Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

44 minutes ago, ole gray said:

The same guy who was super interested in the P790s hit my HDs on the range and had an organism!  He kept drooling out of his mouth like a red tick coon hound on the trail and had this wild look in his eyes.  He hit the HD wedge then eight iron and then was slobbering over the five iron.  I told him to go ahead before he peed his pants and hit that sucker. He smacked that ball high and long and said how much?  I said how much what? Well, how much ya want for em?  I said the P790s ain't got here yet!  He said screw the P790s these HD irons are what I'm wanting. I said whooooooaaaaaa  there big fellow, you'd rather run through hell with gasoline drawers on than try and take those HD's out of my bag. The next thing I knew he was pulling clubs out of my bag and taking pictures of em. I'd bet my brother-in-law's prize coon hound old Larry will have a set of the HDs in his bag by next weekend. 😁

They do have that affect on you once you hit them.  😍

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

They do have that affect on you once you hit them.  😍

I'm almost getting used to them nice high shots landing like a butterfly with sore feet but yea, I get bug-eyed like a June bug in a bass pond. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 3/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, ole gray said:

I picked up a set of 2017 Taylormade P790s to compare with my Stealth HD irons.  I'm playing some solid golf with the HDs since I was fitted for them and becoming extremely fond of them.  With that said I wanted to see if I have enough game to shoot a decent round with the P790s.  I shot 83 today in some cold windy blow-up ya overalls type weather today with the HDs. I have a friend who is looking for a set of the P790 so after my experiment, I may pass them on to him at the same good price I paid for them ($650.00)

This is interesting.  Maybe I missed it but what were you playing before the Stealth HDs?  

I've read some of the other comments in this thread and it will be interesting to see what you find, but honestly it is strange to me to pit clubs from two different categories against each other.  The HD is like the Cleveland Launcher XLs with that sole. Seems kind of like pitting the P790s against some 1980s Titleist blades 🤔 BUT, you might be surprised.

Look forward to reading your follow up.  But either way, as much as I still like them, I wish I had only paid $650 for my 790s.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

6 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

This is interesting.  Maybe I missed it but what were you playing before the Stealth HDs?  

I've read some of the other comments in this thread and it will be interesting to see what you find, but honestly it is strange to me to pit clubs from two different categories against each other.  The HD is like the Cleveland Launcher XLs with that sole. Seems kind of like pitting the P790s against some 1980s Titleist blades 🤔 BUT, you might be surprised.

Look forward to reading your follow up.  But either way, as much as I still like them, I wish I had only paid $650 for my 790s.

I had the Cleveland Launcher XL irons for the majority of 2022 although I'd rotate them with the Cleveland Launcher Halo irons which are hybrid-like irons.  The Halos are in the same category as the HD irons which is SGI  (super game improvement) whereas the XL is GI (game improvement).

I'm a solid 12 handicap golfer who you would think would gravitate more towards regular game improvement irons over the super game improvement ones.  With that said, I'm 72 years old, and my swing speed due to my age and physical limits needs a little help. Well, maybe a lot of help. 😁  

The P790s that are coming today will have senior flex shafts which I have in my HDs however for a true test I will need to have the 790s loft and lies checked for accuracy.  The lie will have to be bent up 1 degree and 1/2 inch added to the length of the irons to make them equal in specs to the HDs. 

Yea $650 is a solid deal for P790s (5-GW) although I bet yours are the 2019 or 2021 version.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The old school eBay find Mizuno MP-60 irons arrived, have had their bath, grew 1/4” already in their new home, and are looking spry.  Here are sample pics.  After the siblings are regripped, they are all going to go out and play this Sunday. 

6A0478CB-7D1F-4A68-9547-11148514F789.jpeg

365D924B-143C-4A21-8D94-58B7F8461BD4.jpeg

04745A39-7AC5-4115-91BF-09344EEB28E1.jpeg

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Getting serious this year about correcting my swig so I recently bought the open box Tour Striker Plane Mate on their website. Really liking it. First few days it’s helped my wedge game out immensely. Looking forward to seeing how well it helps my irons next!

Driver: King Radspeed
3 Wood: Mizuno JPX 
Hybrid: 19* Taylormade SLDR
5 Wood: King Cobra Offset SS Hyper Steel
4-PW: Nike Covert VrS with Aldila VS Proto shafts
Putter: Wilson Buckingham

Picked up some new Srixon zx5mkII 6-pw. Fitted at truespec orlando. It’s outside so I didn’t hit off a mat. 
had pxg 0211 from about 4 years ago. Big difference in control and feel. Of course the srixons are forged whereas the pxg’s where not. Higher flight, narrow dispersion and buttery feel. Lack of vibration is also a plus. 

Witb= Rogue max LS driver

3wood 5 wood and 7 wood all first gen stealth. 
22 degree pxg hybrid 25 degree pxg hybrid  

6-pw Srixon zx5 mkII irons  traded in pxg 0211 from 4 years ago  

50-54-58 edel wedges with moveable weights  

labgolf putter with upgraded shaft  

thats 15 clubs  needless to say not all come to the course with me  

Project X EvenFlow Blue 55 Graphite Wood Shaft

Inexpensive continuation of experiment on lighter shaft in the driver.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

Went ahead and bought the new shot scope watch.  I've misplaced the charging cord for my V3 and this seemed like the best solution!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

3 hours ago, Afaan said:

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to share with you my recent purchases as a fellow member of Club Ho's Anonymous.

Lately, I've been trying to be more mindful of my spending habits and avoid unnecessary purchases, but I did splurge on a few things that I've been eyeing for a while. First, I bought a new pair of running shoes to replace my old worn-out ones. I've been trying to prioritize my physical health and fitness, so investing in a good pair of shoes was important to me.

I also bought a set of resistance bands for at-home workouts, as well as a new yoga mat. Since the pandemic started, I've been doing most of my workouts at home, so having the right equipment has been crucial.

Lastly, I treated myself to a new book that I've been wanting to read for a while. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, and I always find it to be a great way to unwind and de-stress.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchases and feel like they were worth the investment. I look forward to hearing about your own recent purchases and how you've been managing your spending

Well you’ve copied me exactly lol, I’d not added these purchases because they’re not golf clubs or about golf? There’s one difference the book are from my local library or an app called LIBBY, the bands I’ve had for 3 years and use them for strength and stretching training mostly because I’m concerned 😟 about Covid. So limiting my exposure to groups of people and I wear a face mask 😷 when I go out, after spending 3 months in hospital 2019 with a month in a coma I’m paranoid about getting sick and going back to hospital lol….

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

been away for a bit, working on something awesome, best purchase yet...

I thought we were going to have to send out a search party for you. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Club Cameron membership for '23. Edison Wedges 49º, 53º and a 57º.  I ordered the Scotty Cameron superselect Newport 2, should be here just in time for the CA super wet winter to be over....fingers crossed.

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

Just purchased a Project X Even-Flow blue to try in my 3 wood. All of my other clubs are X-flex except the 3W so thought it worth a try. Nice deal on eBay at £49 brand new.

Will report back when I've had a go with it...

m47303982346_2.jpg.2198391fedb9bfea35ab948c84b67f05.jpg

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

FINALLY pulled the trigger on my new Paradym driver!!!!!!!!!!!🤑🙃

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

20 hours ago, dlow206 said:

been away for a bit, working on something awesome, best purchase yet...

Well that is a high bar to clear right there given all the purchases we have seen. Also great to see you back and hope to see you around a bit more if life allows.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, DStar said:

Just purchased a Project X Even-Flow blue to try in my 3 wood. All of my other clubs are X-flex except the 3W so thought it worth a try. Nice deal on eBay at £49 brand new.

Will report back when I've had a go with it...

m47303982346_2.jpg.2198391fedb9bfea35ab948c84b67f05.jpg

I have one of these collecting dust...if you like it and want another for another stick in your bag let me know.  (Honma tipped.)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Most recently, the Callaway Paradym X 6 Hybrid.  Still learning it, but overall I believe this is their best hybrid yet.  

Paul "Red" Dvorak

CallawaySmallLogo.jpg.4676b548b091ead456f20f3034bf6002.jpg  Mavrik Driver, Rogue ST Max Irons, Mavrik, Rogue & Paradym Hybrids 

Ping Small Logo.jpg Sand Wedge

Titleist Small Logo.jpg  Velocity 

Bought the taylormade sim ti 3 wood and taylormade stealth 3 hybrid for this year,  Played just one round, but absolutely loved the feel of the 3 wood.

Callaway Paradym w/ Ventus TR Black 7x shaft

Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 3 wood

Taylormade Stealth 3 Hybrid

Srixon MKII ZX5 4-PW

Titleist SM8/9 Vokey Wedges in 50, 54, 58 in Black

Cobra King 3D Grandsport 35 Black Putter

I am upgrading the 3W, 5W, and hybrid heads to Rogue ST Max (3W and 5W) and Paradym X (4 hybrid).  All bought on eBay.  Same shafts.  Getting them built next week; excited to try these out!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Took the plunge today on the x5 in steel gray.  My Arccos sensors will prob start failing soon, and then I'll need to switch to a subscription version.  Plus.  I wear a watch usually anyway.  Looking forward to giving this a try! 

image.png

Glad to see you pulled the trigger and joined the team ShotScope

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Glad to see you pulled the trigger and joined the team ShotScope

If I sell my sensor stock on eBay I might get 3-4 years out of this for the cost of one year of Arccos.  That's the plan anyway!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Callaway pre owned once again eating my money.

Picked up a jaws md5 off some sale they had going. I had the 52* already, but I really needed to replace this 56* cleveland I had bought used.  Thing was beaten to hell.  So it was time.

Gotta say this spins the absolute nipples off the ball.  I dont exactly have a crazy swing speed either (pretty slow actually).

Still waiting on warmer weather to try it on a course though.

”like new”

still had the plastic wrap on it.

3ED8977B-9946-4706-8B1C-E97F27F963C9.jpeg

35A33E45-2002-4CDC-A004-A8FA2340E0DA.jpeg

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Arccos sensors and bundle pack just arrived. Can’t wait to get them out on the course!

next on the wish list is a 7w, which I think will replace my 3-hybrid. Besides a better shot shape, i also own a 4-hybrid and the gapping is only ~15 yards plus i occasionally hit my 4h farther…

Callaway rogue driver

Ping G400 FW, 3h, 4h 

Callaway Mavrik irons 

callaway jaws 50, 56, 60 wedges 

Odyssey putter 

New Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin 52.11* and 56.12* wedges. My old Vokey's were so stripped that I was getting no spin. Now, I have to completely relearn my shots. Worth it

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

Driver:    Cobra King F9 10.5*
3-Wood:    Callaway XR 
3-Hybrid:  Cobra fly-z 19*
Irons:     Titleist AP1 714 - 4-P

Wedges:    Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin 52.12*,56.12* -- Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 60K*
Putter:    Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Balls:     Titleist Pro-V1
GPS:       Bushnell Wingman

All clubs lengthened 2"

I recently ordered the Cleveland 2011 Classic Black 1.5 Putter from 2nd Swing.  It has a smooth feel to it and compares nicely to other expensive putters I'ved tested that are North of $300+.  

For $50, it feels like a steal.  

image.png.34563ea41b45f14e8d51167506fe36c5.png
Driver: Cleveland Launcher
3 Wood: Ping Epic Max
Hybrid: Ping Ratpure (looking to replace)
Irons: Cleveland XL Halos
Wedges: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Black Satin: 54 & 58
Putter: Cleveland Classic Collections 1.5 Blade 

5 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Well that is a high bar to clear right there given all the purchases we have seen. Also great to see you back and hope to see you around a bit more if life allows.

Definitely a high bar haha

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4