What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

I was browsing Amazon deals and noticed they were in on the Bridgestone B330 promo as well. I randomly decided to click the "there's a newer model available" link and it took me to the Tour B XS page with a price of $37.49.

The price looks like it's still there if anyone else wanted to grab some: https://smile.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Golf-Balls-White-Dozen/dp/B075KC9VMR/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511624173&sr=8-4&keywords=bridgestone+tour+b

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

To follow up on one of my teases from the other day. PXG Proto X 9 degree Evenflow Blue 5.5  

Posted Images

Yeah, I hit that up, too .. three times!

Have found some great deals there, plus they always seem to have the most generous trade-in values. And they sell you a return shipping label (UPS) to send stuff back for only $4.95

So now I've added....

* 2 for 1 Cally BB Fusion 3W and 5W

* almost 50% off Cally BB Fusion "Heavy" driver - this is the one with the shorter shaft and a 12g weight (vs the standard 5g)

* 3 for the price of one new wedges - though these are less than "Like New" condition and are the older gen (pre-MD series) Forged wedges.

I have a Forged 54 that I like, but haven't played in favor of an older X Jaws. But the attraction here is these all have the same *graphite* shaft.

I've been looking at that Cleveland CBX wedge for the GI features, but I really like hitting solid forged wedges. And then it hit me like the proverbial light bulb flashing on - graphite shafts may be more forgiving (in addition to a little lighter which I'm starting to like as I get older) .. I'd always thought wedge shafts were just _supposed_ to be steel and that's it.

(Yeah yeah I know I can go to a fitter and have them work this all out but I kinda enjoy testing / trial & error / learning on my own, plus I could always trade the stuff back and it would be less than the cost of a fitting.)

These wedges also have more bounce at each loft vs my current ones, and I'm thinking that can help me, too, as I sometimes can come in steep on the ball.

All the woods have Recoil shafts, which I also have in my irons and PW. And all the clubs got new Golf Pride CP2 wrap grips (which I also have on my irons and PW) for no extra charge.

So _almost_ kinda starting to standardize things through the bag!

WOW, gotta be the shopper of the year. I guess that's taking advantage of Black Friday deals

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Have found some great deals there, plus they always seem to have the most generous trade-in values. And they sell you a return shipping label (UPS) to send stuff back for only $4.95

So now I've added....

* almost 50% off Cally BB Fusion "Heavy" driver - this is the one with the shorter shaft and a 12g weight (vs the standard 5g)

* 3 for the price of one new wedges - though these are less than "Like New" condition and are the older gen (pre-MD series) Forged wedges.

I have a Forged 54 that I like, but haven't played in favor of an older X Jaws. But the attraction here is these all have the same *graphite* shaft.

I've been looking at that Cleveland CBX wedge for the GI features, but I really like hitting solid forged wedges. And then it hit me like the proverbial light bulb flashing on - graphite shafts may be more forgiving (in addition to a little lighter which I'm starting to like as I get older) .. I'd always thought wedge shafts were just _supposed_ to be steel and that's it.

(Yeah yeah I know I can go to a fitter and have them work this all out but I kinda enjoy testing / trial & error / learning on my own, plus I could always trade the stuff back and it would be less than the cost of a fitting.)

These wedges also have more bounce at each loft vs my current ones, and I'm thinking that can help me, too, as I sometimes can come in steep on the ball.

All the woods have Recoil shafts, which I also have in my irons and PW. And all the clubs got new Golf Pride CP2 wrap grips (which I also have on my irons and PW) for no extra charge.

So now I've added....

Nice haul there!

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

WOW, gotta be the shopper of the year. I guess that's taking advantage of Black Friday deals

Nice haul there!

Ha, thx guys!

But a quick update:

Went to the range today, and .. looks like the Fusion 5W is going back (and the XR16 5W is staying; has a Speeder 565).

Let the laughing commence..... ;-)

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

The XR16 series is amazing. It feels illegally hot off the face.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

The XR16 series is amazing. It feels illegally hot off the face.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah! I really really like my XR 4H, too.
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Ok Mr Cheapo went shopping tonight at his favorite store Goodwill-- Found 2 Titleist Visors new $1.99 each. One new Titleist hat in yellow that matches my old Titleist stand bag $1.99. The big find was a London Fog full brim felt hat with leather band for you guessed it $1.99

• Like 5

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Ok Mr Cheapo went shopping tonight at his favorite store Goodwill-- Found 2 Titleist Visors new $1.99 each. One new Titleist hat in yellow that matches my old Titleist stand bag $1.99. The big find was a London Fog full brim felt hat with leather band for you guessed it $1.99

Not Mr Cheapo it's Mr Frugal. Sounds better

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not Mr Cheapo it's Mr Frugal. Sounds better

Thanks it does sound better. The golf shop I helped run and was a silent partner in  was called McFrugals my buddy Big John (RIP) who started it named it that--- His motto was "We save you money for greens fees"

• Like 4

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Hi MGS, I just started playing in July and I'm a +20 handicap.

After discovering, reading and even having Adam reply to my emails, I relied on MGS for gear purchases.

Based on swing speed I went with a Wilson D300 driver a few weeks ago. I really like the feel of it, way better then the 2017 Orlimar driver I was using.

After using a real club I went nuts last weekend and retooled my bag. I got a new Titleist 917 F2, and Cobra F7 3-4 hybrid. Both feel like real clubs and the F7 keeps me in the fairway.

I also helped my short game out and got a ping ketsch mid. This club shaved a couple strokes on my latest round. Solid purchase for me because I'm trying to develop a forward press on the greens. This one makes you play that way. I immediately putted better then with my 90s but in great shape with a new black ping man grip Anser2.

Didn't get fit for any of them as I went the used and new on eBay route. The titleist was legit, at least I think so, and only 150 never hit. Came with head cover and an extra draw/fade weight. Even the owners manual explaining the setup came with it.

So yeah I take data serious and I saw myself get better after one round with the new clubs. Played with a guy who works at my home course and he gave me a big tip I'll carry with me from now on. Keep a solid tempo and don't rush. 1-2

• Like 7

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

After discovering, reading and even having Adam reply to my emails, I relied on MGS for gear purchases.

Based on swing speed I went with a Wilson D300 driver a few weeks ago. I really like the feel of it, way better then the 2017 Orlimar driver I was using.

After using a real club I went nuts last weekend and retooled my bag. I got a new Titleist 917 F2, and Cobra F7 3-4 hybrid. Both feel like real clubs and the F7 keeps me in the fairway.

I also helped my short game out and got a ping ketsch mid. This club shaved a couple strokes on my latest round. Solid purchase for me because I'm trying to develop a forward press on the greens. This one makes you play that way. I immediately putted better then with my 90s but in great shape with a new black ping man grip Anser2.

Didn't get fit for any of them as I went the used and new on eBay route. The titleist was legit, at least I think so, and only 150 never hit. Came with head cover and an extra draw/fade weight. Even the owners manual explaining the setup came with it.

So yeah I take data serious and I saw myself get better after one round with the new clubs. Played with a guy who works at my home course and he gave me a big tip I'll carry with me from now on. Keep a solid tempo and don't rush. 1-2

Good for you and yea, a solid tempo is a very important part of golf...   Glad you joined us and keep going with your comments and contributions. 

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway Epic Flash 3 hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Arm Lock Putter 42 inch

What a great post!!

So cool to hear Adam helping you out. But not surprised that's what he has founded this site on, information to help your game.

You are right about the 917 F2, it's as solid of FW as I've hit. The 18 degree is my go to club, never a problem hitting it off the deck and the 15 degree is a killer off the tee when my driver goes wonky.

Thanks for the update. Lots of good golf conversations all over the forum. Jump right in.

• Like 3

It's sad to say, but such a joy at the same time, to have bought another putter this week. I got a Betty Queen Bee 7 from a demo event that was still in plastic. This makes it so I know have 4 putters from 4 different brands. attachicon.gifIMG_1901.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1902.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1903.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1904.JPG

Welcome to the Queen B family!  That's a beauty for sure  :wub: 

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway Epic Flash 3 hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Arm Lock Putter 42 inch

Took advantage of the Budget Golf sale and got a set of the Wilson FG V4 Irons. $250 shipped 4-G

Man. Maybe I should have looked a bit harder at that sale.