hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

The regular Ping G in 4 - PW with the AWT 2.0 shafts. I would have preferred a gap wedge(50 degree) over the 4 iron however I will have to ordered it now. I'm trying to decide on the Ping U wedge for my set or the Cleveland CBX 50 degree that would match my sand wedge.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. I kept my i5 U wedge long after I sold the irons. And the CBX wedges are really good. I would probably lean thst way to match your other wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Well I posted it in the Happy Thread, but I guess it should go here as well, since this is technically where it belongs. Just when I was a bit disappointed yesterday that our GM and Super's M4 and M3 came in, UPS delivered my G400 MAX. So off to the simulator I went with it. Initial results were good, launching a bit high (according to the sim data) but distance was on par with what I was seeing out of my previous driver, but the flight was straight as an arrow, had a couple that turned over into a bit of a hook. Not one slice in the bunch.

Can't wait to get it out on the course for real life results.

attachicon.gifPING Head Cover.jpg

attachicon.gifPING Driver USe This.jpg

attachicon.gifPING Shaft.jpg

This is on my list of “want to buys” this year. That list is slowly getting longer and longer haha

• Like 3

This is on my list of “want to buys” this year. That list is slowly getting longer and longer haha

Agreed. There are so many brands on my not-so-short list that when the time comes, I fear I won't be able to make a decision.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hit the F8+ driver tonight at PGA Superstore in Birmingham... First Cobra driver I've liked in a VERY long time.

I also hit the F8+ fairway... Liked the feel and sound!

Also hit Fowler's irons... Wow! Felt like butter and I hit them dead-straight!

Callaway's new X Forged irons feel very good...

And lastly, I took four swings, as they closed, with the Mizuno ST180 driver. Wow! Very straight, really good ball speed. Nice!

• Like 5

Forgot to add the putters I tried. Ping Sigma G Doon, counter-weighted. Not bad...

Ping Ketsch. Not bad.

Evenroll ER6B. Drained a bunch with this one! If it were heavier, I'd REALLY like it! Nice!

Edel E-2 (similar to mine). Best feel and sound of the bunch. Hard to beat!!!

• Like 1

I hit the F8+ driver tonight at PGA Superstore in Birmingham... First Cobra driver I've liked in a VERY long time.

I also hit the F8+ fairway... Liked the feel and sound!

Also hit Fowler's irons... Wow! Felt like butter and I hit them dead-straight!

Callaway's new X Forged irons feel very good...

And lastly, I took four swings, as they closed, with the Mizuno ST180 driver. Wow! Very straight, really good ball speed. Nice!

I might have to move just to get close to a PGA SuperStore.... 

there used to be a golfsmith near me but they closed up shop and the only thing even remotely close is a Golf Galaxy that looks like it is having a going-out-of-business sale with so few things in stock.

sounds like fun!  Glad to hear you liked the Cobra stuff.  They've been coming on pretty strong recently and their stuff is getting better and better.

• Like 1

Carolina, surely you know how much I value our friendship. However, I must admit that I regret that you are not left handed. When the wife asked my plans, I could say, I'm going to see my buddy, Carolina, for a demo day.

TheWahoo... I was just thinking the same thing!!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

I might have to move just to get close to a PGA SuperStore.... 

there used to be a golfsmith near me but they closed up shop and the only thing even remotely close is a Golf Galaxy that looks like it is having a going-out-of-business sale with so few things in stock.

sounds like fun!  Glad to hear you liked the Cobra stuff.  They've been coming on pretty strong recently and their stuff is getting better and better.

Same here Stroker, it's hard to believe with the population of DC/Baltimore they don't have one store in this entire region.   Like you, our Golfsmiths have closed and the GG and hardly worth the effort.  Fortunately I work where I do and get access to the reps regularly.   But sometimes you just like to go in a store on the spur of the moment and look around or try something.  

• Like 3

Just scored a brand new 21* Adams Super Proto DHY w/ Matrix Altus hX3 White Tie for $45. Hoping it will launch a bit higher than my MB2 3 iron. The roll and bulge face should also be nice for finding fairways on short par fours. As usual, I checked the MGS archives prior to pulling the trigger.

• Like 2

Picked up an Odyssey # 2 White Hot center shaft that needs a new insert. Found a used Adams Red 19 degree hybrid at a 2nd hand store tjhat I hit tonight for the first time.  My first hybrid experince and I think I will like it after I regrip it.  7 dozen golf balls at 3 bucks a dozen brand new from a contractor who boiught them from Home Depot after Black Friday.  Some kind of Bridgestone that will make great practice balls.  

On CL I found a guy selling two display boards full of course logo balls from courses his grandfather had played at or at least visited.  186 logo balls in all.  I wanted it for a couple courses in the area that have long   closed so it was worth the 20 bucks I paid for them all. Plus it had a number of courses I played but failed to buy a buy from so I got more than my moneys worth out of it.  

Pretty impressive collection from all over the world.  

• Like 2

Just scored a brand new 21* Adams Super Proto DHY w/ Matrix Altus hX3 White Tie for $45. Hoping it will launch a bit higher than my MB2 3 iron. The roll and bulge face should also be nice for finding fairways on short par fours. As usual, I checked the MGS archives prior to pulling the trigger.

Still a solid stick. It will launch higher than the MB2 and lets just say a bit more forgiving.

• Like 2

Won this today on eBay to add to my collection. I didn't plan on buying it, but I put in a couple bids and ended up winning it for $28. Figured that was a pretty good deal!

IMG_0694.JPGIMG_0695.JPGIMG_0696.JPG

• Like 9

That's clean T. Good score!

Thanks, buddy! Can't wait to see it in person.

Finally...finally I won an ebay auction ... had to stay up until midnight to do it but what the heck...

Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged Iron Set 5-PW DynaLite Gold XP S300 Stiff Flex Steel RH

• Like 6

Finally...finally I won an ebay auction ... had to stay up until midnight to do it but what the heck...

Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged Iron Set 5-PW DynaLite Gold XP S300 Stiff Flex Steel RH

Awesome! I've tried so many times to get a good deal on eBay. The price just goes up too darn fast!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome! I've tried so many times to get a good deal on eBay. The price just goes up too darn fast!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No kidding!! Waited until about 10 seconds left before I bid and entered my Max bid. Ended up getting a good deal ($126).

Nice thing about eBay is there is usually another one for sale again soon.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 dozen TaylorMade TP5x for $31/dz using the eBay presidents day sale!

• Like 2