Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

On 12/31/2022 at 9:24 PM, Rickp said:

He has a goal of something like giving away 200 dozen this year!!!   
I’ll qget the real number tomorrow.

He's what I call a ball hawk.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

50 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Agree with your thoughts of "kind of hard to pass up" and I am fairly certain that for the TSi2 to get close to that price may take longer than you may think.

Oh I realize that, lol. I’m talking maybe a $50 or so price drop? It’s another club I don’t really need right now, but I really like my 21* TSi2, so the idea of a matching 5H makes sense to me.

That sounds very well thought out, but I know myself all too well. Once I start “thinking” about getting a club, I’m better off just getting it, because I always do it anyway within a week or two.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

I'll be honest, when I saw ads for this, I thought "that's so dumb"... But then on vacation last month, they had this set up next to the pool, and we watched people having a blast playing it. So.... Now it's mine - PutterBall, cross been putting and beer pong. 

PXL_20230107_042028225.jpg.47f1b9d8a9a40943e143191689903444.jpg

Doesn't fold out as smooth as I'd hoped, but still looks fun. Unfortunately we planned to use it for the first time on NYE, but 🤮 toddler cancelled our plans. 

Second similar purchase that also had it's maiden NYE voyage cancelled - not technically golf, but can be a fun addition to a buddies trip (comes apart, so very portable): Craggy Hooks game. Played a few games against the wife on NYE, and it's definitely a good time.

PXL_20230107_042830009.jpg.86e354bca4071e478d14a70294f097bf.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

On 1/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Pics coming when I get everything but been busy since Christmas. 

Picked up so far

A set of PX LZ 5.0 iron shafts

New/Shop Worn Ping I59 4-PW heads

Used Ping G430 LST 9* head

Still need

ferrules

new tour set epoxy

tour velvet grips

g430 driver adapter

possibly a BGT Brava driver shaft(hoping to test it next week)

Well it didn’t happen how I planned. My epoxy is bad and the new hasn’t arrived yet so I took the clubs to my local guy to have them for tomorrow’s start to the winter sim league. Forgot to take pics before but will get some tomorrow when I pick them up. 

I left my PXG Gen5 0311 driver head with him to see if any of his connections may want to buy it. He texted me a bit ago asking if I’d include the Accra RPG shaft with it and what I wanted. I mentioned if I got enough to take the sting out of the Brava X price I’d be happy. Long story short it’s a straight up trade for the new BGT Brava X shaft with a Ping g430 adapter.  

Hoping it’s better than the Autoflexx 505xx for me as I hit it today while waiting for him to have a minute and couldn’t keep the thing in the planet.  Everything super high and left with tons of spin.  Club speed was up 2-3mph and ball speed was up 4-5mph but direction, spin, and distance were worse. If I slowed myself way down, I could get the spin down and distance back but still went left.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

4 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

left my PXG Gen5 0311 driver head with him to see if any of his connections may want to buy it. He texted me a bit ago asking if I’d include the Accra RPG shaft with it and what I wanted. I mentioned if I got enough to take the sting out of the Brava X price I’d be happy. Long story short it’s a straight up trade for the new BGT Brava X shaft with a Ping g430 adapter.  

Hoping it’s better than the Autoflexx 505xx for me as I hit it today while waiting for him to have a minute and couldn’t keep the thing in the planet.  Everything super high and left with tons of spin.  Club speed was up 2-3mph and ball speed was up 4-5mph but direction, spin, and distance were worse. If I slowed myself way down, I could get the spin down and distance back but still went left.

... Being a club HO is tough. But being a shaft HO is even tougher! I keep thinking I have the exact shaft I need/want (and I currently do) but new shafts always seem to get my attention. I sometimes feel like Malcom from Jurassic Park "I'm always on the lookout for a future ex Mrs. Malcolm Driver Shaft." 🙄  Good luck with the new shaft! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my new Edison wedges today......

Are they here yet??

Are they here yet??

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 1/1/2023 at 2:42 PM, Rickp said:

Is there an easy way to tell the new version from previous?

Old version has a single red line on either side of “TruFeel”

New version has a double red line on either side.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

37 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my new Edison wedges today......

Are they here yet??

Are they here yet??

I think that you are going to love those Edison wedges.  I started with just one Edison wedge (a 49* that I use as my gap wedge). I played that wedge from the later part of 2021 until about 4 months ago, and then added 45*, 54*, and 59* Edison wedges to my bag (the 45* is bent to 44* loft and has replaced the pitching wedge in my iron set). All four of those Edison wedges are in my bag, and they are both the best, and most versatile, wedges that I own …. and I own a lot of wedges!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Old version has a single red line on either side of “TruFeel”

New version has a double red line on either side.

Excellent!!  Thank you!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Being a club HO is tough. But being a shaft HO is even tougher! I keep thinking I have the exact shaft I need/want (and I currently do) but new shafts always seem to get my attention. I sometimes feel like Malcom from Jurassic Park "I'm always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm." 🙄  Good luck with the new shaft! 

I had actually planned on demoing the Brava shaft first but with his offer I figured why not.  I change shafts as often as I do clubs and that’s the only reason I have yet to invest in the all-fit adapter system. Something I may have to change now that I have a local guy that is doing everything he can to carry all brands. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He is super high on the Edel SMS irons and trying to push me there. Not sure I want to spend 2K on a set of irons though.

He is also the only guy within 100 miles of me that carries some Evnroll putters so he may just get some more coin out of me next month. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I had actually planned on demoing the Brava shaft first but with his offer I figured why not.  I change shafts as often as I do clubs and that’s the only reason I have yet to invest in the all-fit adapter system. Something I may have to change now that I have a local guy that is doing everything he can to carry all brands. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He is super high on the Edel SMS irons and trying to push me there. Not sure I want to spend 2K on a set of irons though.

He is also the only guy within 100 miles of me that carries some Evnroll putters so he may just get some more coin out of me next month. 

... One of the advantages of playing year round. Back in Chicago winter meant club projects and spending way more than I did in season. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... One of the advantages of playing year round. Back in Chicago winter meant club projects and spending way more than I did in season. 

Boy that would be the life 😂 I know the wife eventually wants to move south but that’s still a good 5-10 years off.   I’m actually hoping that with him carrying all the oems I can stop hoin’ by trying them all before buying

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

My Christmas Birthday present from SWMBO has arrived….

63F6BD76-7E96-494A-9FC9-95319C06D2CB.jpeg

9B46E7F0-56EF-406B-B48B-7B588BBC84C2.jpeg

987BB6EC-4C38-449C-8B4A-5BBB40ECA46D.jpeg

Well Done!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 1/5/2023 at 3:56 PM, juspoole said:

Found an SM9 58* wedge from Global Golf that was Left Handed and really good condition.   I usually only like to buy new for wedges, but there are free returns and it's not like I'm in a rush here in Indiana to play - so I thought I'd give it a shot.  

I’ve had great luck with Global Golf. Clubs always seem to be in better condition than they are graded for. Tough to find those lefty wedges on there at times, too! Hope it works out for you!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

On 1/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, funkyjudge said:

I think that you are going to love those Edison wedges.  I started with just one Edison wedge (a 49* that I use as my gap wedge). I played that wedge from the later part of 2021 until about 4 months ago, and then added 45*, 54*, and 59* Edison wedges to my bag (the 45* is bent to 44* loft and has replaced the pitching wedge in my iron set). All four of those Edison wedges are in my bag, and they are both the best, and most versatile, wedges that I own …. and I own a lot of wedges!

I do already! Bunker shot with the 57* that led to a one putt par and a chip in Birdie with the 53*!

1 minute ago, fozcycle said:

I do already! Bunker shot with the 57* that led to a one putt par and a chip in Birdie with the 53*!

I did essentially the same thing with my 54* and 59* Edison wedges the first two rounds that I played them. On the very first hole of the first round, I chipped in for birdie with the 54* wedge, and later in that round I hit two pitches over bunkers to tight (or semi-tight) pin positions using the 59* Edison wedge and both shots ended up much closer to the hole than I expected or hoped for.  The second round was more of the same, with lots of close approaches. The capper came in a tournament round where I once again chipped in to win a skin in a 108-player field (I also finished T4 and won more money in that tournament).

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Managed to get a screaming deal on a Precision Pro NX10. Just hope that they don't cancel my order and that it ships soon.....

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS