TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

I’ve been continuing to struggle with my wedge game, and it’s been over 100* heat index down here for the last month it seems, so I have no desire to work on it.

I’m already having second thoughts, but I placed this order yesterday… a 56* CBX2 56* and a Smart Sole chipper. I traded in a Smart Sole S wedge under playability and a Halo XL 4 iron, so it only cost me $60 out of pocket.

The plan is to take my 54* & 58* out, and just concentrate on the 56*. That gets me down to 13 clubs, and I can add the Smart Sole C. I’m hoping the freaking chipper gets me back the 5 or 6 shots per round I’m losing with my now perfected chunk and skull routine.
Desperate times, boys. 🙄

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

5 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

@cksurfdude Here’s a little secret about that Cypher 50… the 5.0 isn’t 50g, it’s 59g. The 5.5 is 61g and the 6.0 is 62g.

Project X use those designations for their flex. 5.0 is A or "senior", 5.5 is regular and 6.0 is stiff.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

🎶 Distanza 🎶

May get one just for the name and the images dancing around in my head of golf balls soaring, soaring soaring through the sky....... 😂😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Project X use those designations for their flex. 5.0 is A or "senior", 5.5 is regular and 6.0 is stiff.

Yep got it, thx; what I have in the 5.0 flex shaft is also marked with "Fifty" ...

PX-CYPHER-50I-5.0.png.f9499ebfe8ef8a7ce449826818b6e392.png

..here's a 5.5 ...

PX-CYPHER-60I-5.5.png.27a93faec92330ea32200c4bc3520670.png

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Yep got it, thx; what I have in the 5.0 flex shaft is also marked with "Fifty" ...

..here's a 5.5 ...

As with everything it seems with golf, things aren’t standard.   A shaft labeled as 50gr could actually be anywhere from the 40 gram range into the 60 gram range.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’ve been continuing to struggle with my wedge game, and it’s been over 100* heat index down here for the last month it seems, so I have no desire to work on it.

I’m already having second thoughts, but I placed this order yesterday… a 56* CBX2 56* and a Smart Sole chipper. I traded in a Smart Sole S wedge under playability and a Halo XL 4 iron, so it only cost me $60 out of pocket.

The plan is to take my 54* & 58* out, and just concentrate on the 56*. That gets me down to 13 clubs, and I can add the Smart Sole C. I’m hoping the freaking chipper gets me back the 5 or 6 shots per round I’m losing with my now perfected chunk and skull routine.
Desperate times, boys. 🙄

Love the Lowcountry, but absolutely hate the summer heat here. I’ll never get used to it. 

Meanwhile, after much research and reading of reviews, just purchased the Shot Scope H4 and Mizuno’s T22 wedges at 55°/13 and 59°/5. 

Most excited about the 59°/5 purchase, and hopeful on the H4 data helping me improve my game at my weakest areas thru practice. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

On 5/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, DawgDaddy said:

The Bushnell has died.   I decided to try something cheaper this go round as $500+ dollars has gotten old every 3 years.  That is how long my last 2 Bushnell's lasted. 

Precision Pro NX9 Slope Golf Rangefinder with Slope from Amazon for $242 total cost including tax.  They are on sale at the website for $249 but I checked Amazon and they were $239 and then I noticed an 11% off coupon bringing the cost down to $227.  Here's the link if you are interested   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PP9Y76B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

nx9slope-1.jpg?sw=165&sh=165&sm=fit

I can tell you my original Precision Pro I tested for them and MGS how ever many moons ago is still kicking and holds its own against any of them. I think I am on my 4th battery. But I play a lot and shoot a lot on the range so mine is well used

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Desperate times, boys. 🙄

Yep the humidity is torrid. I have been playing Dew Sweeper rounds out just at daylight before the old fart mens leagues tee off at 7:30---- Lately starting around 6:30 or so I can hurry some and make the turn to #10 before they tee off. Lots of times if I did drag and practice some at the split as we call it I will go down 13 instead of 8 so I will end up with a 13 hole round. The other day I guess it was too humid and a bunch of them did not show so I ended up playing 27. But I am done and in the house by 10 or 10:30 at the worst. I take my truck cooler with me with plenty of cold water and Pedelyte. I love it no one holds me up. Did not play today they had a big ladies invitational involving 7 different clubs. They decided wisely because of the weather to do a shotgun start at 7:15. I helped with set up and was not really needed so i rode my but home. Tomorrow is Shootout Saturday and it starts at 9AM so if we have some slow pokes it will be hot and we may get finished by 1:30. We may have a lot pull out for that reason to begin with. We had a full field signed up last week but had 7 teams (28 players) pull out I suppose because of the humidity

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

..here's a 5.5 ...

Yes, those are the ones PXG’s been offering. The Fifty 5.0 is 59g, the 5.5 is 61g. Cleveland uses the exact same shafts in my Halos, but they use blue paint accents instead of green on the PXG shaft. I’m not sure what color Callaway has on theirs… I think orange?

Edited by Grand Stranded

14 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Yep the humidity is torrid. I have been playing Dew Sweeper rounds out just at daylight before the old fart mens leagues tee off at 7:30---- Lately starting around 6:30 or so I can hurry some and make the turn to #10 before they tee off. Lots of times if I did drag and practice some at the split as we call it I will go down 13 instead of 8 so I will end up with a 13 hole round. The other day I guess it was too humid and a bunch of them did not show so I ended up playing 27. But I am done and in the house by 10 or 10:30 at the worst. I take my truck cooler with me with plenty of cold water and Pedelyte. I love it no one holds me up. Did not play today they had a big ladies invitational involving 7 different clubs. They decided wisely because of the weather to do a shotgun start at 7:15. I helped with set up and was not really needed so i rode my but home. Tomorrow is Shootout Saturday and it starts at 9AM so if we have some slow pokes it will be hot and we may get finished by 1:30. We may have a lot pull out for that reason to begin with. We had a full field signed up last week but had 7 teams (28 players) pull out I suppose because of the humidity

I’m going out the same time tomorrow in my Saturday league. We’re the first group and thankfully I’m with 3 fast players. Hopefully we’re done under 4 hours. 🙄

We play two flights, and the slow players in both have really screwed things up for us. We got the first tee times (7am) every week for years, but because of their slow pace of play we’ve recently lost that perk. The rangers and pro shop had been warning us for quite a while to pick up our pace, but you know how that works with the “Harrumph… I’m a member crowd”.

What makes it even more embarrassing is that the Women’s league was rightfully moved ahead of us in the pecking order. They play much quicker, and deserve to go out ahead of us.

30 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I have been playing Dew Sweeper rounds out just at daylight before the old fart mens leagues tee off at 7:30---- Lately starting around 6:30 or so I can hurry some and make the turn to #10 before they tee off. Lots of times if I did drag and practice some at the split as we call it I will go down 13 instead of 8 so I will end up with a 13 hole round. But I am done and in the house by 10 or 10:30 at the worst. I take my truck cooler with me with plenty of cold water and Pedelyte. I love it no one holds me up. Did not play today they had a big ladies invitational involving 7 different clubs. They decided wisely because of the weather to do a shotgun start at 7:15. I helped with set up and was not really needed so i rode my but home. Tomorrow is Shootout Saturday and it starts at 9AM so if we have some slow pokes it will be hot and we may get finished by 1:30. 

... I am not a morning person and rarely play before noon in the winter but so many here play early. Summer twilite at my winter course is virtually empty but mornings are sold out from open to around 10am. IN winter if I don't wake up at midnight and book a twilite time they are gone by the time I wake up so I set my alarm, book a time and go back to sleep. I get the golfers teeing off in the first hour but after that I would not want to play 18 with it getting hotter each hole and end my round in the hottest hour.  🥵  I start around 3 which admittedly is the hottest time of the day but finish as the sun is setting and not only does the temperature drop, when the sun starts to hit the horizon it feels at least 10* cooler. So I am cooling off as I finish playing. Obviously I am in the minority as booking a twilite round the day you want to play is pretty easy but booking a morning round for the next day is just about impossible. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am not a morning person and rarely play before noon in the winter but so many here play early. Summer twilite at my winter course is virtually empty but mornings are sold out from open to around 10am. IN winter if I don't wake up at midnight and book a twilite time they are gone by the time I wake up so I set my alarm, book a time and go back to sleep. I get the golfers teeing off in the first hour but after that I would not want to play 18 with it getting hotter each hole and end my round in the hottest hour.  🥵  I start around 3 which admittedly is the hottest time of the day but finish as the sun is setting and not only does the temperature drop, when the sun starts to hit the horizon it feels at least 10* cooler. So I am cooling off as I finish playing. Obviously I am in the minority as booking a twilite round the day you want to play is pretty easy but booking a morning round for the next day is just about impossible. 

If I remember correctly you grew up down here? Unfortunately if you book a 3pm time in the summer in this area, it’s not really cooling down much at all before sunset ( around 8pm now). The big difference here as opposed to Arizona, as I’m sure you know is the humidity. It’s been brutal down here recently.

18 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

If I remember correctly you grew up down here? Unfortunately if you book a 3pm time in the summer in this area, it’s not really cooling down much at all before sunset ( around 8pm now). The big difference here as opposed to Arizona, as I’m sure you know is the humidity. It’s been brutal down here recently.

... Yup, grew up in NC so very familiar with the humidity and have no idea how we had 4 a day football practices in August. It is monsoon season here in AZ and it has been very humid this last week but that can change in a day. Playing today at 3pm at 47% humidity so at least twice the normal summer % and 4 times the winter normal. But still quite a bit less than you guys at 78%. Playing winter golf when it is 80* with 9% humidity is a little slice of heaven. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I can tell you my original Precision Pro I tested for them and MGS how ever many moons ago is still kicking and holds its own against any of them. I think I am on my 4th battery. But I play a lot and shoot a lot on the range so mine is well used

I'm not sure what @DawgDaddy is doing to his Bushnells.  I've had my Tour V3 for 7 years and it's still going strong.  I got it as a birthday present from my wife, but she started using it when we rode together... then she put it in her bag so she could use it when she plays with the ladies.  I got a GPS.  The only problem with the Bushnell is that it eats batteries; have to replace every 5-6 months, so at least 15 batteries so far.  But my wife uses it 4 rounds a week, all year long weather permitting.  I just don't need a laser; if we are playing together, she will check the distance on par 3's so I know where the pin is in relation to my GPS distances.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

In a moment of weakness I ordered a shaft for my 5 wood that matches my 3 wood. Hopefully it will be here in a few days and installed before next week’s outing. 

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

5 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

In a moment of weakness I ordered a shaft for my 5 wood that matches my 3 wood. Hopefully it will be here in a few days and installed before next week’s outing. 

"Weakness"??!!??? Nah....

That, I believe, is just good and proper golf outing planning!! 😉☺️

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Just now, cksurfdude said:

"Weakness"??!!??? Nah....

That, I believe, is just good and proper golf outing planning!! 😉☺️

No it was a moment of weakness.  I love the shaft and it is one of the few that are hard to get from Graphite Design these days.  For the price that I just could not say no to it, no matter how hard I tried.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I'm not sure what @DawgDaddy is doing to his Bushnells.  I've had my Tour V3 for 7 years and it's still going strong.  I got it as a birthday present from my wife, but she started using it when we rode together... then she put it in her bag so she could use it when she plays with the ladies.  I got a GPS.  The only problem with the Bushnell is that it eats batteries; have to replace every 5-6 months, so at least 15 batteries so far.  But my wife uses it 4 rounds a week, all year long weather permitting.  I just don't need a laser; if we are playing together, she will check the distance on par 3's so I know where the pin is in relation to my GPS distances.

I play something in the range of 125 to 150 rounds per year, so I use mine every hole at least once and I will shoot for friends if they don't have a rangefinder. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

So I have to tip my cap to the folks at PGASS and (believe it or nor) FedEx. The order I placed Wednesday afternoon in my local store was shipped and delivered from Orlando to my door by this afternoon. That’s outstanding!

I couldn’t resist taking the SmartSole chipper out to the green by my house, and I was really surprised by it. I was using it from 30 yards out all the way up to the edge of the green and it was incredibly accurate directionally. I thought my distance control wasn’t too good at first, but my neighbor was watching me and he was really impressed. So, as usual, I’m my harshest critic.
The course was still being played though, so I wasn’t out there very long, maybe 30-40 balls? I wasn’t planning on putting it in play tomorrow, but now I’m going to go back out there in an hour or so and not only use the C again, but try to get an idea of how the 56* CBX2 plays both out of the sand and gapping wise after my DW. If there aren’t any major issues, it will be show time for both of them come morning!

@ole gray where has Cleveland Golf been all my life? 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Grand Stranded

6 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

So I have to tip my cap to the folks at PGASS and (believe it or nor) FedEx. The order I placed Wednesday afternoon in my local store was shipped and delivered from Orlando to my door by this afternoon. That’s outstanding!

I couldn’t resist taking the SmartSole chipper out to the green by my house, and I was really surprised by it. I was using it from 30 yards out all the way up to the edge of the green and it was incredibly accurate directionally. I thought my distance control wasn’t too good at first, but my neighbor was watching me and he was really impressed. So, as usual, I’m my harshest critic.
The course was still being played though, so I wasn’t out there very long, maybe 30-40 balls? I wasn’t planning on putting it in play tomorrow, but now I’m going to go back out there in an hour or so and not only use the C again, but try to get an idea of how the 56* CBX2 plays both out of the sand and gapping wise after my DW. If there aren’t any major issues, it will be show time for both of them come morning!

All you guys are getting me very intimate the Chipper!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Gotta watch spellcheck, “interesting”!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Hey Rick! How are you doing after the surgery?

Yeah, I’ve been frustrated for 2 years now with my short game. The joke with my playing buddies is I go from a single digit player to a +25 once I get inside 100 and put a wedge in my hands. 🙄 I turn more rounds that should be high 70 to low 80’s into high 80’s than anyone I know.

The final straw was in my Tuesday game. My drive was 30 yards further than anyone, and I only had 85 yards in. I skulled a 54* into a bunker in front of the green, hit my 58* over the back of it, and almost skulled my next one back into that bunker again. I two putted from just off for a 7. My 3 opponents had 4, 4, 5. 🙄

One of them is a 8 cap and he’s deadly with his chipper. He even uses it for 90 yard approach shots with a full swing… I don’t know if I’m ready to try that yet, but it dawned on me that a guy giving me 3 strokes was using a chipper, and here I was too proud to try one?

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s ideal for the guy who plays with less than 14 clubs. I’m going to be a little nervous with just a 56* wedge, but hey, if the 54&58 we’re doing their job, I wouldn’t be looking to change anything, right? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Gotta watch spellcheck, “interesting”!

Keep this between you and me buddy, but if mine can solve my short game woes, I’m prepared to do unspeakable things….

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Hey Rick! How are you doing after the surgery?

Yeah, I’ve been frustrated for 2 years now with my short game. The joke with my playing buddies is I go from a single digit player to a +25 once I get inside 100 and put a wedge in my hands. 🙄 I turn more rounds that should be high 70 to low 80’s into high 80’s than anyone I know.

The final straw was in my Tuesday game. My drive was 30 yards further than anyone, and I only had 85 yards in. I skulled a 54* into a bunker in front of the green, hit my 58* over the back of it, and almost skulled my next one back into that bunker again. I two putted from just off for a 7. My 3 opponents had 4, 4, 5. 🙄

One of them is a 8 cap and he’s deadly with his chipper. He even uses it for 90 yard approach shots with a full swing… I don’t know if I’m ready to try that yet, but it dawned on me that a guy giving me 3 strokes was using a chipper, and here I was too proud to try one?

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s ideal for the guy who plays with less than 14 clubs. I’m going to be a little nervous with just a 56* wedge, but hey, if the 54&58 we’re doing their job, I wouldn’t be looking to change anything, right? 🤷‍♂️

Knee is awesome.  Started chip & putt for 9 holes last week.  Should have done the surgery years ago but Covid got in the way. Doc said I can do everything as before except full swing, I can resume full swing in a few weeks. 
The chipper has my serious attention!  Follow you and @jlukes as summer goes on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

My chipping was legendary at my previous club.  One of my pards gave me the nickname "Master Chip" as a play on my Navy rank of Master Chief.  And, for the record, it was not for stellar chipping, but rather a sarcastic nick name due to my poor chipping.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Knee is awesome.  Started chip & putt for 9 holes last week.  Should have done the surgery years ago but Covid got in the way. Doc said I can do everything as before except full swing, I can resume full swing in a few weeks. 
The chipper has my serious attention!  Follow you and @jlukes as summer goes on.

If you are like me at 75, you don't have a full swing anymore.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Yes, those are the ones PXG’s been offering. The Fifty 5.0 is 59g, the 5.5 is 61g. Cleveland uses the exact same shafts in my Halos, but they use blue paint accents instead of green on the PXG shaft. I’m not sure what color Callaway has on theirs… I think orange?

I am waiting to see the new forged wedges they are building. I am sure I will see them. Lately we have had an emergence of PXG guys around my course LOL 4 guys on one team have went all PXG. One of my I guess permanant Shootout partners is borderline all PXG. He has the big staff bag and all. But he does putt with a Scotty and carries Vokey wedges for now. Among all of that crowd I am sure I will see one of the new PXG forged wedges. LOL I find the new commercial hilarious Bob forges wedges and the other guy forges checks------ the other guy is going to jail Bob is going to the golf course---- My vote so far for commercial of the year

G

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Just as long as you do not go along hopping and singing the Zip Core wedge song.  One of my buds who is a retired Navy CWO is a hoot. I played a round with him last week and flew one in the hole from about 50 yards with my 1953 985 Armour wedge. He coined the phrase "what you need is a worn out Macgregor wedge" He added he would try that thing but he is a lefty and as he says he has enough trouble anyhow

G

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Keep this between you and me buddy, but if mine can solve my short game woes, I’m prepared to do unspeakable things….

Get over it does not matter one iota if it helps you and shaves strokes. Of course when the weather gets cooler you need to come down and hang with me a day or so. I think I can show you some stuff around the greens that will make you a heartbreaker and life taker. I am not going to stretch out on the putting though I have been awful there lately

G