Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

9 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Gen 4 has a slightly stiffer butt end than the Smoke, but otherwise the EI profiles are very similar.

IF you do decide to go that route, shoot me a message here, as I do have one from a Titleist TSR here which was replaced by a Ventus Black 5S.

I assume that isn’t the PVD finish thought right?  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 2/7/2023 at 9:36 PM, TylorJudd said:

Once you fit into Project X they're so great. I play the smoke black and it's a beast. As far as I know, the green is a speedometer than has no bottom. I've never had the chance to hit it but want to see it's roar. Do those all fit change the shaft orientation?

Yeah they still change the orientation of the shaft unfortunately. It’s not ideal but a small price to pay to swap shafts easily between different oems. 

It’s also my understanding that the adjustments arent the same as the Oem. -1.5 loft either direction. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I assume that isn’t the PVD finish thought right?  

OEM finish shaft from Titleist, not a special PVD finish, although the graphics are much nicer/better than previous generation Project X shafts.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Yeah they still change the orientation of the shaft unfortunately. It’s not ideal but a small price to pay to swap shafts easily between different oems. 

It’s also my understanding that the adjustments are the same as the Oem. -1.5 loft either direction. 

Well I guess I'm sticking with the opti fit haha

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, TylorJudd said:

Well I guess I'm sticking with the opti fit haha

Lol it is the best hosel adapter imo. I just picked the all-fit adapters up and went to install one in the Srixon head. The screw that came with the adapter sheared off inside the adapter. Not a good sign at all. I found a Ping screw that was the same threads so I used that in the second adapter but stopped before any clicks.  Also the setting markings don’t exactly line up with the dot on the head. 

I messaged the guy I bought them from to see what his thought are but I’m definitely not thrilled with the price I paid.  And this may not be the route I go again. 

I believed @dlow206 uses them so I’m tagging him to see if he ever came across this problem. 

Hzrdus is currently curing in the second adapter. Tour set 1hr epoxy so still hope I can hit this later today

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Lol it is the best hosel adapter imo. I just picked the all-fit adapters up and went to install one in the Srixon head. The screw that came with the adapter sheared off inside the adapter. Not a good sign at all. I found a Ping screw that was the same threads so I used that in the second adapter but stopped before any clicks.  Also the setting markings don’t exactly line up with the dot on the head. 

I messaged the guy I bought them from to see what his thought are but I’m definitely not thrilled with the price I paid.  And this may not be the route I go again. 

I believed @dlow206 uses them so I’m tagging him to see if he ever came across this problem. 

Hzrdus is currently curing in the second adapter. Tour set 1hr epoxy so still hope I can hit this later today

I have heard of the issue of the screw shearing off on an adapter but have never had it happen to myself or anyone that i actually know. did they give you a srixon specific screw?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

27 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have heard of the issue of the screw shearing off on an adapter but have never had it happen to myself or anyone that i actually know. did they give you a srixon specific screw?

No I got 2 different lengths of screws and was told to use the short one. Obviously I got this from a guy on wrx so not from all fit themselves.  It sheared off inside the adapter without much pressure applied. 

4 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Something a little more exotic to mess around with. I'm also acquiring one of the new FreeForm shafts to compare to the Autoflex.... 

20230208_122525.jpg

20230208_122530.jpg

20230208_122550.jpg

20230208_122600.jpg

That's definitely a different sole and I couldn't find ANY reviews, I saw a price of $760 to $860 American dollars not cheap..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

45 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Picked up a new Ben Hogan polo from Wal-Mart. I already have the blue camo and my buddy was wearing the white when we played Saturday and he told me he got it on clearance. I just so happened to stop at Wal-Mart after work and there it was. I also picked up some Christmas Tree cake ice cream for $.75 a container. It's the first time in a long time I walked out of the store not feeling they robbed me. 

20230208_152935-01.jpeg.b2ae6fb9c915013dc278bb343e9e18ee.jpeg

Never find that in NZ lol, shopping at "Rivers" in Sydney for more than 25 years and nice shirts for $10 Aussie...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

29 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

That's definitely a different sole and I couldn't find ANY reviews, I saw a price of $760 to $860 American dollars not cheap..

I definitely didn't pay anything close to that, found it on a Japanese auction site. Only found a few bits of information scattered around some Asian websites 

My bag is a revolving door!

32 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Never find that in NZ lol, shopping at "Rivers" in Sydney for more than 25 years and nice shirts for $10 Aussie...

Paying $10 a shirt is pretty awesome. I usually hit up places like T.J. Maxx or Ross and pay $15-20 USD for shirts and think that's a steal.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Paying $10 a shirt is pretty awesome. I usually hit up places like T.J. Maxx or Ross and pay $15-20 USD for shirts and think that's a steal.

I bought end of the line sales and even some were faulty, I couldn't see anything wrong with them but to be fair I see any perfect shirts to compare with lol, I've still got some 10 years later...

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Easy there mister long ball Sam, 155-160 is far enough with a nice easy 7-iron, this isn’t WRX. 

Starting to sound like the golf version of Lord of The Rings 😂

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

12 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I bought end of the line sales and even some were faulty, I couldn't see anything wrong with them but to be fair I see any perfect shirts to compare with lol, I've still got some 10 years later...

I do the end of the season sales the Country Clubs (13) have.  Usually 40% - 60% off.  Bought a really nice jacket last week for $25.  Really don’t need it but it was cheap right 😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 2/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, Rickp said:

Ordered the PXG 0311XF driver a few minutes ago.  Don’t know why except I wanted to……

Congrats! I almost did the same thing with a Gen 5, but decided to go with the G425 w/Distanza in 10.5* (instead of the 9* I had been playing the past two years. The club arrived last week with a splintered shaft (thanks FedEx) so I’m thinking about 2-3 weeks before TGW and Ping get things sorted out.

Which shaft did you go with, Riptide or Cypher? If there’s one thing that’s been annoying me with PXG lately it’s the lack of stock options available for guys with sub 90mph SS.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

6 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Congrats! I almost did the same thing with a Gen 5, but decided to go with the G425 w/Distanza in 10.5* (instead of the 9* I had been playing the past two years. The club arrived last week with a splintered shaft (thanks FedEx) so I’m thinking about 2-3 weeks before TGW and Ping get things sorted out.

Which shaft did you go with, Riptide or Cypher? If there’s one thing that’s been annoying me with PXG lately it’s the lack of stock options available for guys with sub 90mph SS.

Riptide, I have a Cypher already.  Also have a couple of Kuro Kage shafts that I would need PXG adapter.

was just notified driver will be here Sunday.

Rick

Left Hand, 

39 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I saw a WITB of Buffalo QB Josh Allen on another site, and loved the Oncore driver head cover he had. I play their golf balls, so I thought why not?

I was surprised to see it was only $28, so I figured why not? It arrived yesterday and I love it. Here’s a pic of it in Josh’s bag.

E5C4847D-5737-4FC8-9AB5-680337AB2CE8.jpeg

3E123B78-C3BB-4D7E-B491-3B3857EE89E9.jpeg

Actually I like the bag also👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Actually I like the bag also👍

Oh yeah, that bag is sharp. Here’s the problem though Rick. You lived in my area for a while, and you like to play early.

You put a white bag on a cart and play a wet course? That thing would look like an arctic camo bag after about 5 holes.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

6 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Oh yeah, that bag is sharp. Here’s the problem though Rick. You lived in my area for a while, and you like to play early.

You put a white bag on a cart and play a wet course? That thing would look like an arctic camo bag after about 5 holes.

Yup, how soon I forget.  That’s why I have a black cart.  Or official, “Carbon Graphite”…….looks like dullish black to me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

I do the end of the season sales the Country Clubs (13) have.  Usually 40% - 60% off.  Bought a really nice jacket last week for $25.  Really don’t need it but it was cheap right 😜

It's hard to turn down a good deal and it sounds like you got a great one. 

Just ordered the new Flow Set 4-6 King CB and 7-PW King MB Cobra irons with Nippon Modus 3 120 X flex soft stepped 1. I am a Mizuno iron guy but I hit these and love them. Very much Mizuno feel but do t have to manipulate lofts and consequently bounce to get set to flow in the CB/MB transition as the Cobra lofts are seamless through both CB and MB. The feel is great and they look very clean and traditional. 

Larry A. Merrick 

Update and probably the last purchase for a while. (This one caught SWMBO’s attention) lol

As you may have seen I sold the “Hulk” shaft. It is a great shaft and the combo with the ZX5 LS lowered my spin to sub 2000’s on many shots. I found that I had to swing 110% to get the most out of the shaft and my body won’t let me do that anymore. If they made it in 5.5 with that finish it would probably be the ticket(Black Gen4 is a possibility if 5.5 becomes available). 

So instead I decided to buy an autoflex 505xx shaft to pair with the ZX5 LS. Local guy is still awaiting his demo Srixon and Cally heads so I’m leaving mine with him to use as a demo and I’ll get a new one when he gets his in. By doing so I’m getting a new autoflex for less then they go for used. Hard to complain about that. 

On a different note the ZX5 LS can absolutely keep up ball speed wise with anything out there and is definitely low spin. Even with a couple different shafts they had spin stayed very consistent only going over 3000 once on a terrible heel shot. 

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Update 😅 and probably the last 😂 purchase for a while. 🤣

... "Last Purchase"