TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Bought two more ladies shafts to match my Otto phlex shaft in my Titleist TS3 driver, I want to try my Mizuno MP Type ll driver head with the Otto phlex shaft plus TM SIM head and I'm betting the Mizuno head Wil be superior...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 1/30/2023 at 6:39 PM, caryncgolfer said:

Curious, what was the buy it now price b4 your offer?

$99+ $20 shipping. I got him to take $10 off the shipping and $68 for the club. It came to about $85 total with tax.

So the M2 3HL arrived today in perfect condition, head still in plastic and the original HC ( which he didn’t think he had) still in the sealed bag. I took it to our range and to be honest, it’s a strange club. Like with anything, I’m seeing some pros and cons already.

Cons…. Despite the 16.5*loft the shaft is 3W length. It has a light Atmos 5A shaft, yet it feels very heavy compared to a lot of the clubs in my bag. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, just… different? It’s not the most forgiving club either, probably due to the shaft length.
Pros… I hit about 20-25 balls with it, and I honestly don’t see much difference between the height I’d get with a normal 3W, maybe a tad higher and I didn’t seem to be getting much less distance than I would with a 15*. 

Obviously way too early to give more info than that, but like I said when I bought it, I stink with FWs, and I’ll only be using this once or twice most rounds so until another “bargain” comes along, this will be fine.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

5 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I was given this when I sold golf clubs for a widow, no pen but handy tool...

Hopefully the widow doesn’t bite.  Can she cook?

4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

$99+ $20 shipping. I got him to take $10 off the shipping and $68 for the club. It came to about $85 total with tax.

So the M2 3HL arrived today in perfect condition, head still in plastic and the original HC ( which he didn’t think he had) still in the sealed bag. I took it to our range and to be honest, it’s a strange club. Like with anything, I’m seeing some pros and cons already.

Cons…. Despite the 16.5*loft the shaft is 3W length. It has a light Atmos 5A shaft, yet it feels very heavy compared to a lot of the clubs in my bag. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, just… different? It’s not the most forgiving club either, probably due to the shaft length.
Pros… I hit about 20-25 balls with it, and I honestly don’t see much difference between the height I’d get with a normal 3W, maybe a tad higher and I didn’t seem to be getting much less distance than I would with a 15*. 

Obviously way too early to give more info than that, but like I said when I bought it, I stink with FWs, and I’ll only be using this once or twice most rounds so until another “bargain” comes along, this will be fine.

Noice!

Mizuno irons, hybrids and Driver of the week 😆.  Cally wedges from CPO!

Nice Shot Man! ⛳️ 

4 hours ago, caryncgolfer said:

Hopefully the widow doesn’t bite.  Can she cook?

Noice!

She's not a black widow nor has she 8 legs..

It looks like she can cook..

Look at me Look at Me Look at meee....

Edited by Bang60
Missed info

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

L.A.B. DF2.1 was delivered yesterday!

IMG_0642.jpeg.56168a29faf7af04cd630a93f168a1bc.jpeg

Nice Carl!  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you have had a chance to put it into action.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

IMG_0458.jpg.7ed87bbbada096a2075382e007fcf622.jpg

Just purchased a new Aerotech SteelFiber 5 iron shaft. Looking forward to trying out this type of shaft! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Well I gotta stop posting in here at some point right?  Sure but not today. Srixon ZX5 LS 8.5* head has been procured to try to get me to an all Srixon/Cleveland bag minus putter and Rapture 2- iron

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 1/22/2023 at 10:31 PM, Grand Stranded said:

In an effort to pick up a little SS I picked up a Rogue ST Max 3 wood with a 40g Cypher shaft on CPO recently. I haven’t been playing a lot, but after about my 3rd swing the shaft snapped about 3 inches below the grip.

I called Callaway looking to replace it, but no luck. I had to return it instead. I then picked up an Epic Max with the same shaft on eBay. Saturday on my very first swing the shaft snapped again in the exact same spot. Again, returning for a refund.

I’m quoting the above post, just to give some context to what I’m about to tell you here….

3 weeks ago, I decided to return the Rogue ST Max I have under it’s 90 day playability guarantee and order another G425 Max, which is what I had prior with the only difference being this time I’d get a 10.5* instead of a 9*

Fortunately they let me hold onto the Rogue until my Ping arrived, because today the store called me and said that my club had arrived, but the box was damaged and the shaft had splintered.

That’s 3 separate clubs, 3 broken shafts, one within 10 swings, one on the very first, and another that never even made it into my hands all within a month’s time.

. Unbelievable… I couldn’t make this up if I tried.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

13 hours ago, CarlH said:

L.A.B. DF2.1 was delivered yesterday!

IMG_0642.jpeg.56168a29faf7af04cd630a93f168a1bc.jpeg

I play with a guy that has this putter. He is deadly with it!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

11 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

IMG_0458.jpg.7ed87bbbada096a2075382e007fcf622.jpg

Just purchased a new Aerotech SteelFiber 5 iron shaft. Looking forward to trying out this type of shaft! 

Good Luck. I purchased a set of irons with these shafts and they helped a lot with the elbow issues I was having with steel. My only issue is I could not hit them high enough. It was tough to hold the green.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m quoting the above post, just to give some context to what I’m about to tell you here….

3 weeks ago, I decided to return the Rogue ST Max I have under it’s 90 day playability guarantee and order another G425 Max, which is what I had prior with the only difference being this time I’d get a 10.5* instead of a 9*

Fortunately they let me hold onto the Rogue until my Ping arrived, because today the store called me and said that my club had arrived, but the box was damaged and the shaft had splintered.

That’s 3 separate clubs, 3 broken shafts, one within 10 swings, one on the very first, and another that never even made it into my hands all within a month’s time.

. Unbelievable… I couldn’t make this up if I tried.

Something is telling you don't do it...

No photos yet and not a purchase, but The Golfers Journal sent out my driver cover for my subscription. Not sure it will replace the mgs camo, but man it does look good!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No photos yet and not a purchase, but The Golfers Journal sent out my driver cover for my subscription. Not sure it will replace the mgs camo, but man it does look good!

Just went to the site. Nice mag!

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

22 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Good Luck. I purchased a set of irons with these shafts and they helped a lot with the elbow issues I was having with steel. My only issue is I could not hit them high enough. It was tough to hold the green.

Thanks for the info Dawg! This is first iron shaft test away from steel. Glad you like the shafts! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

She’s in the driveway. Ready for glamping and golf trips…..whenever it warms up

05AAD07A-CBAC-4494-A1E4-B6A1CDBE2F6E.jpeg.5053d3369475683b313daea3b6c35e23.jpeg

Nice! Rolling around with a camper is the only way to go. I don't think I could handle sleeping on an air mattress anymore, plus having climate control is awesome! I can't wait to hear about the trips you and your family take in it.

Just now, sirchunksalot said:

Nice! Rolling around with a camper is the only way to go. I don't think I could handle sleeping on an air mattress anymore, plus having climate control is awesome! I can't wait to hear about the trips you and your family take in it.

My family rented forever when I was a kid. My parents bought one a few years ago and have a seasonal site in maine along with my uncle now….got a few trips planned this year can’t wait….next is a truck upgrade possibly lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Picked up 2doz MaxFli Tour X (2023) at Dicks - eager to try these out, especially since fitting recommended a higher-spin ball for me.

Might be a few weeks until I get them into play, but excited to see how they feel. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

God, I hope I didn't snipe any of you just now on Ebay.  It felt borderline dirty and I think my bid came in with maybe 1/4 second left.  I really thought I'd missed it until I refreshed the page.  That said, a very good condition Srixon 5/PW Z585 set is headed my way for 50% of what most are going for used.  Club ho happy, deal hound happy.   

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bntfgetgp3rsazvbrm

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

On 2/3/2023 at 7:02 AM, Golfspy_TCB said:

Nice Carl!  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you have had a chance to put it into action.  

I've had it out for 2 rounds now and it's one nice putter!  I'm still adjusting to get the speed down better, but the ball starts on the line I've chosen almost automatically.  Only time I've hit what I'd term a bad putt had nothing to do with the putter and everything to do with me!  Both days that I've played with it brought comments from how well I was putting from my playing partners. Obviously, I don't make every putt I try to make, but it seems that I'm making more in the 10-15 foot range than normal.  As long as I maintain a light grip and just let the putter work, putts start on the chosen line without fail.  When I don't make a putt, I'm close enough for a tap in.  Needless to say, I'm very happy with the putter.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I've had it out for 2 rounds now and it's one nice putter!  I'm still adjusting to get the speed down better, but the ball starts on the line I've chosen almost automatically.  Only time I've hit what I'd term a bad putt had nothing to do with the putter and everything to do with me!  Both days that I've played with it brought comments from how well I was putting from my playing partners. Obviously, I don't make every putt I try to make, but it seems that I'm making more in the 10-15 foot range than normal.  As long as I maintain a light grip and just let the putter work, putts start on the chosen line without fail.  When I don't make a putt, I'm close enough for a tap in.  Needless to say, I'm very happy with the putter.

Yes, speed control was my finding as well, especially on longer putts.  But MAN does that thing roll on the line!!!  Hope it gets better and better for you and your game.  Mine is in the mix for the starting lineup when I get back onto the course regularly.  I really think it lives up to all the hype. 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Yes, speed control was my finding as well, especially on longer putts.  But MAN does that thing roll on the line!!!  Hope it gets better and better for you and your game.  Mine is in the mix for the starting lineup when I get back onto the course regularly.  I really think it lives up to all the hype. 

Today was better than yesterday with regards to speed control.  One thing that I've noticed is that it requires a longer backstroke with the L.A.B than it did with my Odyssey to achieve the same rollout on the same greens.  But, it rolls true and it's an adjustment that will come with use.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Still not ready to stop posting here yet.  Brand new Project X Hzrdus Green “Hulk” 60g 6.0 shaft headed my way. I have always wanted to give it a shot. 

I was just going to say when I got the notification that it seems to be a daily thing for you to post here!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)