Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

On 8/23/2022 at 11:06 AM, blackngold_blood said:

Picked up a excellent condition set of Miura IC-601 4-PW irons with steel fiber shafts to play around with to end the year. First set of Miura’s so should be fun. 

On 8/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, blackngold_blood said:

Traded the XC towards a Ping G425 lst driver with a PVD Blue RDX stiff shaft. Almost 100% sure the shaft will be sold when it gets here but have wanted to give the 425 lst a run for a while now. 

On 8/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Well I threw out a stupid low offer on a Graphite Design UB 5s on the bay and the seller accepted. 

There will be an update coming to my WITB thread soon but the G425 LST/UB 5S combo set to big minus is a show stopper for me.  My misses are pushes or pulls but the ball just wants to go straight and far. 

The irons are a wait and see. The SteelFiber shaft in regular is definitely not for me so I’m gonna need to change them out. 

Also on a side note I found my ball for the foreseeable future. I picked up some Vice Pro Soft balls on Friday morning and they are excellent. I grabbed 2 dozen but may go online and do the 5 dozen deal for sub $30/doz. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

There will be an update coming to my WITB thread soon but the G425 LST/UB 5S combo set to big minus is a show stopper for me.  My misses are pushes or pulls but the ball just wants to go straight and far. 

The irons are a wait and see. The SteelFiber shaft in regular is definitely not for me so I’m gonna need to change them out. 

Also on a side note I found my ball for the foreseeable future. I picked up some Vice Pro Soft balls on Friday morning and they are excellent. I grabbed 2 dozen but may go online and do the 5 dozen deal for sub $30/doz. 

The one time I tried steelfiber shafts were in the Callaway Epic irons when we got a set as a demo and no lie i could no find the face at all. It was the worst feel I have ever had swinging a golf club. Put a Nippon or DG and all was fine. I'm sure it's a shaft that works for many but I certainly won't be going near them!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The one time I tried steelfiber shafts were in the Callaway Epic irons when we got a set as a demo and no lie i could no find the face at all. It was the worst feel I have ever had swinging a golf club. Put a Nippon or DG and all was fine. I'm sure it's a shaft that works for many but I certainly won't be going near them!

I hit them fairly decent but they are 80’s and that’s is just too light for me to be consistent. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

... I have said before I tried Steelfiber i95s in s flex and felt pretty much the same. But watching so many on the LPGA with swing speeds similar to mine play them kept my interest. I thought how can the top 3 ladies in the world among many others all play them if they feel so bad? After talking with a Rep at the show and told for a smooth swinger he would recommend dropping down a flex. I tried them again in r flex and they became my favorite shafts. Never played shafts I went from hating the feel to loving the performance and I have grown to love the feel as well. I think you really need to be fit into the correct Steelfiber shaft or they are no bueno mucho. 

Edit: and I am not saying even with the right fit Steelfibers are for everyone. Feel is obviously very subjective. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have said before I tried Steelfiber i95s in s flex and felt pretty much the same. But watching so many on the LPGA with swing speeds similar to mine play them kept my interest. I thought how can the top 3 ladies in the world among many others all play them if they feel so bad? After talking with a Rep at the show and told for a smooth swinger he would recommend dropping down a flex. I tried them again in r flex and they became my favorite shafts. Never played shafts I went from hating the feel to loving the performance and I have grown to love the feel as well. I think you really need to be fit into the correct Steelfiber shaft or they are no bueno mucho. 

Edit: and I am not saying even with the right fit Steelfibers are for everyone. Feel is obviously very subjective. 

The feel was very good. Provided a soft feel just don’t think the weight was right for me. I’m usually at 105 and these were 80

3 hours ago, chisag said:

Recently bought a set of used UST Recoil ES 780 F4 stiff. Kind of a shot in the dark really. My pro was supportive and said give it a shot.

My DGs were feeling a bit too heavy for me lately and it’s been a nice / surprising change.  I have never gamed graphite irons before.  

I am finding my 3/4 shots feel easier to hit. They are still launching great on full shots. I am also not getting the ballooning trajectories I was fearing.

Shot one of my best rounds after switching to the Recoils.  I am wondering if I need a heavier (non recoil) PW shaft though, the difference between PW and my conventional steel GW is bigger now.   So far so good though.

I totally agree it’s not for everyone but this experiment was definitely eye opening for sure.

Going now try a new Recoil ES SMACWRAP F4 Stiff in a new Haywood CB 7 iron to see how that feels.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

6 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

The feel was very good. Provided a soft feel just don’t think the weight was right for me. I’m usually at 105 and these were 80

... I hear ya and I am still undecided on the i80's I put in my Forged Tecs. I already have i95's and at 69 I figured a slightly lighter shaft in the i80's (that Nelly Korda plays btw) was worth a shot. Not different enough than my i95's to really be a problem but the 95's are just a better weight that I am used to playing. Dropping from 105 to 80 is a bigger jump of course.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

59 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I hear ya and I am still undecided on the i80's I put in my Forged Tecs. I already have i95's and at 69 I figured a slightly lighter shaft in the i80's (that Nelly Korda plays btw) was worth a shot. Not different enough then my i95's to really be a problem but the 95's are just a better weight that I am used to playing. Dropping from 105 to 80 is a bigger jump of course.  

im trying to figure out what steelfiber shafts i want to play in my next set. either i95cw regular or fc90 cw in stiff. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 8/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, edingc said:

Couple of off-season geared purchases for me today:

1. The Stack - Listened to Sasho on a podcast and was sold. Have been hemming and hawing about it for a while now and finally committed.
  2. Stick Mobility Sticks - Actually purchased these thanks to my wife's recommendation. Anything to help keep/gain some flexibility as I get older.

Cody, have these arrived yet?  I'm looking forward to your reviews...big Stack fan myself, and the mobility sticks are on my radar...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

30 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Cody, have these arrived yet?  I'm looking forward to your reviews...big Stack fan myself, and the mobility sticks are on my radar...

The Stack won't be here until October, unfortunately, but that's OK because that's really when golf season is "officially" over for me. I'm hoping Stack will be the final push that gets me capable of hitting 300 total more often next season. On good, dry days I'm usually getting a few out to 285-295, but only a couple have exceeded 300 yards this year.

I did get the mobility sticks. I kind of underestimated just how long seven feet is... they're a touch too tall for me to use in the largest part of my basement. My original intent was to bring them to the gym at work, but I'm not sure about the crazy looks I might get transporting them to/from my office a few times a week (and in/out of my compact car).

I do really like the five foot stick, there's lots of things you can do with just that one. From a t-spine mobility point it's really helpful to get that extra stretch at the top of the backswing. Overall, you could probably use a wooden dowel or schedule 80 PVC for most of the stuff at a significantly cheaper price. The programming is fine, but it's nothing earth shattering or special and many of the movements are out there for free with Fit for Golf.

I'd recommend watching some of their stretching workouts on YouTube and see if you feel like the tension-based stretching is something you'd like (bow-and-arrow stretches, I think they are called). I wouldn't want to do those with wood or regular PVC. I think schedule 40 PVC would bend too much and schedule 80 might snap or deform quite a bit under the pressure. 

Otherwise, I think most people could get by with a $12 subscription to Mike's flexibility routine and a few dollars worth of PVC from a home improvement store.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Picked up a 4-PW set of Accra Iseries Steel 105’s. The price was amazing which left me slightly surprised but I paid via Venmo goods and services so I should be covered. 

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

you can buy my mobility sticks from me, they are sitting around gathering dust lol

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

you can buy my mobility sticks from me, they are sitting around gathering dust lol

Perhaps...need to settle on a mobility program first...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They arrived! Super pumped. Look awesome played well so far and just a fantastic set that I'm excited about using!

Screenshot_2022-08-30-14-06-53-57_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Congrats again! The PING i210s are legendary clubs with many PING staff players still playing with them on Tour. 

Would be very curious to see how these compare to your old i210s over time. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

15 minutes ago, Motoboss said:

05CD6B8E-6F44-43C4-9CF9-6063DAFC7BDC.jpeg

2A9EDE56-2FA2-4140-A6EB-D88FFAB12391.jpeg

8F8C4837-BA23-4F88-9975-80AC4CD7E07A.jpeg

Wow. That's stunning. Well done.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Oh what have I gone and done..? 🤦🏼‍♂️

InShot_20220830_212453691.jpg.4a3684dbdbb29a50f6e3821c8afc9bb0.jpg

InShot_20220830_212917411.jpg.6d4f341423ef69e4c49cd67978d1c449.jpg

You're gonan love it. I ordered a PXG driver this year too and I love it.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Ordered this this morning from back home.

birds-of-condor-golf-club-driver-head-co

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I ordered a PXG Gen2 6 hybrid that should be delivered today.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

On 8/31/2022 at 3:03 AM, DiscipleofPenick said:

You're gonan love it. I ordered a PXG driver this year too and I love it.

I started a little thread about it here in case anyone's interest is piqued. Had LM session and so far things are looking really nice

PXG Gen 5 Driver? https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/52754-pxg-gen-5-driver/

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Haven't bought anything in a while so had to scratch the itch...

I'm not sure what "in a while" translates to... but if it is over a week or two... that has to be a record!!!  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1