TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

On 7/13/2022 at 7:46 PM, dlow206 said:

Jlukes is a much better golfer than me, but I will give my opinion why i think the chipper will be a good fit for myself (besides the fact i like buying clubs). I chip like crap. The closer i get to the green, the worse it gets. I can execute ok sometimes with a high lofted wedge, but i know that my chances are better with a lower lofted club so i almost always try to do a putting style chip. I've been using a 5 hybrid quite a bit for chipping, but will also chip with anything from a 5 iron to a PW, but putting style.

What I don't like about the putt chip is it gets the heel very off the ground. with the toe down, my chips tend to come out to the right of my intended line, i think primarily because my eyes get tricked by where the clubface is actually aiming when the heel is so much off the ground. sometimes it works well, but sometimes i aim really poorly. but my distance control is pretty good with this method. 

also, given my height and proportions, besides the putt-style chip, the best club i have chipped with is a 34" lob wedge. works pretty well for chips, but i don't like that length for anything more than a chip. so this Ping Chipr will be like having a 9 iron that is more upright and plays 34.5" (i ordered it -0.5"). 

I think in your case it may work for you--- I was going to tell you if you came down here I could show you an old school trick about pop hopping a putter. Then I saw you had a armlock putter. I do not think in that case it would work because of the loft and I am not sure how to wrist c0ck and pop a longer putter

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 7/13/2022 at 8:18 PM, chisag said:

... As a first year lifeguard (there were some that had been there for many years) I was assigned to the park area not the lucrative nice hotels. I had to pass my Water Safety Certification in case I actually had to go in the water and save someone.  I went in to help a few but never a lifesaving instance. But most LG's had no certification because their job was not to provide any safety for swimmers, it was to rent beach chairs, umbrella's and rafts. One stoner, a veteran with an excellent rental record couldn't even swim but his wife that worked on the same stand with him could LOL! Talk about low standards. 

I think they are more strict on that now. I do know in the local media they are saying they are having trouble getting Lifeguards. Of course these days they are having trouble finding people who will work period. I know I got a letter the other week recruiting me to join and be a lifeguard. I am like WTH. Called and told the lady I was almost 65 years old with a bad back and fat. Come to find out they had obtained records from the SC Fire Academy. Yep 20 years ago I was a certified first responder and water rescue. Someone had not done their homework and read how old I was. The lady profusely apologized. I told her no apology necessary she made my day for even sending the letter kinda like being carded for tobacco. She did say she was going to get on someones butt for not screening better

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 7/13/2022 at 8:51 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

You live around here?? 
I actually have a 0900 tee time at TPC Myrtle Beach tomorrow, with my 7 and 8 year olds….

He doesnt but visits me here from time to time--- I live in Murrells inlet about 2 miles from TPC--- Hope you got your round in ok--- Glad it is not today because of rain--- I did not play my vintage round today over at Indigo Creek where I am a member at

G

22 hours ago, chisag said:

... I think this is a great idea. It is called a "chipper" not a "pitcher" and I think most that really struggle with their chipping, using a club completely dedicated to that particular job may find the purchase well worth it. If it makes their chipping more reliable. Most don't hit pitches with their 9 iron anyway, unless they are battling some serious wind, and if you do you can always use your real 9 iron. 😛  Looking forward to how the Chipr works out for you. 

Most of the time around our course I use a 5 iron Raymond Floyd style up on the toe. If I have to go over something it is usually the Mac 11 iron at 50*. I have a somewhat reputation around our place for 5 ironing someone to death. I must be an oddity because I have taught several how to do that around my club.

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I think in your case it may work for you--- I was going to tell you if you came down here I could show you an old school trick about pop hopping a putter. Then I saw you had a armlock putter. I do not think in that case it would work because of the loft and I am not sure how to wrist c0ck and pop a longer putter

I actually don't play an armlock anymore, bag in my sig is way out of date. 

also, i changed the spec on my Ping Chipr order. they said to order the length and lie angle like your putter, so i ordered it at 32" (my putter is actually 31.5"). 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Earlier this year I replaced the JumboMax grip on my driver with a Golf Pride CPX grip. It was an improvement over the JumboMax but after several weeks of golf with it, I felt it was just too soft. Today I replaced the CPX grip with an MCC +4 grip. I’ve long been a fan of the MCC+4 grips. Several weeks back I tried the grip selector on the Golf Pride website and it recommended the MCC +4. I guess they do know something about grips. 🤔

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

He doesnt but visits me here from time to time--- I live in Murrells inlet about 2 miles from TPC--- Hope you got your round in ok--- Glad it is not today because of rain--- I did not play my vintage round today over at Indigo Creek where I am a member at

I got it in, but kinda wish I hadn’t.  Really wet and muddy, cart path only, and crazy slow.   Add in an 8 and 7 year old with razor thin patience and attention spans, and it was not a good mix…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

6 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Made a purchase I put off since last year when I got fitted for it. Bought Callaway Epic LS driver with a MMT 60 shaft in it. It’s not the shaft I was fitted for but it is very close so I pulled the trigger on it because of a sale. I’m interested in seeing how it works out since I haven’t carried a driver in 3 years. Also grabbed some Maxfli tours since everyone here has been having good luck with them.

Nice on the driver pick up. Just bought 2 dozen Maxfli Tours. I really like them and the price is pretty reasonable when you by 2 dozen.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

41 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Nice on the driver pick up. Just bought 2 dozen Maxfli Tours. I really like them and the price is pretty reasonable when you by 2 dozen.

Even better when you buy the cube!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

New headcover for my TS2 3 wood. Keeping it simple. 

829147EF-66DD-411A-87DA-BC624585CCC2.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

3 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Is the Driver cover @Yellow Ball merch? lol

Nope. Definitely could be though. 😂 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, tommc23 said:

Made a purchase I put off since last year when I got fitted for it. Bought Callaway Epic LS driver with a MMT 60 shaft in it. It’s not the shaft I was fitted for but it is very close so I pulled the trigger on it because of a sale. I’m interested in seeing how it works out since I haven’t carried a driver in 3 years. Also grabbed some Maxfli tours since everyone here has been having good luck with them.

You never know some driver and even ball combinations work well for someone---- I am pretty impressed with the Maxfli Tours myself. I have found and played a couple. The only reason I do not pull the trigger on them is because I have so many various Srixon balls I have won. 

G

On 7/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

I got it in, but kinda wish I hadn’t.  Really wet and muddy, cart path only, and crazy slow.   Add in an 8 and 7 year old with razor thin patience and attention spans, and it was not a good mix…

Man I hate that for you being on vacation and all---- It rained on and off Friday. I called over to the course Saturday and one of the owners said it was a swamp. I cancelled my team since they said they would not play if it was CPO. About 15 minutes later it started thundering and lightning. I have not called again but I am sure they cancelled the whole show

G

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I must have impeccable taste when it comes to golf equipment. It seems every time I visit any golf site to look at specs, or new clubs or anything really ... I get a message from them 10 minutes after my visit that warns me:

Your recently viewed items are selling fast

🤑

Huh!!  I get the same thing.  I thought it was the LH club equipment only.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just pulled the trigger on a used Shotsope H4. Wanting shot tracking and stats but didnt need a watch for it. Excited for it to come in. Thanks @liermann.mark

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Put my irons together today. Purchased the pre-measured lengths for my irons and noticed that they are longer than my old irons by half inch or so. Going to see how this works out for me, guess I should have checked the lengths but they were supposed to be cut for the length of the irons they were meant to fit. My driver came into was supposed to be used but is wrapped in plastic and brand new SCORE!

41A5B119-68D6-44CB-BC98-AEBA10F7B7AE.jpeg

7B282709-2DFA-436F-8CE1-8FF15B8B16B5.jpeg

Where did you get the driver from? There a couple of places online that I have ordered from that were “used” clubs but when the clubs arrived they were still brand new. Absolutely love that feeling! 

9 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Where did you get the driver from? There a couple of places online that I have ordered from that were “used” clubs but when the clubs arrived they were still brand new. Absolutely love that feeling! 

Rock bottom had a sale and said it was lightly used but was absolutely not used at all

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

Rock bottom had a sale and said it was lightly used but was absolutely not used at all

That’s awesome! Hopefully you’ll be hitting bombs with it. 

Sold one of my putters and picked up another one today.   Went with a TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Single Bend Putter.

spider x hydro blast sb putter.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 7/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, tommc23 said:

Put my irons together today. Purchased the pre-measured lengths for my irons and noticed that they are longer than my old irons by half inch or so. Going to see how this works out for me, guess I should have checked the lengths but they were supposed to be cut for the length of the irons they were meant to fit. My driver came into was supposed to be used but is wrapped in plastic and brand new SCORE!

41A5B119-68D6-44CB-BC98-AEBA10F7B7AE.jpeg

7B282709-2DFA-436F-8CE1-8FF15B8B16B5.jpeg

That's awesome! I've heard nothing but good things about the Callaway Epic Max LS. Hopefully you'll be hitting long, straight bombs with it. 

21 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome! I've heard nothing but good things about the Callaway Epic Max LS. Hopefully you'll be hitting long, straight bombs with it. 

Lucky enough to test it for MSG last year and I agree it is a great performer. Still gaming it and it is producing well. Hope it works for you too!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 7/13/2022 at 12:34 PM, chisag said:

.. When I was a DJ in Chicago I took a job with an ex fellow employe in Ft Piece Fl for better wages, a 5 day work week and of course the ocean and warm weather. Got there and hated everything about it from the sleepy retirement community to the radio station. Worked one afternoon shift and turned around and drove back to Chicago. The RX7 was a ton of fun as I was in it several days and when I got back to Chicago just inside the city limits, I got a speeding ticket right where it drops from 65 to 55 and a speed trap. To his credit, the cop saw my car was packed with my stuff and when I told him I spent one day in FL and missed Chicago he said show up for court and he would make sure the ticket was thrown out. And he did. AS you know that rotary engine was so smooth it was easy to speed as it always felt like you weren't traveling that fast. Imagine I will have the same problem when my Genesis GV60 EV finally arrives going 0-60 in 4.8 seconds without a sound. 🤪

On 7/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, azstu324 said:

I had another friend years ago with an M3 who also would swap me for my truck. He had it all juiced up with a chip and other goodies. That thing was a whole other level of fast . For me anyway 😋

If I recall, it was a sub 4.5 0-60 with the aftermarket stuff. 6 speed manual that drove on rails. Talk about a butt puckering experience 

Catching up on this thread....

Y'all are making me miss my old Toyota Supra, with the inline 6.  Thankful it wasn't a turbo...   LOL

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

I probably missed a post somewhere but what are the irons? 

I just put some fresh new black Pure's on my irons last week! Forgot how much I loved these grips! I bought a set of 13 brand spanky grips for $30 from a guy. Found them on OfferUp. Not sure if it was a "fell off the truck" special or what but when they're selling for $9-11/ea I don't ask questions.. 😬

The grips are so stretchy that I was able to make a putter grip out of one. I built it up to a straight no taper putter size using aluminum duct tape (x2 the weight of masking tape) and to equal the size and weight of the Edel 85g grip that the putter was built with. 

So far my favorite putter grip ever! 

I love those grips I have other grips on clubs I’ve tested or purchased and always switch them to the Pure. They are Sub70 699pro.