TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Recently did an iron set purchase. The Callaway TCB set from 4-pw. I noticed the misses are no longer 10 yards but closer to six. The ability to flight the ball is still fairly easy despite how much the ball curves left or right. Definitely knew it was time to move away and upgrade from the from Cobra FlyZ Pros. 

Callaway.png.ce28fb1f5887bb5a1042a7a1b69c0ba3.png Driver Rouge LS 9.5 - GD XC

Callaway.png.ce28fb1f5887bb5a1042a7a1b69c0ba3.png3 Wood Great Big Bertha ◊◊◊– Oban Kiyoshi

64646175_srixonlogo.jpg.c2bfd40f8878d6d3a1f482a3b14a70db.jpg18 degree – Fujikura Speeder

Callaway.png.ce28fb1f5887bb5a1042a7a1b69c0ba3.png(4-PW) TCB, TT Dynamic Gold Tour 120 S

cleveland.png.d71ad5abb01cdc938428d1b5a9008081.pngWedges (52, 56, 60) TT Dynamic Gold Tour 120 S

1837479610_ToulonLogo.jpg.7ee58d6f9c8455a051a7c6a88bda9d0a.jpgPutter Atlanta

Callaway.png.ce28fb1f5887bb5a1042a7a1b69c0ba3.pngChrome Soft LS

15 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Cool...I was in NC as few years ago and they had just opened a location at a course near where we were staying but we were playing 36 a day so there was no time to try and schedule on then.   That's the cloests I have come.  But everytime they post on SM about a new location comng, I throw in a bid for Maryland..ha

I was lucky enough to be fit by Ian several years ago in Toronto (it's on their channel if you want a good laugh) and it was the first real truly provessional fitting I had, learned so much spending that 1/2 day with him  and Matt.  

I think the title is Fittings are Just For Buying Clubs or something like that the date was June 2018 I believe) 

Oh, I've seen your episode, trust me (I LOVE their fitting videos, and when I first found the channel, ran through nearly all of them) 😉  @GolfSpy_APHsent it to me, actually.  So great.  Ian would be a bucket-list type of thing - just watching him work with average golfers is a pretty exceptional thing - I kind of wish they'd do more stuff like that on their channel, instead of all the club-reviews, but...I get it.  Clicks are where it's at.  

Here's hoping I get even half out of my fitting that you got out of yours!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

8 hours ago, Samsonite said:

image.png.08adfa58c950c5f63cb929a2aae627cd.pngMerry Christmas to me, from my wife (well, her aunties who always insist on buying me a present...twist my arm, why don't ya).

Full bag fitting (sans putter) at True Spec Beverly Hills (fancy shmancy), scheduled for January 6 - 50% off ($187.50) with code "BFCM50", in case you want to get in on the action.  They're also doing +15% on any gift cards, so for $165 (or so), you end up with a full bag fitting normally $375.  Killer deal.

Anyway - it's more for the experience than anything else, as I've never been fully fitted, and it'll be exciting to have that kind of day in a place like this.  I'll try my best to document as best as I can - this has been a dream for a while now, to get the whole experience, so hopefully I'm in good form that day.  

Nice present!!  You will enjoy it, I'm sure.  I had one a few years ago at True Spec in Bend Oregon.  The fitter basically said that he couldn't put me into anything that would improve on what I already had.  I respect a fitter that doesn't push you into something you don't really need.  I did fall in love with a set of Mizunos; they felt so good and had a little better dispersion, but not enough to make me want to dump my irons and spend $1200.  Have fun!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

23 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

You're kidding...

Nope!!

21 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

I've never encountered a course that supplies you caddies. I'm honestly not sure I'd want one. That's like full serve gas, just seems to weird.

I can tell you that if you ever play any of the courses at Bandon Dunes, a caddie will save you a bunch of strokes.  It's expensive, but the experience is worth it and your score will be lower.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, klucches said:

Recently did an iron set purchase. The Callaway TCB set from 4-pw. I noticed the misses are no longer 10 yards but closer to six. The ability to flight the ball is still fairly easy despite how much the ball curves left or right. Definitely knew it was time to move away and upgrade from the from Cobra FlyZ Pros. 

Something I will suggest with new clubs--- Experiment around with different balls--- Different clubs because of design etc react differently with different balls. Mostly these days I am a Srixon guy since I have won so many over the past 2 years mainly Q Star Tours. With the Tourist influx season going on now Bridgestone E-6s must be on sale because I have found like 4 or 5 yellow ones brand new in the last 2 weeks. On a whim I played 2 in last weeks shootout and they performed well for me. I used the same 2 balls in my rounds Tuesday and yesterday. Now I am not going to justify me going out and buying a dozen because I still have like 4 dozen Q Stars and like 4 dozen Soft Feels. They must have changed the E-6 quite a bit because I remember when those came out a Pro friend of mine gave me 2 sleeves and I hated them because I could not curve them and they seemed hard off the putter for me. These did not feel that way so they may have changed them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm eagerly awaiting my NLU pro shop order. It's in the country now so hopefully late today or tomorrow it will arrive!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Something I will suggest with new clubs--- Experiment around with different balls--- Different clubs because of design etc react differently with different balls. Mostly these days I am a Srixon guy since I have won so many over the past 2 years mainly Q Star Tours. With the Tourist influx season going on now Bridgestone E-6s must be on sale because I have found like 4 or 5 yellow ones brand new in the last 2 weeks. On a whim I played 2 in last weeks shootout and they performed well for me. I used the same 2 balls in my rounds Tuesday and yesterday. Now I am not going to justify me going out and buying a dozen because I still have like 4 dozen Q Stars and like 4 dozen Soft Feels. They must have changed the E-6 quite a bit because I remember when those came out a Pro friend of mine gave me 2 sleeves and I hated them because I could not curve them and they seemed hard off the putter for me. These did not feel that way so they may have changed them

I've been finding Bridgestone white balls recently, I use different balls but I've not kept track of which ones are better for me. Still working on hitting consistent straightish shots, but need to look at what's the best ball soon...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

14 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I've been finding Bridgestone white balls recently, I use different balls but I've not kept track of which ones are better for me. Still working on hitting consistent straightish shots, but need to look at what's the best ball soon...

A few years back I was a big Bridgestone Treo Soft fan. When I switched cars I found a dozen I won a couple of years back in a annual charity event. I threw 6 in the bag the other day along with 2 of the yellow E-6s I had found. Our course has a strong Srixon presence and I have won so many the last 2 years of so I have bunches. I have gotten used to Srixon balls. I played the 2 yellow E-6s Saturday in the shootout. Used those same 2 balls for rounds Tuesday and Wednesday. They are wearing well and I do not notice any more distance or spin compared to my usual Q Star or Q Star Tour. If we play the Shootout Saturday I will more than likely put 2 Treo Softs into play. I mess around on my practice rounds and play whatever premimun scuffed ball I grab from the shag bag. These days it does not really matter to me. If I were going to play serious comp or big money matches again it would be either Vice or Snell balls or maybe the Z-Star

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 11/23/2022 at 10:32 AM, Samsonite said:

image.png.08adfa58c950c5f63cb929a2aae627cd.pngMerry Christmas to me, from my wife (well, her aunties who always insist on buying me a present...twist my arm, why don't ya).

Full bag fitting (sans putter) at True Spec Beverly Hills (fancy shmancy), scheduled for January 6 - 50% off ($187.50) with code "BFCM50", in case you want to get in on the action.  They're also doing +15% on any gift cards, so for $165 (or so), you end up with a full bag fitting normally $375.  Killer deal.

Anyway - it's more for the experience than anything else, as I've never been fully fitted, and it'll be exciting to have that kind of day in a place like this.  I'll try my best to document as best as I can - this has been a dream for a while now, to get the whole experience, so hopefully I'm in good form that day.  

Have fun.  Don't try too hard.   Swing easy (you're going to hit a ton of shots).  Lastly, if you're comfortable asking,  ask a lot of questions about why they're making the adjustments they are.  I found the answers to those questions to be as informative as the specs you get at the end. One last bit of advice.  Be prepared for the sticker shock at the quoted prices, and don't be disheartened.  There's a good (and reasonably priced) builder up your way that can do whatever you need him to do based off your specs.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

11 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I was doing so well then fell off the wagon. Bought a Titleist TSR2+ this week and a TSi3 20* hybrid this morning. The TSR2+ was just a rocket off the tee and well I go a great deal on the hybrid. Bag is now complete for another year I guess. 

Can't keep a good ho down!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Bought some range rooster gloves and took advantage of the global golf sale and got some footjoy gloves, a towel, replacement spikes and a peacock headvover

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 11/23/2022 at 1:32 PM, Samsonite said:

Full bag fitting ...

...is a *LOTTA* work! Suggestion: if your schedule allows think about calling them and ask if you can split it into two sessions, eg. woods/hybrids and then irons/wedges....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

6 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Bought some range rooster gloves and took advantage of the global golf sale and got some footjoy gloves, a towel, replacement spikes and a peacock headvover

Randy, so now we can call you... rooster?!  😆

23 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Have fun.  Don't try too hard.   Swing easy (you're going to hit a ton of shots).  Lastly, if you're comfortable asking,  ask a lot of questions about why they're making the adjustments they are.  I found the answers to those questions to be as informative as the specs you get at the end. One last bit of advice.  Be prepared for the sticker shock at the quoted prices, and don't be disheartened.  There's a good (and reasonably priced) builder up your way that can do whatever you need him to do based off your specs.

This is awesome, thank you! I will for sure be asking as many questions as I can think of/they’ll allow 😉 I’ve been waiting on this moment for a while now - I’m nervous I’m going to annoy the cap out of my fitter, lol. 

I’ve got a great excuse not to be worried about their prices, as I’m 100% unable to buy anything at this point, so my only goal is to find out what my best settings are for a future buy. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Picked up a new Vessel XV bag.. Was planning on waiting a while before spending any more money but the 20% off Black Friday deal couldn't be missed. Although I was late and they ran out of the magnetic golf towels. I don't know if that's something that was really nice or not. Somebody take away my credit cards please and change the password to my PayPay.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Maxfli Tour CG "cube" of 48*, plus a cube of Maxfli StraightFli for winter play.

*** SPECIAL PRICING ***

Download and buy thru the DSG app and get an extra -$20 off!

So the Tour CG cube is marked @ $119.99 but today thru the app it's $99.99

*** TODAY CYBER MONDAY ONLY ***

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

30 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Maxfli Tour CG "cube" of 48*, plus a cube of Maxfli StraightFli for winter play.

*** SPECIAL PRICING ***

Download and buy thru the DSG app and get an extra -$20 off!

So the Tour CG cube is marked @ $119.99 but today thru the app it's $99.99

*** TODAY CYBER MONDAY ONLY ***

That's a great deal.  However, I don't need that many balls!!  I'm sure the next generation (or the one after that) will be so much better, and I'd be stuck with a bunch of the old version!  😂

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

However, I don't need that many balls!! 

Hey c'mon you know that funny saying...

It takes a LOT of balls to play golf the way I do! 🤣

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

That's a great deal.  However, I don't need that many balls!!  I'm sure the next generation (or the one after that) will be so much better, and I'd be stuck with a bunch of the old version!  😂

I would be surprised if they changed anything for a while. Maxfli has a good thing going for a good cheap ball and probably will ride them out as long as they can. They aren't known for "R & D" as much as low prices.

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Finally placed my RBG order after much hemming and hawing. VC4 GPS device on super discount and FJ Fuel BOA shoes on the way to the casa, and I still have 183 dollars in credit for a ball purchase as the season gets closer, and could be more if the Smart Sole doesn't make it through the winter.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I changed the grip on my Ping putter, I bought a putter in a "OP shop" for $10 because it had a nice Pistol grip and I wanted to change the biggest jumbo grip that the last owner had on it. Not sure I'm staying with it but I'm not putting much worse, thinking about trying a LONG putter.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, Muckinfiddle said:

I would be surprised if they changed anything for a while. Maxfli has a good thing going for a good cheap ball and probably will ride them out as long as they can. They aren't known for "R & D" as much as low prices.

You are probably right, but I'm sure they would make an exception just for me.  😂  I bought 2 dozen of the Tour X in June just to give them a try.  I quit using them in November as the weather turned cold, and I have a dozen left... probably 60-70 rounds.  The Titleist Tour Soft in Yellow is my preferred winter ball.  I'll put the Maxfli back in play in late Feb or early Mar depending on the temp.  I might get some Tours to compare to the Tour X.

42 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You are probably right, but I'm sure they would make an exception just for me.  😂  I bought 2 dozen of the Tour X in June just to give them a try.  I quit using them in November as the weather turned cold, and I have a dozen left... probably 60-70 rounds.  The Titleist Tour Soft in Yellow is my preferred winter ball.  I'll put the Maxfli back in play in late Feb or early Mar depending on the temp.  I might get some Tours to compare to the Tour X.

Heck at just over $2 a ball, play them year around....

In my Vessel bag:

Put in an order for a 21* UW with 80g MMT shaft. excited for it to come in.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, Muckinfiddle said:

Heck at just over $2 a ball, play them year around....

The cost is not the issue.  I like the feel of the Tour Soft better when it's cold.  Don't get much spin when the greens are very firm anyway so have to play "run the ball onto the green"

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The cost is not the issue.  I like the feel of the Tour Soft better when it's cold.  Don't get much spin when the greens are very firm anyway so have to play "run the ball onto the green"

Okay, makes sense. It's the same reason I play pro v1s in the fall.

In my Vessel bag:

Oooops it happened again....

Another Cyber Monday super deal email promo .. another Cyber Monday impulsive purchase 🤣

'22 Code Chaos waterproof spikeless

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

20 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Oooops it happened again....

Another Cyber Monday super deal email promo .. another Cyber Monday impulsive purchase 🤣

'22 Code Chaos waterproof spikeless

I know, they have $30 off on sqairez golf shoes right now too. I kinda want a pair of black ones but I can't really say that they've been that comfortable so I'm on the fence.

In my Vessel bag: