Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

On 4/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, Grand Stranded said:

For my money, there isn’t a better deal dollar for dollar than going down the street and playing Heritage.

Used to love that place have not played it in a while------ My favorite public courses on the South end are Founders and Pawleys Plantation---- My all time favorite is Deboridu. One of my buds was the assistant Pro and the other one was over the bag drop guys. What was funny almost none of the members played that much so during the week it was pretty much wide open. And even though most of the members are super rich they do not act stuck up or entitled they act like regular folks.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 4/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Lol Bobby,

I was gunna post up on my new irons, and started ready the comments and had to double check to see if I was in the right catagory…

anyways, got my new p770/p790 combo set. Oh, and cool new iron covers.

Lots of pics and thoughts in the shiny metal section.

86CB61F4-CDFE-4A14-845F-332AF41BA217.jpeg.8fe3189f06b0badc13dd9874c33518f1.jpeg98D5786C-7EFC-4CF7-9EB5-13CB35EDE7A9.jpeg.21eb1de41676c36a9b9ee5ab321ddbb6.jpeg9EEC962D-7769-4424-A975-E72E09B1BD50.jpeg.5287a86ca3b8c7b11f4e9cc842ac468f.jpeg

Nice sticks--- One of my Scramble partners has those Craftsman Golf Iron covers but his are different from yours. Which all joking aside if I were to use iron covers that brand is what I would use

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Bought dozen of Pro-V1x to try out and titleist rope hat 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 4/28/2022 at 8:28 PM, BIG STU said:

Used to love that place have not played it in a while------ My favorite public courses on the South end are Founders and Pawleys Plantation---- My all time favorite is Deboridu. One of my buds was the assistant Pro and the other one was over the bag drop guys. What was funny almost none of the members played that much so during the week it was pretty much wide open. And even though most of the members are super rich they do not act stuck up or entitled they act like regular folks.

When I first moved down, that was the course everyone talked about. A guy I know played there about 12 years ago and said he met retired  General Oliver North in the pro shop.

I’d love to get the chance to play there someday…

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

On 4/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

LOL..Well I have a pretty wide wheelhouse, so sometimes it misses something.

Just like the purchase I made early this morning on classifieds from WRX on something athat at first glance is no where near myu specs.     PING G425 LST 9 degree with Tour 70  X Stiff shaft.    But as always I have a plan, to make it fit me just right! 

OHHH a Tour 70 X Stiff------ Oh my aching back just thinking about that.

And I am sure you have a plan just like I would have change that rebar

G

On 4/28/2022 at 8:55 PM, 03trdblack said:

Found a Ping Anser Dalehead putter at a Play It Again Sports. Pretty good find. 

1650937740405.jpg.dc9d43e0555fad446bc92d59ef70bbf8.jpg

And to boot it has dings and bag chatter to boot---- Adds character and street creed if you ask me--- Please tell me you stole it price wise because it was beat up and they had no idea of what they had

G

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And to boot it has dings and bag chatter to boot---- Adds character and street creed if you ask me--- Please tell me you stole it price wise because it was beat up and they had no idea of what they had

Oh, I definitely stole it. It was priced like any other run of the mill anser. I'm actually going to take it out and use it in my round today, it feels amazing. 

My bag is a revolving door!

Latest Purchases. 4 dozen left dash pro v1x, Mizuno 221/223 irons and Bushnell Launch Pro & GungHo golf Holy Grail 4x9 mat.  Love all except the mat but that’s only because it has not arrived yet. Expect that I will like it too. 

Larry A. Merrick 

1 minute ago, ParFore74x said:

It’s that time of year here in Iowa. Everyone starts cleaning out their basements and garages. That means that I acquired a Ping Anser 2 for a whopping $5 today. It took a little cleaning but looks to be in great shape overall. 

CBF681B8-38D0-4355-AA1E-9C69162A63CD.jpeg

EC2404B2-F4BE-43E1-AA2D-D8D20CDA2D8C.jpeg

B037461E-E038-430F-B225-9ADA30FFBC89.jpeg

Well spent $5.00!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 4/22/2022 at 11:17 AM, Kenny B said:

I've been happy with my Heavenwood for the few days I've gamed it.  Soooo, why does that give me confidence that I can hit the Epic Max 3W?  Well, here's hoping that I can.  Ordered it yesterday.  This could change my game... I just don't know if it will be for the better or worse.  

Well, the Callaway Epic Max 3W came on Thursday but too late to take it out for a spin.  Then on Friday my wife and I played in a charity scramble so I took it; why not, we weren't going to use many of my shots anyway.  Wowsers!  This is by far the easiest 3W I have ever hit off turf... I need more time with it though!  It also is longer than my Heavenwood, so this could completely change the top end of my bag.  I may need one more club in the 23-25º range; maybe 9W or a hybrid.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Well, the Callaway Epic Max 3W came on Thursday but too late to take it out for a spin.  Then on Friday my wife and I played in a charity scramble so I took it; why not, we weren't going to use many of my shots anyway.  Wowsers!  This is by far the easiest 3W I have ever hit off turf... I need more time with it though!  It also is longer than my Heavenwood, so this could completely change the top end of my bag.  I may need one more club in the 23-25º range; maybe 9W or a hybrid.

I say go for the 9 wood I played mine on and off when I got cold in the long iron department. My 7 wood has been in the bag ever since it was new. Since my accident ironically 2 years ago today and my start back playing golf it has been in the bag. It hits easy and I do not have to strain myself. I do not get along with hybrids per say but I recommend anything in the 23 25 . my 9 wood hits it in the middle at 24*.

G

17 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I say go for the 9 wood I played mine on and off when I got cold in the long iron department. My 7 wood has been in the bag ever since it was new. Since my accident ironically 2 years ago today and my start back playing golf it has been in the bag. It hits easy and I do not have to strain myself. I do not get along with hybrids per say but I recommend anything in the 23 25 . my 9 wood hits it in the middle at 24*.

The Callaway 9W is 23º which might be just right.  The Heavenwood is 20º but has a shaft a little longer than their 5W.  The way I'm hitting these FW, I may not use a hybrid... first time ever!!  My longest iron is 24º... 6i for my Bridgestones and 4i for my Macgregors.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The Callaway 9W is 23º which might be just right.  The Heavenwood is 20º but has a shaft a little longer than their 5W.  The way I'm hitting these FW, I may not use a hybrid... first time ever!!  My longest iron is 24º... 6i for my Bridgestones and 4i for my Macgregors.  😂

One of the reasons I like the 9 wood it replaces my Mac 4 iron which is also 24*---- I can still hit the 4 iron but not as high as I can the 9 wood plus I have developed about 3 or 4 different shots with the 9 wood. If it gets windy here I can drop down to the 7 wood or I have learned a little low screamer cut with my 3 wood. Also the 9 wood is easier on my back because I do not have to swing as hard to generate more SS to get it off the deck. I call it my back saver

G

3 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

May regret this one but swapped my PLD flat face prime Tyne for this beauty. My best putting days have come from a blade and a plumbers neck. I absolutely love the simplicity of this at address and never liked a line on a putter. I guess my never ending search for the right putter continues. 

5D1F14B3-3653-43CD-AA1C-83B9FCFA19D0.jpeg

818D6314-FC6D-4269-AA96-EAD24D64E3DB.jpeg

E68CB021-A34D-44AA-90E0-3E83A89C31FE.jpeg

Very nice, looks like a great trade.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just a range bucket this morning. I've got $200 in gift cards I'm itching to spend but I'm not sure on what...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Bought a puttout mat and a pressure trainer. Hoping the mat does not develop a "groove" like many have reported. The pressure trainer actually seems impossible to get the ball to stop in there. I can't even place the ball in the catch and have it stay. Haha.

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Picked up a Mizuno ST200 new with an Atmos Black TS 6x... Didn't really need it but some of my best driving seasons came with a Mizuno in the bag, maybe trying to spark something.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Stumbled across a Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Single Diamond 8.5* driver for a decent price so took the leap. The only info I could find was Johnny Wunder replying to a tweet saying it was Uber low spinning and fade bias which sounds delicious lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Loved my The Office headcover so I asked if he could make an Angels cover and he was able to. Looks awesome and finally can rep my favorite team on the course. Can’t recommend Tactical Caddy enough for custom or unique headcovers. 

5CD8C038-7A99-4C21-96A6-C864D3DEB54F.jpeg

6AF871D7-F1DB-4861-873D-25B4D641925B.jpeg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash