TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

28 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Ok guys here are my quick thoughts. I managed to get out and play 6 holes after work before running into a log jam and calling it quits. 

The combo of the ST-Z and Tensei 1K looks amazing at address. I will get a pic (I was too excited to hit it and forgot) but the gloss black to carbon on the head looks unbelievable in the sunlight and the rainbow Tensei is super cool. 
First swing with only the Sklz trainer for a warm up was a 10 yard fade into the first cut about 15 yards short of my normal spot. I had no one behind me so I grabbed another ball and hit again. This time I tried to hit a draw. The ball flew straight as an arrow to my normal distance on the right side of the fairway. At this point I like what I’m seeing. 

3rd hole is a 300+ dogleg left that I usually push a little left of my target and threw the fairway. First ball I tried to hit a big draw. Finally got the draw but it was a baby one that hit the slope and took off. Ended up 20ft short of the green about 20-30 yards past my normal spot. Now I’m really happy!

The next 3 holes were more of the same. Set up for a straight shot and get a 5-10 power fade. Set up for a draw and get a straight flight. As for distance, other than the 3rd hole I was seeing my normal distances of 280-300 depending on roll. 

I like what I’m seeing but really really intrigued by the X. I have fought for years trying to get rid of the left to right flight and even the power fades bug me. I can get use to them but I do prefer a right to left flight mainly because when I get lazy I end up with a fade instead of an push/fade or slice. 
Im gonna give it the weekend and see on the head. 

Now for the shaft for those interested. In the different heads it isn’t exactly apples to apples but the PO 50x/Epic Speed combo definitely feels softer than the 1K 50s/ST-Z. I could feel the PO load and unload very smoothly however the 1K just felt good. No load or unload just good. It is hard to explain and I plan on getting another adapter for the PO since nobody seems to want it and do a comparison in the same head. That head will be either the Z or X depending on the 3 rounds this weekend!

Awesome!! I’m really surprised you felt the PO load more than the 1k! I would have expected the opposite. Sounds like you found a great combo. Hope the weekend brings more of the same!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

40 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Awesome!! I’m really surprised you felt the PO load more than the 1k! I would have expected the opposite. Sounds like you found a great combo. Hope the weekend brings more of the same!

It surprised me as well.  Definitely gonna need more time with the 1K but I did have a thought cross my mind. Perhaps I should purchase a ST-X head and do a real shootout. I mean it would be more official that way right? Just gotta sell that to the wife!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

It surprised me as well.  Definitely gonna need more time with the 1K but I did have a thought cross my mind. Perhaps I should purchase a ST-X head and do a real shootout. I mean it would be more official that way right? Just gotta sell that to the wife!

It would be the *proper* way to provide us a shootout. 😂

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Ok guys here are my quick thoughts. I managed to get out and play 6 holes after work before running into a log jam and calling it quits. 

The combo of the ST-Z and Tensei 1K looks amazing at address. I will get a pic (I was too excited to hit it and forgot) but the gloss black to carbon on the head looks unbelievable in the sunlight and the rainbow Tensei is super cool. 
First swing with only the Sklz trainer for a warm up was a 10 yard fade into the first cut about 15 yards short of my normal spot. I had no one behind me so I grabbed another ball and hit again. This time I tried to hit a draw. The ball flew straight as an arrow to my normal distance on the right side of the fairway. At this point I like what I’m seeing. 

3rd hole is a 300+ dogleg left that I usually push a little left of my target and threw the fairway. First ball I tried to hit a big draw. Finally got the draw but it was a baby one that hit the slope and took off. Ended up 20ft short of the green about 20-30 yards past my normal spot. Now I’m really happy!

The next 3 holes were more of the same. Set up for a straight shot and get a 5-10 power fade. Set up for a draw and get a straight flight. As for distance, other than the 3rd hole I was seeing my normal distances of 280-300 depending on roll. 

I like what I’m seeing but really really intrigued by the X. I have fought for years trying to get rid of the left to right flight and even the power fades bug me. I can get use to them but I do prefer a right to left flight mainly because when I get lazy I end up with a fade instead of an push/fade or slice. 

Now for the shaft for those interested. In the different heads it isn’t exactly apples to apples but the PO 50x/Epic Speed combo definitely feels softer than the 1K 50s/ST-Z. I could feel the PO load and unload very smoothly however the 1K just felt good. No load or unload just good. It is hard to explain and I plan on getting another adapter for the PO since nobody seems to want it and do a comparison in the same head. That head will be either the Z or X depending on the 3 rounds this weekend!

Kinda off topic but I love my Skilz trainer--- A good friend of mine gave me one right when I started recovering---- It has helped me with my recovery plus smoothed out my swing. I practice with it daily even here at the house. When I first started with it only 10 swings at the time now I am up to at least 100 everyday. I go out back on my hitting mat by the shop and go at it have the rock and roll blasting out of the shop. I am in the shade too. Like it a lot better than standing on the hot range in the sun

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

16 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

It would be the *proper* way to provide us a shootout. 😂

I’ll be sure to let her know you stance on the subject. Maybe it will help🤷🏻‍♂️

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

19 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Kinda off topic but I love my Skilz trainer--- A good friend of mine gave me one right when I started recovering---- It has helped me with my recovery plus smoothed out my swing. I practice with it daily even here at the house. When I first started with it only 10 swings at the time now I am up to at least 100 everyday. I go out back on my hitting mat by the shop and go at it have the rock and roll blasting out of the shop. I am in the shade too. Like it a lot better than standing on the hot range in the sun

I couldn’t be more please with it. I don’t use it everyday but more for a quick way to loosen up before a round. The driver feels like a toothpick on the first tee but after that it’s no biggie. I can definitely tell that it helps loosen me up and slows down my transition. I honest don’t know how I got along without it for so long. 

8 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I couldn’t be more please with it. I don’t use it everyday but more for a quick way to loosen up before a round. The driver feels like a toothpick on the first tee but after that it’s no biggie. I can definitely tell that it help loosen me up and slow down my transition. I honest don’t know how I got along without it for so long. 

I carry mine in my bag--- Our scrambles can get slow sometimes and my back will tend to tighten up. I carry mine and stand off to the side and swing. I know it is illegal in a stipulated event but you know a scramble anything goes basically. If anyone was to say anything then I will slip my weighted donut on or swing with 2 clubs but somehow that thing smoothes out my tempo. Mainly it keeps my back limber. Took that page out of the Freddy Couples playbook

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

58 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I use mine to warmup before a round, and it stays in my bag.  I always do an equal number of swings right and left handed.  100 everyday??  Wow!  I guess now I have to extend my warmups to keep up with Big Stu... but it sounds a lot like exercise!!  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I couldn’t be more please with it. I don’t use it everyday but more for a quick way to loosen up before a round. The driver feels like a toothpick on the first tee but after that it’s no biggie. I can definitely tell that it helps loosen me up and slows down my transition. I honest don’t know how I got along without it for so long. 

I pretty much do the same thing with OG, I love it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 6/24/2021 at 12:27 PM, B.Boston said:

There’s a battle for a spot in my bag!

The Speedzone Hybrid will be trying to retain its spot against this lovely TSi3. 
20031FE7-F4D5-4463-B73F-33A588D80015.jpeg.8a24c0f8691ec9836830c4743c588cf2.jpeg

5A40D0D9-9A94-49BD-8E7A-B9CDA66B408C.jpeg.b51e1043aeb3497f301be715bdd026a2.jpeg

049B826B-B0B1-4415-8D90-FD4F6889595F.jpeg.a5f190e81774d1fccde894271e2f01ef.jpeg

Sort of going in blind, but it was too good of a deal and if it doesn’t work for me or @Lacassem it will find a new home. 

If the TSi doesn't work out let me know. Might pair well with my Driver and 3-wood

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

10 minutes ago, Curtis Atkinson said:

If the TSi doesn't work out let me know. Might pair well with my Driver and 3-wood

I got some time on the course with it last weekend.... felt confident enough to try to hit a high cut over/between some trees to get back to the fairway and nearly dropped it on the green.  So far the tryout is going very well in favor of the TSi3.  Might be heading to the range today to hit a bunch of balls too.

29 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I got some time on the course with it last weekend.... felt confident enough to try to hit a high cut over/between some trees to get back to the fairway and nearly dropped it on the green.  So far the tryout is going very well in favor of the TSi3.  Might be heading to the range today to hit a bunch of balls too.

You going to hit like 2.5 buckets worth right?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

12 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

You going to hit like 2.5 buckets worth right?

😂😂😂 of course. I don’t get tired until the 4th or 5th. And that’s only if it’s all drivers. Wedge practice is for fools. 

I still don’t know how my brother hit a large bucket and then two small with just the driver… I need to find him a you tube video that hacking away after your tired isn’t good for you. Because he won’t listen to me say it, but if it’s on the internet it must be true. 

28 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

😂😂😂 of course. I don’t get tired until the 4th or 5th. And that’s only if it’s all drivers. Wedge practice is for fools. 

I still don’t know how my brother hit a large bucket and then two small with just the driver… I need to find him a you tube video that hacking away after your tired isn’t good for you. Because he won’t listen to me say it, but if it’s on the internet it must be true. 

Yeah I feel like those don't exist yet, I am sure there are some practice videos about how to do it. The best part is that this was the day before playing 63 holes in two days.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I use mine to warmup before a round, and it stays in my bag.  I always do an equal number of swings right and left handed.  100 everyday??  Wow!  I guess now I have to extend my warmups to keep up with Big Stu... but it sounds a lot like exercise!!  😬

The days I am going to play I do not swing it that much. For me it is exercize therapy. Oh at this stage on 100 swings i could not play 9 holes. But it has strengthened my core as the Docs wanted. IMHO It has done me more good than all the PT I did at the therapy place. Besides I like using it by myself at my house in the shade. 

G

A couple of months ago I found a good deal on a very lightly used Titleist TS2 16.5 fairway wood.  It came with the stock Kuro Kage shaft in senior flex, but I thought that maybe I should be using a senior flex.  I tried it for a few weeks on the course; when rhythm and tempo were correct, I hit it pretty well.  The problem was that rhythm and tempo was not what I like to use; shaft was too light and flexible and I struggled.

I thought about getting rid of it, but decided to try a different a different shaft first.  Last week I bought a Mitsubishi Diamana M+60 with Dialead fiber in regular flex that came from the same Titleist head.  What a difference!!  Easiest FW to hit off the turf I have ever had... at this moment anyway.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Time to get weird for July 4th weekend I do think... time to bridge the great divide.

20210702_142509.jpg

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Purchase the shaft and ferrules and Winn grips and put my jpx 900 HM heads on them ended up finishing putting on the grips today. DF34FE5B-3BC8-4B78-BE4D-C0C92473BAC9.jpeg.dd86d526e542da7b23428ca8978b38c3.jpegB5BF80FE-A2BD-48FC-97D6-D7BAFCFB2C6A.jpeg.61c2cec8ae065af4c182105f595a64bf.jpeg

680A8C51-FDC6-4905-9CF8-FC51CF96E5BB.jpeg

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A couple of months ago I found a good deal on a very lightly used Titleist TS2 16.5 fairway wood.  It came with the stock Kuro Kage shaft in senior flex, but I thought that maybe I should be using a senior flex.  I tried it for a few weeks on the course; when rhythm and tempo were correct, I hit it pretty well.  The problem was that rhythm and tempo was not what I like to use; shaft was too light and flexible and I struggled.

I thought about getting rid of it, but decided to try a different a different shaft first.  Last week I bought a Mitsubishi Diamana M+60 with Dialead fiber in regular flex that came from the same Titleist head.  What a difference!!  Easiest FW to hit off the turf I have ever had... at this moment anyway.

Kinda like my V-Steel 3 wood---- One of my scramble buds talked me into a 3 wood--- I had not been getting much out of the Adams 16* I had carried for several years. I knew I had a pretty decent head in the V-Steel box-- Looked over in my fairway wood bag. Saw this old V-Steel 3 wood rough as a night in the county jail. Got to looking it had a old NVS green 65 R shaft. I figgured it out that thing came off the scrap pile. Like I said rough but a good Tour Wrap grip that cleaned up great. I did add one strip of lead tape on the sole at the heel side like I do all my other V-Steels. That thing is a pocket rocket!! LOL so rough that it does not have a ferrule. I was going to cheat and use a 2 piece on it but decided it hit good like it was and even that little ferrule may throw it off. 

G

On 7/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, edingc said:

It seems to be getting harder to find waterproof spiked shoes for less than $150. Snagged these a few days ago. Feel really nice. 

New Balance Striker v2

IMG_03072021_103405_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.c37086ca294a479d70031d6d3a412d8d.jpg

Played my first round with these and liked them so much that I ordered the red/gray color way and then the black color way in the more expensive "Fresh Foam" line. With Rock Bottom Golf's 15 percent off code I ended up getting the two pairs of shoes for just under $200 with tax and delivery.

A few weeks ago I was contemplating paying almost $200 for a pair of Adidas, so to get three pairs of water proof shoes for <$300 is huge.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Interesting. My New balance are hit and miss when it comes to water and it really wore on the heel for me. Shoulda used a shoe horn. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

30 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Interesting. My New balance are hit and miss when it comes to water and it really wore on the heel for me. Shoulda used a shoe horn. 

We'll see how they hold up. Bought the three pairs so that I could rotate them and hopefully prolong their life.

I've had three pairs of Puma PWRADPTs and have not had great experiences. The sole of the first BOA pair I had literally disintegrated after about 35 rounds and the cleats came out. They were water proof for about 10 rounds. The replacement pair hasn't disintegrated, but are not waterproof at all. I wore the heel of the third, laced, pair that I won on here out after about 20 rounds.

Hoping to find something similar to an old pair of Adidas I have. Paid something like $70 for them back in 2011 and they are still going strong, and are even mostly waterproof at this point. Hoping to retire them to yard shoes with all of the new pairs.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

We'll see how they hold up. Bought the three pairs so that I could rotate them and hopefully prolong their life.

I've had three pairs of Puma PWRADPTs and have not had great experiences. The sole of the first BOA pair I had literally disintegrated after about 35 rounds and the cleats came out. They were water proof for about 10 rounds. The replacement pair hasn't disintegrated, but are not waterproof at all. I wore the heel of the third, laced, pair that I won on here out after about 20 rounds.

Hoping to find something similar to an old pair of Adidas I have. Paid something like $70 for them back in 2011 and they are still going strong, and are even mostly waterproof at this point. Hoping to retire them to yard shoes with all of the new pairs.

... I have the opposite problem with my Ecco Biom's. I rotate 4 pair of cream/gray/black/brown (although I wear some much more than others) but bought 2 new pair of the cream colored Biom's when they were 60% off because my cream Biom's are 3 going on 4 years old BUT they won't wear out! Starting to crack a little after spending so much time in the Phoenix sun but they are still comfortable and supportive. I don't really need waterproof here but I got rained on for 45 minutes last week and the Gore Tex kept my feet completely dry. I do condition them regularly so maybe I stop doing that so I can finally replace them! 🤪

Biom.JPG.588c081ba25ae67d3b02d06c1f7b814b.JPG2039727238_Biom2.JPG.c6eed743ba01ed7f208c3898f9c5235c.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I apparently developed a phobia with my i500 6 iron. Started off hitting it well, then hit it poorly 1 time and that was the start of hating to br in that range. I was walking through the PGA Tour Superstore, (really, it was on my way to work and only went 15 miles out of the way.😜) and they had a Ping G425Max 6 hybrid in their Premium PreOwned rack for $50 off. Honestly it looked brand new. 

Long story short, I made 3 birdies with it Saturday and won $70. Well, I hit a drive that got me in the fairway and I made 4’, 10’, and 15’ birdie putts. Every time I hit it, I was rewarded with high straight ball flights and 4-12” of roll out. 

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I have been wanting one of these for a while, I've hit this shaft in my friends clubs and love it. Picked it up on ebay with a Callaway adapter and a midsize GP CP2 grip.  50 g Regular flex, perfect for me. 

UST_Mamiya_Helium_Black_600x.jpg?v=15821

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

4 hours ago, edingc said:

I have had a pair of New Balance soft spikes going on 2 years now, so about 30 rounds or so, and I generally am a dew sweeper. Still water proof, comfortable, and no serious wear at all. Hope you have the same experience.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:19 PM, blackngold_blood said:

After 2 of my 3 rounds this weekend, I gotta be honest to myself. The 1K doesn’t do anything for me that the PO doesn’t do. Launch and spin seem the same as well as distance and dispersion. As someone who prefers to feel the shaft load, the edge goes to the PO surprisingly.  Gonna give it another shot tomorrow but will more than likely have it for sale shortly. Maybe a trade for a Ventus Red 5R/S.  

Just ordered a set of Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 in midsize, plus a couple of extras.  Ordered them in gray/red.

M4TS-60R-MC0-XA-3_Y45-Z90 (1000x1000_300dpi).jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug