Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

11 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Nice putter now I am going to ask something out of ignorance. Is it set up as say an arm lock or set up like a regular putter? I am familiar with the loft set up whether one forward presses or not. But I was mainly curious just all

It’s 34.5” long but I will be cutting it down to 33” as that is where I’m currently at with my other putter.  I thought about armlock but I’d like to try one in store before making that leap. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Thr guy hadn’t even made a mortgage payment yet and he already hated them. 🙄

... I was a snowbird for one season to see if I wanted to move to Phoenix full time. The one thing I don't care for about snowbirds is driving up the price to play during the winter. Courses I can play for $39-49 during the summer cost $250 - $350 during the winter. Kinda goes with the territory because with plenty of sunshine and warm weather it is perfect conditions to play all winter and there will be those coming down for a long weekend, a week or a little longer That are willing to pay the $250+ to play because it is soooooo cold at home. As the saying goes, don't hate the player hate the game. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

LOL there are a bunch of folks like that down here. There is a little Murrells Inlet group on FB full of those types. A guy that I met on there is now a permanent Shootout partner and moved around the corner from me. He is from Ohio. I met him after he closed and was seeking local info and I helped him and we became friends. Now he is not like that. But he did catch some crap on that site and he figured out that it was not from the Southern born and bred folks like myself but fellow "Yankees". Yeah some of the transplants like to play off like they have been down here all their life. I got into it with one such over the pine tree pollen. I drew him out though. Found out he was from NY and had lived in Charlotte for a few years before coming here. I only mentioned the fact I was North Charlotte born and bred and he shut up. Yeah some of them think since they have moved here no others even from their home state should move down. I noticed after I called him out most of my posts were shut down for commenting rather quickly

I got off that FB site told them I did not need their sanctimonious "plastic" BS. I have no problems with anyone as long as they do not act like a Richard Noggin and I could give 2 hoots less where they were originally from as long as they act like decent human beings. My bud from Ohio has since gotten off that site too.

Yup, they are here in droves.  Amazing how much smarter they are than everyone, just wait they’ll tell you😁.  
Almost end of April and there’re still here.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

19 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

It amazes me when someone says to me “you know you’re on the wrong side of the ball, right?” Or something to that effect. I mean, do they really think they’re not the 1,084th person to tell me that?

I’m a really easy going guy, but I don’t even pretend it’s funny anymore. I give them a look, roll my eyes, and play my shot.

So, you quit saying "But I'm on the right side of the ball"?  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, Kenny B said:

So today I used my new-to-me Callaway Epic Max Heavenwood...

1803982943_EpicMaxHeavenwood.jpeg.3cd6b6a3f63e5a12c0fa9fe1ef3fef36.jpeg

I haven't had much luck with fairway woods, which is why I went to exclusively to a 2H.  The head is 20º, so more lofted than my 2H, but with weight further back in a FW and the club's low profile face, it launches much higher than my hybrid.  I opted for Project X Cypher shaft in senior flex... well, because... I'm a senior!!  I have the same shaft in my Epic Max driver but it's a regular flex.  The senior flex in the Heavenwood is very easy to control, and I hit balls stoopid straight... even for me!  However, I can hit draws with it, which I couldn't do with my 2H.  I even hit a high(er) shot today off a downhill lie from the fairway; a shot that always bothers me.  I'l give it a few more trials to see if it's just a honeymoon phase, but I like this club.

I've been happy with my Heavenwood for the few days I've gamed it.  Soooo, why does that give me confidence that I can hit the Epic Max 3W?  Well, here's hoping that I can.  Ordered it yesterday.  This could change my game... I just don't know if it will be for the better or worse.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The JumboMax grip on my driver is a failed experiment. I just couldn’t get comfortable with it. After seeing @McGolf do a review of the Golf Pride CPX grips on his YouTube channel I thought I’d give it a go. My local Dick’s Sporting Goods had it in stock. it went on smoothly and feels real nice. 

6B055F3B-A4E9-4B2A-AB90-F2DF05C00FD7.jpeg.4c07d60cad77ae72b9c9a7086d1999d2.jpeg

0BEF4455-34BE-4440-A72B-39155A72696E.jpeg.32c17446ddb66023aaaa2623997d90d9.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yup, they are here in droves.  Amazing how much smarter they are than everyone, just wait they’ll tell you😁.  

Yeah same here in fact the course was sold out and people were waiting on carts when I left about 2:00

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 4/21/2022 at 4:23 PM, chisag said:

... Awesome Ed. You can hit some stingers when you arrive at the range in your Gremlin after listening to Elvis on your 8 track!!!

Bonus points if it is Iron Butterfly on the 8 track. Yeah know I am now showing my age

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I've been happy with my Heavenwood for the few days I've gamed it.  Soooo, why does that give me confidence that I can hit the Epic Max 3W?  Well, here's hoping that I can.  Ordered it yesterday.  This could change may game... I just don't know if it will be for the better or worse.  

I am assuming ( and yes I know what happens when one assumes) that your Heaven Wood is like the old ones basically a 7 wood at 21* or so. 

G

54 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yeah same here in fact the course was sold out and people were waiting on carts when I left about 2:00

Funny that you stated about a crowd in that area. I was in N. Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago, and specifically made tee times around 1:30PM so we could grab dinner afterwards. Played on a Tuesday and Wednesday, both days sunny and about 70 degrees and both courses were wide open at those times.

Maybe it was because I went when the weather there can be less than ideal, but I used to go on a yearly basis with my late brother in mid-March and never saw big crowds on any of the courses.

This was the first year since 2006 that I went back, as my brother passed that year, and this year I met friends and we spent the week there together.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

50 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I am assuming ( and yes I know what happens when one assumes) that your Heaven Wood is like the old ones basically a 7 wood at 21* or so. 

Yep!  A strong 7W at 20º with a 5W shaft.

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Bonus points if it is Iron Butterfly on the 8 track. Yeah know I am now showing my age

Actually great band.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just ordered a set of SM9s with the black onyx shafts. Now to patiently wait 8 weeks…

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Both you and @chisaghave spent more than a few years in the Myrtle Beach area, so you know we’re a little unique down here in the fact that there’s always one influx or another throughout the year.

Spring and Fall it’s the golf package guys. Winter is the snowbirds, and summer is family on summer vacation. Maybe it’s because I’m in my mid 60’s now, but my preference is the winter crowd. They’re either Canadian or  older folks looking for a milder winter than where they live. They’re an early to bed, early rising group, whereas the golfers and families bring the party from Spring through Fall.

@BIG STUis a little bit south of me, and it’s a little more peaceful there come this time of year I think?

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

2 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Funny that you stated about a crowd in that area. I was in N. Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago, and specifically made tee times around 1:30PM so we could grab dinner afterwards. Played on a Tuesday and Wednesday, both days sunny and about 70 degrees and both courses were wide open at those times.

Maybe it was because I went when the weather there can be less than ideal, but I used to go on a yearly basis with my late brother in mid-March and never saw big crowds on any of the courses.

This was the first year since 2006 that I went back, as my brother passed that year, and this year I met friends and we spent the week there together.

That actually makes sense, as the vast majority of snowbird leases end the last day of February. I’d guess maybe 25%? stay through March, and the peak golf season begins in April.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  A strong 7W at 20º with a 5W shaft.

Kenny, I don’t remember if you mentioned having the shaft shortened on your HW… I was under the impression the shaft was the same length as the one in a 3 wood? 

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So, you quit saying "But I'm on the right side of the ball"?  😂

In my Tuesday league, I used to tell them I was a +1 righty and the pro shop wouldn’t allow me to play from that side. Then I’d say once I sized up the group, I figured I could still take their money playing LH clubs.

That would go over like the proverbial f**t in church with the guys who believed me.

31 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Both you and @chisaghave spent more than a few years in the Myrtle Beach area, so you know we’re a little unique down here in the fact that there’s always one influx or another throughout the year.

Spring and Fall it’s the golf package guys. Winter is the snowbirds, and summer is family on summer vacation. Maybe it’s because I’m in my mid 60’s now, but my preference is the winter crowd. They’re either Canadian or  older folks looking for a milder winter than where they live. They’re an early to bed, early rising group, whereas the golfers and families bring the party from Spring through Fall.

@BIG STUis a little bit south of me, and it’s a little more peaceful there come this time of year I think?

Golf course wise it is not peaceful. Indigo has been crowded since the weather broke in February. Now they do not do motel packages but advertise on Golf Now.com and do some kind of deal with Plantation resort now Wyndam Resort. It is a good layout but not the most pristine course on the Beach. But the rates reflect it. They also had a winter package deal a certain amount of rounds for a certain price if you buy a "Winter Membership" card. The Saturday Shootout has been sold out full capacity the last 2 months every Saturday. Heck today it was sold out and had people waiting on carts about 2:30 when I left.

Far as nightlife I would not know. We are sorta homebodies Usually we are home by 5:00 in the afternoon and do not leave. I do know traffic has been a mess on this end the last 2 weeks.

G

1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

Golf course wise it is not peaceful. Indigo has been crowded since the weather broke in February. Now they do not do motel packages but advertise on Golf Now.com and do some kind of deal with Plantation resort now Wyndam Resort. It is a good layout but not the most pristine course on the Beach. But the rates reflect it. They also had a winter package deal a certain amount of rounds for a certain price if you buy a "Winter Membership" card. The Saturday Shootout has been sold out full capacity the last 2 months every Saturday. Heck today it was sold out and had people waiting on carts about 2:30 when I left.

Far as nightlife I would not know. We are sorta homebodies Usually we are home by 5:00 in the afternoon and do not leave. I do know traffic has been a mess on this end the last 2 weeks.

With all the building they’re doing up by me, it’s only gonna get worse. They’re even putting up developments on Water Tower Road now behind Barefoot, and that was the area devastated by the wildfires 12 years ago. 🙄

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I wore out Kiss Alive! on 8 track 😂

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

22 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

That actually makes sense, as the vast majority of snowbird leases end the last day of February. I’d guess maybe 25%? stay through March, and the peak golf season begins in April.

I got this straight from some Canadians I know--- This year if they went back before April 1st they had to take and pay for a Covid test. After April 1st they could go back in wide open. And since the weather is still bad up North this year some of the Snowbirds have extended their stay. Now on the regular tourist golf season we will get some sporadic tourist trade from Golf Now simply because of our prices. I know one group I met from WVA told me it was like 165 to play Caledonia. At our place with the card they could play like 4 rounds for that price. 

G

On 4/21/2022 at 4:23 PM, chisag said:

... Awesome Ed. You can hit some stingers when you arrive at the range in your Gremlin after listening to Elvis on your 8 track!!!

If I hit the those, the only stingers would be my hands. 😂

5 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

With all the building they’re doing up by me, it’s only gonna get worse. They’re even putting up developments on Water Tower Road now behind Barefoot, and that was the area devastated by the wildfires 12 years ago. 🙄

Yep How well I know right below me where 17 Business and 17 BP meet they are putting in houses and right up from me by Tupelo Bay they put like several hundred tiny houses all for tourist lease. Now they just shot down some development planned for 707. The roads in this area simply can not handle the traffic. One of the reasons we are thinking about dragging up from here. But we have no idea where we want to go

G

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep How well I know right below me where 17 Business and 17 BP meet they are putting in houses and right up from me by Tupelo Bay they put like several hundred tiny houses all for tourist lease. Now they just shot down some development planned for 707. The roads in this area simply can not handle the traffic. One of the reasons we are thinking about dragging up from here. But we have no idea where we want to go

How crazy is it that they want to build off 707?

They just finished that big road expansion project for the traffic they couldn’t handle before this boom. 

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

How crazy is it that they want to build off 707?

They just finished that big road expansion project for the traffic they couldn’t handle before this boom. 

@BIG STU, @Grand Stranded With all these new communities I'm surprised that so many golf courses have closed and sold to developers. Its sounding like making last minute tee times in your areas are going to be a thing of the past and a round might take 5 to 6 hours. 

Have either of you noticed compressed tee time spacing yet?

See you in 4 weeks!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@BIG STU, @Grand Stranded With all these new communities I'm surprised that so many golf courses have closed and sold to developers. Its sounding like making last minute tee times in your areas are going to be a thing of the past and a round might take 5 to 6 hours. 

Have either of you noticed compressed tee time spacing yet?

See you in 4 weeks!

Yeah they have been stacking them at Indigo all this season

Yep come on down maybe we can play this time give me a call

G

27 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

When I moved to Villages 10 years ago it was approximately 70K from what I’ve heard it’s now around 150K.  Thought we would run out of Babyboomers by now!

Renters it’s January thru March but Snowbirds are coming down earlier and staying longer most to avoid Covid restrictions.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

We came real close to being full time MB residents.  Pauleys Island/Murrels Inlet favorite areas.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Thought we would run out of Babyboomers by now!

Got about another 8 years before you run out of boomers. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

52 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Kenny, I don’t remember if you mentioned having the shaft shortened on your HW… I was under the impression the shaft was the same length as the one in a 3 wood? 

Not shortened.  It's 43" which is 1/4" longer than the 5W and 1/4" shorter than the 3W.  The head is also bigger than the 5W but smaller than the 3W.  Same lie angle as 5W.