TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Just now, JohnSmalls said:

We take pride in the low standards that we hold near in dear to our heart in good sunny Myrtle Beach.  Please enjoy your stay and spend all of your money while you are here.  Our tax base thanks you for your support.

... As a first year lifeguard (there were some that had been there for many years) I was assigned to the park area not the lucrative nice hotels. I had to pass my Water Safety Certification in case I actually had to go in the water and save someone.  I went in to help a few but never a lifesaving instance. But most LG's had no certification because their job was not to provide any safety for swimmers, it was to rent beach chairs, umbrella's and rafts. One stoner, a veteran with an excellent rental record couldn't even swim but his wife that worked on the same stand with him could LOL! Talk about low standards. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... You probably have a good short game. I think it is all about confidence. I am not going to hit a chipper any different than I will hit my 9 iron as well as preferring more options with different clubs depending on my lie and pin location. But I play with plenty of gofers that have little confidence in their chipping and pitching. While most are higher index players I have played with low index players that admit chipping is the weakest part of their game.

... It is hard to underestimate the confidence of a club designed for the sole purpose of chipping as opposed to a 9 iron that is built for full shots and I think that can allow any player to have a different approach. Even if the different approach would work with their 9 iron if executed in an identical way, they still my feel like "this chipper will make me a better chipper" and that is worth the price alone imo. I have already said even though I don;t think it would ever make it into my bag, I would love to play a round or two with one just to see if my results are any different.  

35 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Jlukes is a much better golfer than me, but I will give my opinion why i think the chipper will be a good fit for myself (besides the fact i like buying clubs). I chip like crap. The closer i get to the green, the worse it gets. I can execute ok sometimes with a high lofted wedge, but i know that my chances are better with a lower lofted club so i almost always try to do a putting style chip. I've been using a 5 hybrid quite a bit for chipping, but will also chip with anything from a 5 iron to a PW, but putting style.

What I don't like about the putt chip is it gets the heel very off the ground. with the toe down, my chips tend to come out to the right of my intended line, i think primarily because my eyes get tricked by where the clubface is actually aiming when the heel is so much off the ground. sometimes it works well, but sometimes i aim really poorly. but my distance control is pretty good with this method. 

also, given my height and proportions, besides the putt-style chip, the best club i have chipped with is a 34" lob wedge. works pretty well for chips, but i don't like that length for anything more than a chip. so this Ping Chipr will be like having a 9 iron that is more upright and plays 34.5" (i ordered it -0.5"). 

Hey, I hope I haven’t come across as criticizing anyone who bags this…certainly not my intent.  Yeah, I am quite confident around the green and can’t see giving away a spot in the bag for a club with the same loft as a short iron I already have.  But I’m truly asking from a place of “seek first to understand…”

I’ve really never struggled around the green…90% of the time I keep my low point in front of the ball, keep the handle in front of the clubhead, and I’m good to go (unless I’m trying a flop).  Driver has always been the culprit when I struggle…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Picked up a pair of Cole Haan GrandPrø AM Golf Sneakers. Not something I would normally buy but I wear Cole Haan shoes for work often so figured why not. On sale right now for around $100.

46DF42B7-30A4-4978-8863-82591812EB74.jpeg

5E468F57-7510-407A-ACC9-F41FF9FE2FC8.jpeg

EA64248C-4D9F-43A1-8DD1-9E289334AFAA.jpeg

1ACDBE43-7BE5-4F35-84B5-8FE8E08E2134.jpeg

Driver:  PXG 0811X+ RH 10.5 Prototype Driver

Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead XR

Hybrid: PXG 0317X RH 22 Prototype 

Irons: PXG 2021-0211

Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled 54 & 58

putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport Mallet 1 

7 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, I hope I haven’t come across as criticizing anyone who bags this…certainly not my intent.  Yeah, I am quite confident around the green and can’t see giving away a spot in the bag for a club with the same loft as a short iron I already have.  But I’m truly asking from a place of “seek first to understand…”

I’ve really never struggled around the green…90% of the time I keep my low point in front of the ball, keep the handle in front of the clubhead, and I’m good to go (unless I’m trying a flop).  Driver has always been the culprit when I struggle…

I’ve always had a decent short game and from day one used mostly 8/9 iron.  I think that’s the reason the chipper didn’t fit me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

... I didn't take it that way at all. We are all here to learn about equipment or share our experience with equipment so every question is a good question in my book! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I didn't take it that way at all. We are all here to learn about equipment or share our experience with equipment so every question is a good question in my book! 

Yup agree.  I didn’t see anything negative from anyone, only good comments.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

42 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

We take pride in the low standards that we hold near in dear to our heart in good sunny Myrtle Beach.  Please enjoy your stay and spend all of your money while you are here.  Our tax base thanks you for your support.

You live around here?? 
I actually have a 0900 tee time at TPC Myrtle Beach tomorrow, with my 7 and 8 year olds….

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

definitely didn't take it negatively, valid question/comment. around the green is my perpetual downfall. once i'm on the green, i do ok. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

9 hours ago, jlukes said:

Pre-order placed

Ping ChipR 

Can we get a review on this ?

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

10 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So I didn't necessarily "buy" these but I did just recently get them. 

HUGE thanks to Cobra/Puma. I did own (still do) the predecessor to these. I received them as a gift a while back. Love these shoes! Well after about 6 or so months, the left shoe developed a tear in the heel. Last week I decided to email Cobra just for kicks. I sent them pics of the tear and let them know that I didn't have a receipt due to them being a gift. I also let them know that if they couldn't do anything about it I'd totally understand. 

Well being as awesome as they are, they sent me the updated shoe and told me to keep the other pair. 

Safe to say my shoe loyalties definitely lie with Puma. 

New kicks

0707221034a.jpg.9084698d54652c03a638ac9e2febf38c.jpg

Previous are in the middle. They're practically new except for the tear which I was also able to find an adhesive patch for. 

0707221208.jpg.ca9541432d741731eaa2bda77e36a55b.jpg

Thanks Cobra/Puma!!

Had a very similar experience with them a couple years ago (based on the pic, probably the same release as the issue you had) -- bought their SoleLace model of this shoe, and while trying to tighten it, the eyelet snapped. They just asked for pictures, and replaced the shoes with the model of my choice (went with the Disc). And...I was kinda able to repair the SoleLace -- heated/molded back together, but I'm guessing it's weaker than the original that snapped.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

18 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

They're really good.

Yes, they are. Looks like my Snell days are over with supply problems and limited quantity, whereas I can walk into any Dick's and grab as many as I like.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

12 hours ago, chisag said:

... As a first year lifeguard (there were some that had been there for many years) I was assigned to the park area not the lucrative nice hotels. I had to pass my Water Safety Certification in case I actually had to go in the water and save someone.  I went in to help a few but never a lifesaving instance. But most LG's had no certification because their job was not to provide any safety for swimmers, it was to rent beach chairs, umbrella's and rafts. One stoner, a veteran with an excellent rental record couldn't even swim but his wife that worked on the same stand with him could LOL! Talk about low standards. 

That’s hilarious!  I am not surprised at all. Myrtle Beach is it’s own animal

12 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

You live around here?? 
I actually have a 0900 tee time at TPC Myrtle Beach tomorrow, with my 7 and 8 year olds….

No I’m  about 4 hours away from Myrtle Beach. I live in SC just south of Charlotte,NC.  If I wasn’t headed to the mountains I would come down to join you! 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Well it finally came, looking forward to giving just a bit more data to the net practice and more detail when testing. If nothing else it makes for a very fancy phone holder while I work.

IMG_1238.jpg.7fe792f26cc9a5bfa9e29322b5210fb6.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I played my favorite course yesterday, and they had these cool minimalist prints, so I grabbed one. I want to have it framed. I also got a pair of new Nike's with Father's Day cash image.png.10ef9301ed9f205d8d9059e2b08539b5.png

IMG_20220713_154954_01.jpg

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I played my favorite course yesterday, and they had these cool minimalist prints, so I grabbed one. 

IMG_20220713_154954_01.jpg

I always liked those prints; you can apparently get any course done.  

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllOverTheMap18?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=829147853

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Yes, they are. Looks like my Snell days are over with supply problems and limited quantity, whereas I can walk into any Dick's and grab as many as I like.

The only slight sign of supply issues for Dick's is that they appear to be running very low on yellow (if that's your jam).

On an even better note though, once you've decided to buy into the Maxfli Tour ball, a box of 60 for $105 is just over $26/box for a comparable top shelf ball! That's bonkers! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

53 minutes ago, mynerds said:

Late to posting, but some used TS2 hybrids that were on sale for ~$60 each arrived and will be replacing my beat-to-death TaylorMade rescue.

EC50B1DF-677F-4653-A3A3-C6AA4A2528C0.jpeg.3596de1a3b15fdf75973cc745fa56ff8.jpeg

A43E7238-2C59-4B1B-8A0A-4E668B5BE50D.jpeg.c3dbde68eaa9f18a526516d5f97cd183.jpeg

E14529D0-E75A-4EBF-B9D2-BDDC5BEB2309.jpeg.27fb6a6f3ca005d4327b376556c281d3.jpeg

360100E0-A298-4372-9438-A7AED41BE03F.jpeg.54af3d832807ed9f611c94774474e7f5.jpeg

I’ve already since replaced the stock grips with Lamkin Sonar+ Midsize grips and they are going to battle my CP2 Pros for my new go-to grips going forward.

Nice, glad someone was able to jump on that deal!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS