them a try. I'll have to see if I have any old fishing line I can tie to them and weigh them down so I don't have them go flying off. 20210210_185642-01.jpeg.a6e9bebc99c9d403bdb13f97ea765dd6.jpeg

The small one may be problematic. 🤔

In other news, I'm waiting to hear back on the issue with the Grooveit brush. My wife emailed the company and whoever gets the emails responded they would make the owner aware of the problem and get back to us. 

drill a hole in the depression where the ball sits and tie the fishing link in a knot?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

drill a hole in the depression where the ball sits and tie the fishing link in a knot?  

+1.  cnosil types faster.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Probably a dumb question, but what is the fishing line attached to ?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Probably a dumb question, but what is the fishing line attached to ?

a weight on the other end to keep it from flying away.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

a weight on the other end to keep it from flying away.  

Makes sense 🤭

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

Arccos sensors came in today. Sucks that i won't be able to use them for a couple months but still excited to use them this season

20210210_181820.jpg

That's awesome! Arccos is both very humbling and extremely helpful. With the addition of strokes gained, they really give you good insight on where you need to spend time working on your game. I know you're having to wait, but it'll be interesting to see how you like them. 

9 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

^^this right here.

@RollingGreens i tend to luck out because there isnt a huge buyer's market for the shafts that fit my swing.  lots of guys on WRX buy the TX versions of the high end shafts and quickly realize they can't swing them.  i come along once the listing has been sitting there for a few weeks and offer $150 for a $400 shaft that's been hit a handful of times.

I need to get on WRX and start getting in on these damn deals.....only for this reason

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome! Arccos is both very humbling and extremely helpful. With the addition of strokes gained, they really give you good insight on where you need to spend time working on your game. I know you're having to wait, but it'll be interesting to see how you like them. 

Yes even for the mere fact that learning “coming up short” is very true and a very high percentage. You can say club up but on arccos when a 48% short stat comes up....you adjust 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I need to get on WRX and start getting in on these damn deals.....only for this reason

there’s so much good stuff haha. and it’s all brand new 

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

there’s so much good stuff haha. and it’s all brand new 

I need a TSI3 head in the worst way, I’m gonna meander on over I think and do some window shopping 

Check out my reviews:

WITB: